• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

10 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I have come to agree with that assessment, but what concerns me now is the situation developing in the State of Virginia: why has President Trump not weighed in on this? Or at least made a statement about it?

I am not sure why and it is a serious matter.

But, I will give two thoughts. A year or two ago, I read a well thought out article on why Trump has not pared down the debt of the U. S. that may, or may not, have a bearing on the Virginia situation. I forgot where I read the article. Maybe it was on, "The New American." The New American has a lot of good, well-written, articles concerning globalism, conservatism, laws, the agenda of the left leaning liberals, etc... Here is the link to The New American. https://www.thenewamerican.com/

1. Trump has a history of tackling one major item at a time. Trump knows that the debt is unrealistic and harmful to America. He also realized that in order to pare down the debt he would have to do some major, and I mean major, cutting of a lot, not just some, of the social programs in the U.S. At that time Trump stated that in his second term he would tackle the debt program.

2. Everything, or at least almost every thing, every decision, every cost-cutting item, every immigrant situation, the "wall," etc... has been bitterly fought against by both the Democrats and the liberal Republicans. And, almost every decision that Trump has made has been contested in the courts.

At the time of the article that I read that until Trump has two more things in his favour he would not seriously cut down the debt. Here are the two items.

1. He had to have a majority in the Supreme Court and more conservatives in the lower courts.

2. He needed a majority in both the House and the Senate.

In the article it was mentioned that in his second term he would be able to do more to help undo the mess our country is in.

I do keep abreast of the news in China (Communist), Taiwan (Free China), and Hong Kong.

President Trump, many times, in order to assure the world that the United States is a free Republic (Democratic), has stood up to the communist leaders. President Trumps actions, not just words, is good for America and our ideals that our Founding Fathers set forth in the Constitution.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/print-magazine/item/34946-hong-kongers-heroic-fight

In the article is the following quote, "President Donald Trump is the first occupant of the White House since the communists came to power in China in 1949 to reverse the suicidal policies of the United States vis-à-vis China. Having already hit the Beijing regime with tariffs and put them on notice that the United States would not continue ignoring their closed markets, huge subsidies to Chinese corporate “champions,” and violations of intellectual property rights, President Trump also signaled that he wouldn’t follow the Bush example of looking the other way if China chose to send the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into the streets of Hong Kong as it did at Tiananmen 30 years ago."

In my understanding, President Trump, and his stand against the communists, is good for America and the freedom that we enjoy.

Edited by Alan
grammar