• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Two Dear Ladies

• Members

I'm praising the Lord with awe and thanksgiving for responding so swifty to two specific prayers that I had prayed in the last three days.  However, I'd like to request  more prayer for two very dear and precious ladies that the Lord so wonderfully has put in my path to share God's love with.  Both ladies are in their early 70's...one goes to church (EV Free), and one got very soured as a child by an uncle who was a "baptist" preacher (sigh).  I shared the Gospel with one of the ladies (in writing) several years ago, and the Lord led me to share my  printed testimony (as posted here in OLB) with the other lady just a couple of months ago.  On Wednesday as I drove to the place that I do volunteer work, I prayed very specifically for the gal that works there and who was soured by her uncle.  Within just a few minutes of my arrival, this gal started sharing some personal things with me with tears.  She shared for probably over an hour.  I wasn't able to really respond to her other than to listen with compassion.  Then yesterday knowing that we were going to a certain restaurant that night, I prayed specifically for the other lady who is the owner of it (the one who goes to church).  Well...I'm still amazed, because as my husband played music with the ole-timers acoustic group...and I happened to be sitting alone, this gal came over and just started sharing personal things with me...with tears!  Wow!  What a privilege and blessing, but also awesome opportunities that the Lord granted me in response to my specific "that-day" prayers.  I desperately need wisdom and God's leading and help to give me all "utterance" to further share with both ladies in His timing...and that their hearts are being softened to see their need for the Saviour.  The one gal that goes to church...may be saved...but I don't know for sure (sad to say, it's difficult to tell what she's getting out of the EV Free church).  At any rate, the Lord is working and prayers for these ladies are pertinent!