• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Home Missons

• Moderators

Thanks, Brother. yes, you've been here, and while I wasn't able to give you the grand tour, (lol), you have seen the fun we get to deal with. But it is all good-I'm not cut out of the right cloth to pastor a big church-I'm a little weird, so the Lord made me pastor of the weird, and it is a good fit.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

As someone who has had works on the foreign mission field, pastored here in the US and am currently headed to a "home missions" ministry, I believe each incident has to be approached independently. I was supported when I served in PNG,as  it was illegal for me to work and I was in the remote jungle. When the churches there were handed over to local pastors and I returned stateside, I had to get a job when I took the pastorate of a tiny church in the rural south. I am now getting ready to head to New Mexico to the Navajo Reservation to take over a work in the remote middle-of-no-where that has been without a pastor/missionary for almost 3 years. There is no work / town / employment within 60 miles and only about 9 remaining members, and thus I am once again being supported by some like-minded local churches. My particular mission has always seemed to fall toward helping struggling, hurting works recuperate, and that sort of work never lends itself to landing in a comfortable, salaried position. I work where I can, and trust God always. A "missionary" is a "sent one", and some of us get sent to all kinds of places, including home.