• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Newly Mandated Campaign/Media Music &c.

• Members

I have decided to make it illegal for any political campaign, politician or news media outlet or event to use any music other than the following:

Also, I believe that I am officially done with anything political.  No more news, no more voting, no more political conversations.  I will not vote for a lesser of two evils any longer.  I will not cast my vote for either a godless, unrepentant, megalomaniacal buffoon who publicly admits to being sexually attracted to his own daughter, can't tell the truth about a single thing and doesn't believe he has any reason to ask God's forgiveness or a godless, unrepentant, megalomaniacal witch who supports slaughtering children, is married to a sexual pervert/rapist and cannot tell the truth about a single thing.  

Out of 300 million people, the citizens of the United Sates have chosen Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.  I believe that I am being asked to choose between having our childrens' throats cut or having their necks snapped.  I pledge my allegiance to one Kingdom and that is the Kingdom of Heaven.  I will cast my vote for only one leader and that is Jesus Christ.  

There are no longer any serious and/or reliable news sources; they're all manipulative spinners and are turning in on themselves and eating themselves alive.  The same goes for everyone in our nation's leadership positions.  They are all corrupt and It's all finger pointing and name calling and none of them has any interest in either secular truth or Godly truth.  A few of them sprinkle themselves with Christian flavoring every once in awhile, but it's all manipulative self marketing and I am fed to the teeth with it.

My country is gone and I will no longer ask God to bless America.  I will not ask God to bless a country that glorifies the slaughtering of children, glorifies Sodomites and legalizes Sodomite unions, or supports mutilating the bodies of children who want to be another gender.  I will not support a country whose military will now require "Transgender Education" classes, whose public schools vilify God and glorify Atheism.  A country that calls evil good and good evil and who will so defiantly spit in the face of the Almighty God is a country that I no longer recognize as my own.

America was once great because it did its best to glorify God and needed and sought His guidance.  We were a hot rod with a constant supply of gas from God.  Now that we no longer seek His guidance, we are a jalopy whose supply of gasoline has been cut off and whatever was once great about us is whatever is left in the tank.  It's just a little while longer until the tank runs dry.

My sole focus now is on spreading the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and trying to save as many souls as possible while there's still time to do so.  Without the salvation of Christ, I am a worthless mass of filth whose only ability is to sin against God and to be worthy of Hell.   I want to spend the rest of my life trying to convince as many people as possible that they are in the same position and that they, too, can receive the glorious gift of grace and salvation.

This is all my opinion and my choice.  

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Administrators

Bro. Stafford, while I can somewhat sympathize with your sentiments concerning the spiritual and social conditions in America today, I personally don't think that withdrawing from all involvement in how our country is run is in the best interest of the cause of Christ or Christians.

We need only look as far as National Israel in the past to see a nation of corrupt leadership, given over to the worship of false religion. 
And still we read these words concerning Israel: " Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:"

I would remind you also that revival is possible, look at the great revivals of the past, these should be an encouragement for Christians today. But only if God's people don't give up, throw up their hands and proclaim, "what's the use?" God knows the conditions that exist in America today and He knew that these conditions would come to pass in the latter days. Yet still he has used America for His purposes through being the one nation that has done more for the cause of Christ than any other.

There is no other nation has been privileged to have been founded on Godly principles by Godly men, and then gone on to carry the Gospel to a lost and dying world. God does not call us the withdraw from society, but instead to  be the salt, or the remedy for the evils of the day.
 Mt 5:13  Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 
 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 
 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 
 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

We are conversely called to be encouraged and an encouragement to others. In spite of all her faults, America is still the bastion of religious freedom that God formed her to be. And America can be great again, not just socially and politically, but spiritually also.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 
 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Brother, as I sit and write this morning it is not with a spirit of contention, but rather with a spirit of encouragement. In this world of turmoil, strife and confusion, God's Word and purposes remain a stabilizing force.

1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 
 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 
 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 
 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

• Members

My sentiments exactly Brother Stafford.  I was a political junkie for many years until about 2011 and then put my time and effort on things on high at the leading of the Holy Spirit.  Those are things that bear fruit, not watching the news or radio talking heads every day and night.  None of them care for the things of God, and that's the folks on our side!

BUT!  Like Brother Jim explains, we must occupy until he comes.  We should support our leaders when they honor God and call them out on it when they sin against God.  We should pray for them continually.  I've prayed for President Obama's salvation since he became President; sadly the devil is in total control of that fellow, I doubt he's ever heard a biblical gospel presentation as he's always surrounded by communists and muhammadens.

Trump hasn't a clue about the things of God but he does love this country and doesn't want to turn it into a communist state for the globalists to continue sucking dry.  I believe you too are correct in not voting for such a man who is an enemy to God but you can pray for him to honor God through his deeds and pray for his salvation.

In such a short time we have become a remnant in this once great nation.  As in the days before the flood, it seems America's citizens' thoughts are only evil continually.

Since Obama's election, I have not been able to bring myself to fly the stars and stripes at my home anymore.  We've flown our state flag and George Washington's Cruiser's flag mostly and rarely the older national ensigns before they had fifty stars.