• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

John 9:4 I must worke the workes of him that sent me, while it is day: the night commeth when no man can worke. 1611 King James Version

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. Authorized King James Version

When is the night when no man can work? We know during the last tribulation the 144,000 are working for Jesus, and the 2 witnesses are working for Jesus. 

Even when Jesus was dead he was working on saving the old testament saints. 

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think it was just an illustration. At that time and in general, work ceased at night...so work had to be done during the daylight hours.

Christ had specific work (from God) that needed to be done while he was on earth; therefore, he was stressing the importance of performing that work while the opportunity existed.

• Members
3 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

John 9:4 I must worke the workes of him that sent me, while it is day: the night commeth when no man can worke. 1611 King James Version

John 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. Authorized King James Version

When is the night when no man can work? We know during the last tribulation the 144,000 are working for Jesus, and the 2 witnesses are working for Jesus. 

Even when Jesus was dead he was working on saving the old testament saints. 

Death is the night when we sleep and can no longer work.

• Members
On 8/23/2016 at 7:10 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

I could be wrong, but I think it was just an illustration. At that time and in general, work ceased at night...so work had to be done during the daylight hours.

Christ had specific work (from God) that needed to be done while he was on earth; therefore, he was stressing the importance of performing that work while the opportunity existed.

I think this is the correct understanding

• Members

I have to be off line again for a few days, but I'll be back hopefully next week. 

Do you think Jesus was talking about when the beast is ruling from Israeli? And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; Revelation 16:10?

• Members
On 9/2/2016 at 3:16 PM, MountainChristian said:

I have to be off line again for a few days, but I'll be back hopefully next week. 

Do you think Jesus was talking about when the beast is ruling from Israeli? And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; Revelation 16:10?

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11The sun [and] moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, [and] at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, [even] for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Before Armageddon the sun and moon will stand still over Israel forming a permanent solar eclipse when the sun is scorching men. That is what happens in Revelation 16:10.

• Members
20 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

But the sun and moon didn't stand still long in this chapter (if it is referring to them at all.) for it says they "went" at the "light of thine arrows".

• Members
  • Members
  • Members
  • Members
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

No it won't.

Have you never read -

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up."

In answer to the prophecy -

Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.

For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.

For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning andfuel of fire.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

The section you refer is not a physical sun and moon 'thing'.

• Members
9 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

No it won't.

Have you never read -

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up."

In answer to the prophecy -

Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.

For thou hast broken the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, as in the day of Midian.

For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning andfuel of fire.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

The section you refer is not a physical sun and moon 'thing'.

The darkness before Armageddon is real and it will continue thru the kingdom age. Sorry about the big black letters I don't know how to stop them.

Revelation 16:10

“And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,”

• Members
4 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

The darkness before Armageddon is real and it will continue thru the kingdom age. Sorry about the big black letters I don't know how to stop them.

Revelation 16:10

“And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,”

I understand the lettering issue. No problem.

As for what you state - I have a problem.

The vial is poured upon the seat of the beast here. Not the rest of the world. Just his kingdoms seat of power.

• Members
1 hour ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I understand the lettering issue. No problem.

As for what you state - I have a problem.

The vial is poured upon the seat of the beast here. Not the rest of the world. Just his kingdoms seat of power.

Yes. When the sun stays above Israel the kingdom of antichrist is in darkness in North America.