• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We need rain...badly!

• Members

I've debated on whether to post this, but it has come to the point that we need God's people to pray.

We are in a dire situation in our area. I'll spare the details of everything...what has gone wrong and the neglect of our local government. 

Our local water source is a river, and it has basically dried up. I took our son (a few days ago) to look at the river, and in one section, it's basically only an arm's length in width with just a trickle flowing though that particular section. Our family is buying bottled water to use for cooking and drinking since there are major bans on usage.

Please pray for rain for our area. Though I don't work in our local water treatment facility, my job is in water treatment, so I realize how dire the situation is. It's truly a bad situation.

Thank you to all who may pray for this.

• Administrators

Get your umbrellas ready, NoNi. (I don't know if you ever read John R. Rice's Prayer: Asking and Receiving, but he tells a story in there about a church who was praying for rain...but came to church without umbrellas. His point being that if they truly believed God would send rain, they'd prepare for it. =D )

I told my hubs about the need. We took it to the Lord and will continue asking God to show Himself mighty on your area's behalf.

• Members
4 hours ago, WellWithMySoul said:

Have you had rain yet, N.N.?  Out here in Calif., we had about 3 years of drought...so we understand your need for rain.  Isn't it wonderful that our God knows just what you  have need of? I pray that in His time that the Lord will send clouds full of moisture to wet the thirst of the land...and in the meantime, that you will be showered with many spiritual blessings!

God bless you for that encouraging post! No, it hasn't rained yet, but all is well for the time being...we continue to hope and pray.

• Administrators

I wish I could send you some of our rain NN. It is getting old now. We have had two weeks of rain with only a one day break in between.

We in Northern California have drought conditions in summer. All the grassy hillsides turn brown, but winter is our rainy season, looks like we get an early start on it this year. We even have snow on the mountain behind our house.

NN, I just noticed that you said in an earlier post that you were in Georgia. Our pastor is originally from Georgia, some of his family is still there. I don't know just where in Georgia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We are heading towards our summer now (southern hemisphere) and it is unlikely that we will get any more rain until say...... April????

We may some storm rain, and there may be a few late rain days, but there will not be much rain if it does.

But we are prepared for it, for that is normal here. For places that are not they very quickly find themselves in trouble.

And it is big trouble.

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

We are heading towards our summer now (southern hemisphere) and it is unlikely that we will get any more rain until say...... April????

We may some storm rain, and there may be a few late rain days, but there will not be much rain if it does.

But we are prepared for it, for that is normal here. For places that are not they very quickly find themselves in trouble.

And it is big trouble.

I'll be praying for you and your area Dave.

With the Lord's blessing, the water system that I work for is holding its own. I'm taking several empty jugs to fill with water every 2 - 3 days to fill at work so that we can have drinking water at home.

This makes me realize just a portion of what it will be like during the Tribulation Period when the waters will be poisoned and turned to blood and folks won't have fresh drinking water.

We don't realize how desperate people will be and how readily they'll accept the Mark of the Beast just to survive.