• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Biblical separation

• Members

My wife and I have been invited to lunch on Sunday by a couple who have just come out of an ecumenical church.  They are keen gospel preachers and were surprised at the gospel preaching in our church as they were told that we were a cult because we do not join forces with the ecumenical churches. If the subject comes up I would like to be ready with scripture verses.  I know there are many but my memory is not too good these days, and I can't recall many.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

David

• Moderators

Well, there is Rom 8, which deals with carnal mindedness and spirit mindedness-clearly there are many churches that are very carnally-minded and should be avoided.

2Cor 6:11-18, which is a clear warning against ecumenism.   Amos 3:3, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

Of course, the difficult thing will be to convince them that the churches that teach wrong are, well, teaching wrong, and as such, need to be avioded.

• Members

Thanks Mike,

I have received David Cloud's emails for years and I remember hi making a good case for biblical separation, but I can't find it now,  For me the most important  item is RC  involvement, second is liberals.