• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Important! Live poll on MSNBC

• Members

NBC is taking a LIVE poll on "In God We Trust"

When I voted it was 52to 48 to remove it AD, we must win this one.

Here's your chance to let the media know where the people stand on our
faith in God, as a nation. NBC is taking a poll on whether or not "In God We
Trust" should stay on our American currency. Please send this to every
Christian you know so they can vote on this important subject. Please do it
right
away, before NBC takes this off the web page.

Poll is still open so you can vote. After you click on it... click
again.... for poll site.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

• Members

Thanks for the heads up. I voted to keep it on.

Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 446048 responses
Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state. 51% (227484)
No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion. 49% (218563)

That's only a difference of 8921 between the two.............I'm thinking we have a statistical chance if you and I both have 4500 people on our emailing lists that we can get to vote "NO".....

It doesn't matter anyway. Neither America's people as a whole nor our government in particular trust in God in the least. If it stays it is just a nice, but untrue statement, if it leaves it will just show that people wish to make their money read more in line with their hearts.

• Members

Yes, I know, they kicked God out of school, but they're trying real hard to kick Him out of America, I shall give just a bit of resistance while there is still life left in this body.

I sent to all I could, but I surely did not have that many in my address book.

• Members

For everyone who voted in the Live Poll on MSNBC the final vote last night was.

49% voted to take In God We Trust off our money
51% voted to keep In God We Trust on our money

Thanks be that we come out on top, but that is a very close margin, perhaps many Christians do not watch MSNBC and knew nothing about it taking place last night. The only reason I was aware of it a friend from Central Arkansas sent me an email telling me that was taking place last night. As soon as I clicked on it I headed over here to try and get some of you to vote in it, because we the atheist were in the lead at that time.

To view the final results of last nights poll click on this link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Kevin, I refuse to argue with you on this one, if you can't see that the poll on MSNBC took place last night I can't help you.

Maybe some of those who voted in this poll can help you.

• Members

Well, I just voted on it, so I don't think it's too final. To me it looks like an old poll also. Either way though my thoughts (not that anyone asked) are along the same vein as Seth's.

I would just go a bit further and say, I think it would be refreshingly honest if we put "In the Fed we trust." or "In Visa we trust". Nifty mottos on coins fit right in with this verse to me:

Matthew 15:8 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

• Members

I just voted and it was back to 52 - 48 to keep In God We Trust.

This guy in CA has been challenging this stuff forever. He is the same guy who is against the cross on Mount Soledad in San Diego.

As an MSNBC poll I would not expect a poll tally that will be very pro-right. They are pretty liberal with a liberal audience.

• Members

And to think nearly every time they run a poll it comes back with about 80% of Americans believe in a god.

Notice I put a little g on god, for there is no doubt the majority of Americans do not believe in the living God, the Father of Jesus Christ.

But them maybe several who looked at it thought it was an old poll and thought it was worthless to vote in it. Seems at least 2 members of OB thought that,

Even though we came out with a small margin of victory, I'm extermly proud and even surprised at that.