• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

?How Much Do You Have To Hate Someone Not To Proselytize??

• Members

I thought this was pretty interesting Below the video I have posted the newsletter where I seen the video
[tube]7JHS8adO3hM[/tube]

There are just so many interesting points to his video. Did you catch that the guy who witnessed to him wasn?t at the show that night? That means he went home after a show, and was burdened for Penn?s soul. He got a Gideon?s Bible and wrote some information in it, and returned to the theatre another time to talk with Penn. That spoke volumes to this lost person. It showed that this man cared.

You have to remember that Penn is not just some atheist. He continually dogs out God, Jesus, the Bible, etc. in his routines. I read that he has a license plate which says, ?DOG ON? which is ?No God? backwards. He has a hatred for God that is very deep-seated. Did you notice how Mr. Jillette kept mentioning how good this guy was? How polite, honest, and sane this man was? Did you notice when he said that he knew this man cared about him?

Matthew 5:44 says,

?But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.?
Colossians 1:10 states,

?That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;?
Do you see that how we encounter people is so important when we witness to them? It is the whole package. The words we use, how we speak, non verbal communication, etc. Lost people are checking us out. How we encounter them speaks volumes to them.

Did you see Penn?s face as he was talking about this man? You might want to watch the video again. You can see it in his eyes and facial expressions: this conversation made a deep, deep impact on him. This man spoke words of life to him, and demonstrated how a man of God should act.

I have written a new talk that is called ?We Are Here for Two Reasons.? And those two reasons are: To make Him well known, and To make Him look good. That is exactly what this man did in his witnessing encounter.

Some of us when we witness might have jumped on the fact that Penn didn?t even know Psalms wasn?t in the New Testament even though he has had some pretty hateful things to say about the Bible. That is truly a non-issue. His soul is much more important than his Biblical knowledge. He is lost. He needs truth. It is our job to give it to him. People don?t get the gospel by osmosis. We are supposed to tell them.

This gentleman, or should we say gentle man, looked him right in the eye and was not defensive. He didn?t need to be. He is a defender of truth. He knows Jesus Christ is Lord, and the Holy Spirit guides him into all truth. We need to look people in the eyes, and speak the truth in love into people?s lives.

I really think Penn knows there is a God. The thing you can be sure of is that sin doesn?t satisfy. All the money in the world will still leave you with some lonely nights as you lay on your bed.

Would you please pray for Penn? Would you please witness to an atheist or any lost person sometime soon? Would you please stop worrying about if they look really tough on the outside? Because God might have already softened their heart on the inside.

Matthew 4:19 says,

?And He saith unto them, ?Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.??
Mark 16:15 states,

?And He saith unto them, ?Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.??
Many of you have read my books or listened to the messages I have given on reaching the lost. If you won?t listen to me to get out there and tell the whole world about Jesus, and if you won?t listen to Jesus, would you at least listen to an atheist who says, ?How much do you have to hate somebody not to proselytize??
Until the nets are full, Mark Cahill www.markcahill.org

• Members

Good post.

I find that no one; and I mean no one has an argument or defense for the Lord Jesus Christ. They may reference churches, Christians, hypocrites, etc. for their reason as to why they are mad at God, don't believe in God or what have you......but the character and testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ they can never counter.

• Members

Thank you for that bible sender. It was very interesting. Feeling a bit weary of late having tried to witness to my family and having it thrown back in my face time and time again. I needed this reminder. I can remember once a couple of years ago in a cafe I saw a guy whom I should have given a track to. I was going to and then looked down and saw a tattoo of a Grim reaper on his leg and got scared. I left the track on the table I was sitting at hoping he would sit there but to this day I know I let the Lord down and still pray for that man from time to time. Knowing even the slightest bit of hell should propel us towards the unsave in spreading the gospel, It is more than a shame that I fail in this service to Christ.

Bless you

Blossom