• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What must I do to be saved?

coc333

• Members

I know, but at least they can't prove their point, since it's not found in the Bible. :smile That's the main issue here, finding out who has the more Biblical viewpoint.

Acts 2:37-38, 41, 47; 22:16; Rom 6:3-6; Gal 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21; Mark 16:16; Matt 28:19-20; ....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acts 2:37-38, 41, 47; 22:16; Rom 6:3-6; Gal 3:27; 1 Peter 3:21; Mark 16:16; Matt 28:19-20; ....

You're misapplying Scripture that was written to someone else, coupling it with more Scripture taken out of context, and twisting it to make it say what you want. Like I said before, my husband's blog to this end has been repeatedly been denied exposure here, but if you want to see a complete refutation of your Acts 2 argument, PM me (you or anyone else) and I will send you the link.

• Members

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:18 (KJV)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36 (KJV)

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:15 (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16 (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21 (KJV)

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 10:32-33 (KJV)

No, nothing about baptizing saving a person, so the verse you cling to in order to support being saved by baptizing has to mean something else, either that or the Bible contradicts itself, we know God' Word never contradicts itself.

But its not to late for you. If only you would repent of your sins, confess Jesus as Savior, you could have that wonderful promise that you will never suffer that 2nd death.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 20:12-15 (KJV)

But if you keep on putting your hope in that water baptism, you will find your self standing before the great white throne sometime in the future, them cast into the lake of fire, its you choice.

Notice one more thing about many of these verses, they do offer you security, that once saved, you have eternal life, everlasting life, but its only for those who will depend on only Jesus, that is put 100% of their trust in Jesus. Why not today before its to late.

Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart, want you opne up to Him?

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:20 (KJV)

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17 (KJV)

Time is running out, that time Jesus will come for His own is upon us, it can happen at any moment, perhaps today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, but even at that both of us may have already died before that time, for you trusting in that water baptism, its going to be everlasting to late. Oh why not today, whoso ever will God has that wonderful gift he is offering to you at this time, he offers it because of His mercy thru grace by faith in Jesus Christ, not of yourself, not of works, that is there is nothing you can do to get nor earn in, it only comes to you by simply accepting it.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:8-9 (KJV)

• Members

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:18 (KJV)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36 (KJV)

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:15 (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16 (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2:21 (KJV)

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 10:32-33 (KJV)

No, nothing about baptizing saving a person, so the verse you cling to in order to support being saved by baptizing has to mean something else, either that or the Bible contradicts itself, we know God' Word never contradicts itself.

But its not to late for you. If only you would repent of your sins, confess Jesus as Savior, you could have that wonderful promise that you will never suffer that 2nd death.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 20:12-15 (KJV)

But if you keep on putting your hope in that water baptism, you will find your self standing before the great white throne sometime in the future, them cast into the lake of fire, its you choice.

Notice one more thing about many of these verses, they do offer you security, that once saved, you have eternal life, everlasting life, but its only for those who will depend on only Jesus, that is put 100% of their trust in Jesus. Why not today before its to late.

Jesus is knocking at the door of your heart, want you opne up to Him?

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:20 (KJV)

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 22:17 (KJV)

Time is running out, that time Jesus will come for His own is upon us, it can happen at any moment, perhaps today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, but even at that both of us may have already died before that time, for you trusting in that water baptism, its going to be everlasting to late. Oh why not today, whoso ever will God has that wonderful gift he is offering to you at this time, he offers it because of His mercy thru grace by faith in Jesus Christ, not of yourself, not of works, that is there is nothing you can do to get nor earn in, it only comes to you by simply accepting it.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:8-9 (KJV)

1. Eph 2:8-10; Rom 3:26-31
2. Heb 11:6; John 3:16 (Rom 10:17)
3. Acts 2:38; Luke 13:3
4. Matt 10:32-33; Acts 8:37
5. Acts 2:37b-38, 41, 47; 22:16; Rom 6:3-6; Gal 3:27

1. Rev 2:10; 1 Cor 10:12; 1 Peter 5:8

In Christ,

Robert

Because he knows he can't win by actually explaining himself, because his position holds no water. Therefore he sits back and spouts all these references in an attempt to make himself look or feel spiritual and wise.

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

No baptism in there.

• 4 months later...
  • Members
"sirs' date='what must I do to be save? BELIEVE"[/quote']
Should I assume that you are the same person as Jericho? You both make a lot of writing errors in your posts, which distracts from the content.

I think that the attitude that he showed in his request for salvation shows evidence to his repentant heart. God prepared his heart for the receiving of salvation and he had but to be shown the way of faith. A person who's heart is not prepared by God cannot be saved by simple belief in a God or in the "story" of salvation.

There was nothing simple about what Christ had to do for us to be saved!
"Thus saith the Lord","dost thou believe?,.....thy faith hath saved thee"!

Hard for the Lord but simple for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Believing in those verses all mean to put your faith in, to put your trust in. it's more than just knowing that it's true. And in putting your faith in God, repentance is a by-product of it. If there is no repentance, there was no salvation. Man cannot approach God on his own conditions. It is only when God calls that person to salvation that true faith occurs and repentance is a manifest evidence. Faith is not believing as we use believe today.