• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Our church has a basic flyer we have been passing out with a plan of salvation and church info on it but this next year we are planning on going over the same areas again to present the Gospel. We were thinking of buying the "This was Your Life" Chick tract and have our church information custom printed on the back of the tract. That way those who are not home or do not have time for us to present the gospel can have something substantial, with the gospel and not our church as the primary focus, and isn't automatically tossed into the trash. All in all it will cost us minimum $1,000 for 10,000 tracts if we want the custom printing.

Has anyone here had this done for their church? If so, do you think it was worth the cost and results as compared to a regular by fold church tract?

• Moderators

I always wanted to but could never afford it. If you want to invest the time, and less money, you could have some address stamps made for much less and make it a church Saturday event for stamping the tracts. It makes for a fun time, an opportunity to discuss what will be done with them, have some fellowship and a meal together, while making the focus the work, and saving a bunch of money. And as people help they become more invested in the passing of the tracts as they helped prepare them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We custom printed 10,000 copies of the Chick Tract, "This Was Your Life," in Chinese for our church. It was a larger financial outlay as we had to pay overseas shipping at the time. We did not see a lot of visable results. So, in my heart I felt it was worth it; but the results were not much in evidence.

As you know, we have made, and printed, our own tracts based on John 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-7. We have had good success with  the tracts that we designed ourselves. When we designed it we had our church address, and the Sunday morning service time, on the front, and on the back we had a decision card made.

Let us know which way you proceed. If the cost is a factor let us know and we will send you a love offering to help offset the expense.

Alan

• Members
On 11/26/2016 at 6:22 PM, Alan said:

Let us know which way you proceed. If the cost is a factor let us know and we will send you a love offering to help offset the expense.

Alan

Thanks for the information. The cost is not a factor as we already have the money to do it. I'm currently considering producing a custom gospel tract as well and I prefer our church controlling the messages in our witnessing products but if there was a noticeable response to a chick format as opposed to the regular church tract style then we would like to try a door to door campaign with them rather then with just a church invitation tract. But if those who have used them have not notice much of a response we would just as soon invest our time and effort with our own tracts.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

We decided to just print our own so that we could have control of the content. I've attache a PDF if you all would like to see it. It is two tracts on a 11/8.5 sheet of paper which is cut in half and then folded twice. The small collom on the side can be used to add upcoming activities of the church as they come up. We may be using the format for regular gospel tracts as well. If anyone wants a Word Document of it so you can make your own then let me know.

Any advice on the content or format is welcome! Also would anyone know of a place to get a variable folding machine?

Edgecliff Baptist Church Invitation Tract.pdf

• Administrators

What is the font size of the text? The reason I am asking is that it looks rather small and the lines are spaced closely together. That's not a problem with someone who has no eye issues, but it was actually a little hard for me to read, unless I made my screen larger. My eyes are not the greatest, though. 

• Members
15 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

What is the font size of the text? The reason I am asking is that it looks rather small and the lines are spaced closely together. That's not a problem with someone who has no eye issues, but it was actually a little hard for me to read, unless I made my screen larger. My eyes are not the greatest, though. 

Its a size 10 font the typical church invitation seems to be around 8 font.

Here are some pictures of the finished product on 64lb premium Ivory cover stock paper: 

IMG_20170311_022925167_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20170311_022950934[1].jpg

IMG_20170311_023020304[1].jpg

IMG_20170311_023045226[1].jpg

IMG_20170311_031035835_HDR[1].jpg

Edited by John Young

• Members

D'ya know, a personal bugbear of mine is text that crosses folds........

I know plenty of people who don't care, don't notice - but it sets me CDO off.

So I like the outside, but not the inside....?

( Note: CDO is like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order......)

• Members
37 minutes ago, DaveW said:

D'ya know, a personal bugbear of mine is text that crosses folds........

I know! Mine too! I originally made it so the third column could be cut off as well but my text was too small to read and bunched together. I thought about reducing the message but really wanted it, So I compromised. Fortunately, I can keep working on it to my heart's content.

• Members

Thanks! Now for the important part of tract making. We will be passing them out during our door to door soul winning this morning so we will see how well they are received.

Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

• Members

Nice tract!  

I had custom imprinted tracts from Chick a number of years ago.  I quit using Chick tracts as it seemed that he used a "judgement" scene in so many of them with no explanation between the two different judgments.  As I pondered that I wondered if the tracts didn't UN-INTENTIONALLY help to reinforce the false teaching of a single general judgement.  I remember there seemed to be un-scriptural scene's "at the pearly gates."  I AM NOT saying that the late Jack Chick was purposefully teaching these things... just that the tracts were easy to "mis-understand."  A personal view only - I pray that God uses those tracts mightily.

Edited by 1611mac

• Administrators
9 hours ago, John Young said:

Its a size 10 font the typical church invitation seems to be around 8 font.

Thanks. It looks nice.  Sizes 10-12 are typical font sizes for most correspondence, so 10 wouldn't be impossible to read. There is a lot there - all good, to be sure! Most likely someone with some eye issues would be able to read it. I probably would (although the red ink fights against me sometimes, blurring words together). Maybe you could consider a full page version of the tract done in large print as well as the smaller one? You wouldn't need as many of those, but if, as you're handing them out, someone says they can't read it you would be ready with the larger print.

We just created a church/tract brochure. It is more of a tract than church information because the church is still without a pastor and there really isn't much to say about it yet. It is 7 years old, but still a babe. We created it to go along with the soul-winning class my hubs is teaching so that we can begin an outreach program to the area. It is done in pamphlet style, so each will take a whole sheet.  It's exciting to see church tracts being created - they are much more personal!