• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Saints to Armageddon

• Members
14 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

The blood will be to the neck of the horses so I believe the swords will cut the heads to the base of the necks of the army of the antichrist as it says in Habakkuk 3:10-13.

Habakkuk 3:13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

the head out of the house of the wicked     or       the head of the body

How was he wounded? "by discovering the foundation unto the neck"

Does by discovering mean decapitation? "  by discovering  h6168   עָרָה `arah"

The KJV translates Strongs H6168 in the following manner: uncover (3x),discover (3x), emptied (2x), rase (2x), leave destitute (1x), make naked (1x),poured out (1x), poured (1x), spreading (1x).

1) Leviticus 20:18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered H6168 her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

2) Isaiah 3:17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover H6168 their secret parts.

3) Habakkuk 3:13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering H6168 the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

So we see it does not mean decapitation.

• Administrators

Yes, you did say that Eric, but you also said, " That is what I said. Jesus will speak and the saints will kill the army of antichrist. "

This verse that you gave says Jesus will do the killing:  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

This verse also says the same thing:  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Not the saints, but, "him that sat upon the horse, "

Pretty plain wording and it does not allow for conjecture.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Yes, you did say that Eric, but you also said, " That is what I said. Jesus will speak and the saints will kill the army of antichrist. "

This verse that you gave says Jesus will do the killing:  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

This verse also says the same thing:  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Habakkuk 3:11-13 Do you think Jesus will say heads of the army of antichrist split open to the base of the neck?

• Members
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I do believe that "head" (in that verse) is referring to their leader...not the literal head of a body. 

The antichrist and the false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire. It is the head of all the heathen in the battle.

8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Jesus uses us as the weapon of destruction as he used Babylon to destroy Judah.

• Members
On 8/8/2016 at 5:28 AM, Eric Stahl said:

The blood will be to the neck of the horses so I believe the swords will cut the heads to the base of the necks of the army of the antichrist as it says in Habakkuk 3:10-13.

14 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Habakkuk 3:11-13 Do you think Jesus will say heads of the army of antichrist split open to the base of the neck?

6 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

The antichrist and the false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire. It is the head of all the heathen in the battle.

12 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I do believe that "head" (in that verse) is referring to their leader...not the literal head of a body. 

I'm not sure I'm following you. At first, you were using Habakkuk 3:11-13 to show that the armies of the Antichrist will be beheaded. Then you seemed to agree that the "head" is actually indicative of a leader rather than a person's actual head. Have you read the next verse of Habakkuk 3...verse 14? I believe it gives an even clearer meaning as to the word "head" in these verses. They are talking about a leader, not a person's head. It's still  common terminology today. Such as, "The best way to stop your enemy is to cut off its head." Which means to stop, capture, imobilize, or kill their leader.

Still, I agree with MountainChristian...Habakkuk was talking about the Babylonians of history...not the Battle of Armageddon nor the likening of the Babylon of Revelation.

• Members
17 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I'm not sure I'm following you. At first, you were using Habakkuk 3:11-13 to show that the armies of the Antichrist will be beheaded. Then you seemed to agree that the "head" is actually indicative of a leader rather than a person's actual head. Have you read the next verse of Habakkuk 3...verse 14? I believe it gives an even clearer meaning as to the word "head" in these verses. They are talking about a leader, not a person's head. It's still  common terminology today. Such as, "The best way to stop your enemy is to cut off its head." Which means to stop, capture, imobilize, or kill their leader.

Still, I agree with MountainChristian...Habakkuk was talking about the Babylonians of history...not the Battle of Armageddon nor the likening of the Babylon of Revelation.

Revelation 14:20

20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand [and] six hundred furlongs.

It will take the blood of the whole army to fill the valley with blood. The antichrist will not be cut.

Amos 9:1, 8 

Cut the sinful kingdom in the head.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
3 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

It is about judging the sinners in Israel and all the sinful nations.

Okay, but I still think the verses that you referenced are speaking only of Israel...and that's not taking into account what is written before these verses in Chapter 8...but I'll leave it alone. Thanks Eric.

Amos 9:1-8 and verses 9-10
1   I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
2   Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:
3   And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:
4   And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
5   And the Lord GOD of hosts is he that toucheth the land, and it shall melt, and all that dwell therein shall mourn: and it shall rise up wholly like a flood; and shall be drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
6   It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.
7   Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
8   Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9   For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10   All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

• Members
3 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Okay, but I still think the verses that you referenced are speaking only of Israel...and that's not taking into account what is written before these verses in Chapter 8...but I'll leave it alone. Thanks Eric.

Amos 9:1-8 and verses 9-10
1   I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
2   Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:
3   And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:
4   And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
5   And the Lord GOD of hosts is he that toucheth the land, and it shall melt, and all that dwell therein shall mourn: and it shall rise up wholly like a flood; and shall be drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.
6   It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.
7   Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
8   Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9   For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10   All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

Notice in verse 1 that all of them will be killed.

Amos 14:8 says except that he would not utterly destroy the house of Jacob.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Notice in verse 1 that all of them will be killed.

Amos 14:8 says except that he would not utterly destroy the house of Jacob.

Well...no...it says the "last" of them will he slay with the sword.  Again, I believe when he says "head" here, he's referring to the leader(s) of Israel...not literal heads on a body, not the nation of Israel as a whole, and not other nations. He's talking about the king of Israel (and others with him who have ruling power). The chapter opens speaking of the Lord commanding to smite the lintel of the door so that the posts shake: and cut "them" in the "head".

The main thrust of Amos is what will happen to the Northern Kingdom of Israel. God said to smite the lintel of the door (of Israel) so that the posts shake: and cut them (the posts) in the head. So, we have the destruction of a building signifying what will happen to the Northern Kingdom of Israel.

1. Smite the lintels so that the posts shake...the building is unstable at this point.
  2. At the top of each post was a chapiter (or head). Cutting the chapiter/head of the post would bring the unstable building down.

So the vision starts by using the key elements of a building and its destruction to describe key people (leaders) in the Kingdom of Israel, their destruction, and the kingdom's destruction. The words "them" and "head" are kind of like anchor words applying to both building elements and the kingdom's leaders, and it ties the two elements together...melding them into one...making the transition from a building to the kingdom's leaders. The Northern Kingdom's "building" became unstable when Assyria attacked and carried away many captive. The building fell after the capture of the king of Israel several years later.

As for Amos 9:8, we must remember that at this place in time, Israel was two separate kingdoms...the Northern Kingdom of Israel, and the Southern Kingdom of Judah. Indeed, the "sinful kingdom" as noted in Amos 9:8 was the Northern Kingdom of Israel, and it was destroyed off the face of the earth. That ruling kingdom of Israel...the Northern Kingdom...was destroyed. However, the house of Jacob hasn't been...