• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Caddisfly builds a house

• Members

Someone shared this video on facebook and I thought it was interesting. I had not heard of the Caddisfly before, but apparently fly fishermen have! ;)  What I found interesting is that the Caddisfly larvae have the ability to build themselves a protective covering, binding it together with a sticky silk they produce. In the video they call it "evolution". However, when I looked these critters up on wikipedia, they've been found in fossil records that date back over '250 million years ago', with nary a change. My thought is, why did the Caddisfly larvae 'evolve' the ability to secrete sticky silk to bind together debris for protection, rather than 'evolve' a shell like a snail does, or steal an empty shell as the hermit crab does? Why hasn't the Caddisfly evolved any in the 250 million years it's been in existence? Has it reached perfection? We may never know. But isn't evolution wonderful?!   :15huh::umno:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caddisfly

Romans 1:20-21   "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

Edited by Rebecca

• Members

Thank you for the video, and thoughts, on the Caddisfly. Very interesting indeed.

God designed even the littlest of creatures. Compared to the intricate design of the Caddisfly, its web secretions, the ability to design a movable house for protection, the knowledge of man is still in its rudimentary stages.

Your comments on the insertion of, 'evolution,' is very good. The fossil records bear testimony that evolution is false and a deliberate lie in order not to glorify God and His creation.

We appreciate not only the video and comments, but the background on the fossil record. :th_tiphat:

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer