• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

GP Are you a Calvinist or not?

• Members

Questions to Genevanpreacher to see whether he is really a Calvinist or not.

Pastor Scott Markle said:

Question #2: Does the Lord our God engage in a general call unto all human individuals to be saved, or does He only engage in a specific call unto those whom He has pre-chosen to be saved?  What Biblical evidence would you provide for your answer?

Question #3: Does the Lord our God engage in a general "drawing" upon all human individuals to be saved, or does He only engage in a specific "drawing" upon those whom He has pre-chosen to be saved?  What Biblical evidence would you provide for your answer?

• Members
10 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Question #2: Does the Lord our God engage in a general call unto all human individuals to be saved, or does He only engage in a specific call unto those whom He has pre-chosen to be saved?  What Biblical evidence would you provide for your answer?

Question #3: Does the Lord our God engage in a general "drawing" upon all human individuals to be saved, or does He only engage in a specific "drawing" upon those whom He has pre-chosen to be saved?  What Biblical evidence would you provide for your answer?

#2. Yes. John 1:9 - 

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Along with John 14:46 & 47-

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

The Lord's focus for salvation was everyone ever born.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Administrators

GP, thank you for this thread, it helps un-muddy the other one where this issue came up.

Thank you also for the clear and plain answers you provided to the two questions put forth to you.

Your answers should put to rest any doubts or questions about where you stand on this subject, unless.................................................

In future discussion threads you choose to either go against these clear answers, or post what is understood to be Calvinist doctrine, thereby negation your clear answers here.

In this thread the questions are unmistakably clear, as are the answers to them.

• Members
On 10/25/2016 at 4:56 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

Yes he does call all.

Once again John chapter 1 covers the issue well.

9  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

• Members
17 hours ago, heartstrings said:

...and we receive him by our own choice.

Deuteronomy 30:19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Nice verse, but used totally out of context when speaking about salvation - although the 'idea' applies, it is speaking of choosing to obey the Lord's commands, not choosing whether to believe for salvations sake.

We should use Acts 8:37 better -

"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

The eunuch was wanting to be baptized, but the prerequisite was the belief, which was voluntarily offered, from the eunuch's mouth, that he believed with all his heart  "that Jesus Christ is the Son of God".

That is the real 'choice'.

Edited by Genevanpreacher