• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Lords Passeouer and the Jewes Passeouer.

• Members

Scripture says that the Jews called Feast of Unleavened Bread as the Passover (Now þe feast of vnleuened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passeouer(Luk.22:1)(KJV).

They feasted the Passover ”according to the tradition of the Elders”(Mark.7:5), on Nisan 15. 

Scripture calls such Passover as “the Jewes Passeouer”(John.11:55).

The Lords Passeouer was feasted in “the fourteenth day”( Lev.23:5)

what do you think about it?

Edited by Konstantin

• Members
14 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Scripture says that the Jews called Feast of Unleavened Bread as the Passover (Now þe feast of vnleuened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passeouer(Luk.22:1)(KJV).

They feasted the Passover ”according to the tradition of the Elders”(Mark.7:5), on Nisan 15. 

9 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Not sure what you're going for here. I DO wonder why you feel the need to use the 1611 style of spelling, but I guess that's between you and the Lord

I use text AV1611, because it's convenient. There is no need to check the differences in the texts of AV1611 and Edition (1769)

For example, the first verse Ps.45 has different:

To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim, for the sonnes of Korah, Maschil: a song of loues. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speake of the things which I haue made, touching the King: my tongue is the penne of a ready writer. (AV1611)

1 To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. (1769)

AV1611 shows “King Of Kings” (Rev.19:16), but Edition (1769) indicates a simple king. The verse Edition (1769) is wrong.

• Members
14 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Luke 22:1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

Mark 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

John 11:55 And the Jews' passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves.

Leviticus 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

I think the New Testament agrees with the Old Testament. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Konstantin said:

The Jews crucified Jesus Christ “Not on the feast day”(Mark.14:2).

Their feast was the 15th of Nisan.

The Jews crucified Jesus Christ the 14th on Nisan.

It “is the Lords Passeouer” (Lev.23:5)

Was the lamb killed two days before the feast?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Konstantin said:

The Jews crucified Jesus Christ “Not on the feast day”(Mark.14:2).

Their feast was the 15th of Nisan.

The Jews crucified Jesus Christ the 14th on Nisan.

It “is the Lords Passeouer” (Lev.23:5)

It doesn't say it wasn't on the feast day, just that that was their plan. Otherwise everything else we see is incorrect, since Jesus and His disciples clearly held the Passover meal, at even at the beginning of Passover, and Jesus died before the first day of unleavened bread, which was also a high sabbath, so he could be buried before it began. So that they didn't plan to do it on the feast day doesn't mean they didn't DO it on the feast day. And notice, they did it AFTER the time of the Passover meal, under cover of darkness, hidden, as it were.

• Members
On 14.09.2016 at 11:52 PM, Ukulelemike said:

It doesn't say it wasn't on the feast day, just that that was their plan. Otherwise everything else we see is incorrect, since Jesus and His disciples clearly held the Passover meal, at even at the beginning of Passover, and Jesus died before the first day of unleavened bread, which was also a high sabbath, so he could be buried before it began. So that they didn't plan to do it on the feast day doesn't mean they didn't DO it on the feast day. And notice, they did it AFTER the time of the Passover meal, under cover of darkness, hidden, as it were.

What they did under cover of darkness, hidden?

• Moderators
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:00 PM, Konstantin said:

What they did under cover of darkness, hidden?

The arrest of Jesus was done under cover of darkness. Do you think it was the middle of the day when they arrested Him in the garden? The Passover meal took place about 6pm, the beginning of the Passover day-the meal takes a couple hours, between the actual meal and the symbolic aspects, which they are already doing then. Afterwards they sang a hymn and went out, and it was already nighttime. John 13:30 says that when Judas had received the sop, he went out and 'it was night'. Then they went to the Mount of Olives where Jesus prayed and the others slept-why? Middle of the night! Jesus was arrested in the middle of the night. Thereby avoiding interrupting the feast, and avoiding the crowds who might disapprove.