• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The feasts of the Lord vs the feasts of the Jews.

• Members

Besides the feasts of the Lord there are also the feasts that were feasted according to the tradition of the elders in Judea.

For example, “the feast of the dedication” (John. 10:22); there is no such feast in the Law of Moses. The Lord said to the Jews: “Did not Moses giue you the Law, and yet none of you keepeth the Law? “ (John.7:19) “For had ye beleeued Moses, ye would haue beleeued me: for he wrote of me”. (John. 5:46)

The “Iewes Passeouer”(John.11:55) -- “þe feast of vnleuened bread”(Luke22:1)(15 Nisan) -- “a feast of the Iewes” (John.6:4), “the feast of the dedication” (John 10: 22) and “Easter” (Acts.12:4) are no “the feasts of the Lord” (Lev.23:37)

The feasts of the Lord testify about Jesus Christ. The feasts which were "born" apocryphal books, testify about “another Iesus” (2Kor.11:4) and “another Gospel”;

“your appointed Feasts my soule hateth” (Is.1:14)

• Moderators
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:23 AM, Konstantin said:

Besides the feasts of the Lord there are also the feasts that were feasted according to the tradition of the elders in Judea.

For example, “the feast of the dedication” (John. 10:22); there is no such feast in the Law of Moses. The Lord said to the Jews: “Did not Moses giue you the Law, and yet none of you keepeth the Law? “ (John.7:19) “For had ye beleeued Moses, ye would haue beleeued me: for he wrote of me”. (John. 5:46)

The “Iewes Passeouer”(John.11:55) -- “þe feast of vnleuened bread”(Luke22:1)(15 Nisan) -- “a feast of the Iewes” (John.6:4), “the feast of the dedication” (John 10: 22) and “Easter” (Acts.12:4) are no “the feasts of the Lord” (Lev.23:37)

The feasts of the Lord testify about Jesus Christ. The feasts which were "born" apocryphal books, testify about “another Iesus” (2Kor.11:4) and “another Gospel”;

Wait, you're saying that the Passover, (Pesach) and the feast of unleavened bread AREN'T of the Lord? Then what did the Lord give them to follow for all their generation in Ex 12?

• Members
On 9/30/2016 at 6:23 AM, Konstantin said:

Uh...sorry there fella, but the Apocrypha does not originate these as some occurred during the return from Babylon of a small percentage of Judah and Benjamin and some Levites - in the books of Nehemiah and Ezra - and during Esthers book.

Any Apocryphal references where these occur? I have read them more than once and cannot see where you get this.

Edited by Genevanpreacher