• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Adam and Eve Question

• Moderators

Been gone a while, a lot of family things going on, a quick trip across country, and so forth, but I'm back and at my usual serious position.

Here's a question for discussion that is, to me, a lighthearted question, though it can evoke some interesting thought, and yet it is a question which the disagreement on has split churches:

Did Adam and Eve have bellybutons?

• Moderators

Ok, I'll bite... :lol:

Well, the belly button itself is scar tissue, so it's unlikely they would have had those scars, unless God removed Adam's rib through the naval area (hey, surgeons today will perform abdominal surgery via that area in order to prevent additional scarring!). On the other hand, there is apparently some possibility that the internal vessels originally connected to the umbilical cord do not entirely 'dry up' after birth, but shrink and change function. If so, A&E would need those vessels. Also, some people nowadays do not even have a belly button - whether because of complications during fetal development or because their naval scar actually healed completely!

Either way, even if A&E did not have actual belly buttons, they definitely carried the genes that would result in their kids having one! :lol: 

• Members

Well, the Belly button is the mark that is left when God pokes a baby in the belly and says "Your done!"

I know Adam and Eve were not born as babies, but I still reckon God looked at them when He finished them, and started the tradition of the "your done" poke - after all, He was pretty happy with His work.

:lol:

• Members
16 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Been gone a while, a lot of family things going on, a quick trip across country, and so forth, but I'm back and at my usual serious position.

Here's a question for discussion that is, to me, a lighthearted question, though it can evoke some interesting thought, and yet it is a question which the disagreement on has split churches:

Did Adam and Eve have bellybutons?

No

Next question please

• Moderators
1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

For $19.95 you too can get this all important question answered and we'll even include this vial of water from Jesus' cup and a piece of the washcloth he used to clean the apostle's feet, but only if you call in the next sixty seconds...

But did He use it to wash His Bellybutton?

• Moderators

Growing up, my wife always heard that you shouldn't play with your bellybutton because if you unscrewed it your behind would fall off. With that in mind, if Adam had a bellybutton then you know that Eve (who couldn't keep away from the only fruit they were to leave alone) would have unscrewed that thing. Wouldn't that have left us looking funny.

• Moderators
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:22 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

What's even more mysterious is that Job apparently didn't have one either! 

*[[Job 32:19]] KJV* Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles.

:nuts:

Maybe that's reaching a little? :hide:

Sounds like how I feel after eating Taco Bell, and find myself around polite company.

• 2 weeks later...