• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Godly Responses

Go to solution Solved by No Nicolaitans,

• Members

What are some possible Godly responses for when a child of God is doing all they can to walk pleasing to the Lord, but is the "object" of bitterness from another believer?  When offenses have been scripturally dealt with yet bitterness remains, what would then glorify the Lord through the situation?

• Members
  • Solution

I don't have time to respond properly, but a couple of things immediately came to mind when I read your post.

It's obvious that the fault lies with the one harboring bitterness. The "why" doesn't matter (as far as I know). What matters is that the one who is the object of bitterness should continue to be an example of Christ regardless of how others perceive them.

A few verses popped into my head...

1 Peter 2:12
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Titus 2:7-8
7   In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8   Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

I know that may not specifically answer your question as to what are some godly responses; however, it's always right and wise to just continue doing what is right and living godly...and to do so in a spirit of love and not condemnation towards others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you N.N., for your response to my question.  It was truly a very good response with applicable scripture that is encouraging to those experiencing similar situations.  Indeed, it was very encouraging to me as I have personally experienced such on more than one occasion.  The Lord has taught me and has helped me to understand how very important it is on my part to continue to be forgiving towards one who is embittered, and when in that one's company...to be kind, gracious, and loving regardless of the reaction.  It can be difficult to follow through at times, but it is helpful to remember the countless times our precious Lord Jesus Christ had...and continues to have...rejection and bitterness directed at Him.  Through these experiences the Lord has enlarged my heart with better understanding of His vast unchanging love, and He is the perfect ensample of how to respond to others who are harboring unsavory feelings towards me.

Edited by WellWithMySoul