• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Harry Potter Movie Pushed Back to Summer Release

Guest Guest

Slated to come out for this year?s holiday season, Warner Brothers moved the ?Half-Blood Prince? to a summer release.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/18929.html

The Harry Potter trend really is dying... I've noticed how the books aren't really that popular on Amazon.com anymore, and now the movie date for the 6th book is being pushed back till next summer. It was going to be released on the weekend before Thanksgiving... which would've made it a big holiday movie, but now it's going to be released in the middle of summer.

I'm definitely happy to see this trend go... finally!

• Members

Actually...I just read, just now, on Fox News, the real reason its being pushed back...because the Radcliffe dude is going to be in a sensational Broadway play in which he appears naked, and also has sex, on stage. They don't want the two to overlap so as not to mar the "virginal" image he plays on Harry Potter.

So now you know the rest of the story.

Enjoy while I go vomit. :gross:

• Members
Actually...I just read, just now, on Fox News, the real reason its being pushed back...because the Radcliffe dude is going to be in a sensational Broadway play in which he appears naked, and also has sex, on stage. They don't want the two to overlap so as not to mar the "virginal" image he plays on Harry Potter.

Hm, this is the official word:

"Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner Inc., said it had decided to make the change to bolster its release schedule for the lucrative summer movie-going season - a period that can account for as much as 40 per cent of Hollywood's annual box office receipts."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080814/fil ... ypotter_dc

I read that it had something to do with the writer's strike that happened a while back. I'm not sure why it only affected Harry Potter, though. I read that on IMDB.com, but I don't know how accurate it is.

• Members
I read that it had something to do with the writer's strike that happened a while back. I'm not sure why it only affected Harry Potter' date=' though. I read that on IMDB.com, but I don't know how accurate it is.[/quote']
All kinds of stories running around. lol I thought for sure the news website reported them as saying the writer's strike didn't affect them. Oh well. :frog

• Members

The play is called "Equus". It is about a guy who has a sexual fascination with horses. :gross: :gross: