• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Only heretics read this!

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Who? Me? LOL! 

Alas...human curiosity is a dangerous thing at times...

You bunch of heretics!!!

Tee hee...

The emoticons aren't working for me, so consider me ROFL. =D

• Administrators

Speaking of text stuff, I wonder just how many, if any people that write in text talk actually do the things they text at the time they text it.

One "for instance", NN wrote "LOLLOLLOL". Was he really laughing out loud when he wrote it?

I suspect that most, if not all people, use that particular text to mean they are amused, but do not actually laugh out loud.

I know, I'm old. And not really :)

• Members
4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Speaking of text stuff, I wonder just how many, if any people that write in text talk actually do the things they text at the time they text it.

One "for instance", NN wrote "LOLLOLLOL". Was he really laughing out loud when he wrote it?

I suspect that most, if not all people, use that particular text to mean they are amused, but do not actually laugh out loud.

I know, I'm old. And not really :)

Though I personally don't like "text-talk", it does enable the one talking to convey their meaning behind what they are saying. Unfortunately, since our emoticons (here on the forum) are no longer working, I feel that I must resort to drastic measures in order to convey my intentions in what I've said so that others don't misinterpret what I"m saying.

So yes...in order to show the reader that I'm "kidding", I use the "LOL" text-talk so that they don't get the wrong idea from what I'm trying to say.

I don't like it, but I guess I'm just a compromiser. LOLOLOL!

• Administrators

LOL is often used to show that I'm joking, as NN said. Usually when I do actually laugh out loud, I say that I'm literally LOLing. When I say I'm  ROFL, obviously at 56 years old I'm not literally rolling on the floor. I am, however, laughing more than just out loud. I also use "heh" when I'm joking or when I'm just chuckling a bit.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

It looks like I inadvertently dragged NN's thread off topic. My apologies NN, bad form for a moderator.

No sir...not at all. It was just a silly topic with no intended direction. 

I will say though...I had dual intentions with the topic.

1. Just to be silly and hopefully bring a smile to someone's face.

2. On a more serious side, as I mentioned earlier...our curiosity in things can often lead to trouble. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I figger I'm the closest thing here to a heretic, so I thought it was a personal message for me.

I have an excuse for being here! 

:D

Now that is really funny. Thanks for the chance to smile GP.