• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What must I do to be saved?

coc333

• Members
He can't answer it because it would attack his theory. You can't teach baptism being required for salvation without attacking the faith taught in the Bible. The Bible teaches a faith in God alone for salvation and yet if baptism is required then you are forced to have faith in your belief and in your baptism.

Excuse me Keving, but I have answered the question. If you would like to know my answer just review my posts.

In Christ,

Robert

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
it seem that every religion believe in something first. Like they believe baptism saves.. noticed the believe came first for them... yet they don't acknowledge that? What happen if they don't believe in Jesus and baptism? They would never be baptized.

Faith come first. Especially when comes to believing that Jesus saves.

Hello deafnva77,

I agree with you that faith does come before baptism. I have been saying that all alone.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members

I edited my post that I shouldn't have, but faith is all I need.

I do not need to put my faith in the wrong thing.. such as believing that water baptism will save me. Instead, I should put my faith in the Lord himself will save me.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

--If you really believe what you believe, Wouldn't it be sad that if someone believed in the Lord, also believe the Lord expect us to be baptized to be saved, but they died without baptism??? It's like saying.. " if he only been baptized he would been saved, It's a shame too because he truly believe in the Lord" It would be unfair for someone who had faith but died without work salvation.

• Members
I edited my post that I shouldn't have, but faith is all I need.

I do not need to put my faith in the wrong thing.. such as believing that water baptism will save me. Instead, I should put my faith in the Lord himself will save me.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

--If you really believe what you believe, Wouldn't it be sad that if someone believed in the Lord, also believe the Lord expect us to be baptized to be saved, but they died without baptism??? It's like saying.. " if he only been baptized he would been saved, It's a shame too because he truly believe in the Lord" It would be unfair for someone who had faith but died without work salvation.

1. Rom 10:17
2. Heb 11:6; John 3:16
3. Acts 3:19, 2:38; Luke 13:3
4. Matt 10:32-33; Acts 8:37
5 Mark 16:16; Matt 28:19-20; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Rom 6:3-6; Gal 3:27

This individual has come aboard a forum for independent fundamental Baptist's. In this thread has repeatedly tried to spread false teaching on salvation, based upon his rhetoric from the coc doctrine. many has posted enough clear Scriptures to prove beyond even the basic level of common sense that baptism is NOT necessary for salvation. Yet , he still hammers away.

I would ask the Admin. to take a close look at this poster's agenda.

• Members
This individual has come aboard a forum for independent fundamental Baptist's. In this thread has repeatedly tried to spread false teaching on salvation, based upon his rhetoric from the coc doctrine. many has posted enough clear Scriptures to prove beyond even the basic level of common sense that baptism is NOT necessary for salvation. Yet , he still hammers away.

I would ask the Admin. to take a close look at this poster's agenda.

Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38.....

• Members

mar16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

it does not say he that is not baptized is damned. The only thing that damned him is if he does not believe. people who don't obey the Lord when he tells them to get baptized shows they still have a pride issue that caused them to disobey in the first place.

• Members
mar16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

it does not say he that is not baptized is damned. The only thing that damned him is if he does not believe. people who don't obey the Lord when he tells them to get baptized shows they still have a pride issue that caused them to disobey in the first place.

Mark 16:16; Matt 28:19-20; Gal 3:27 etc...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There's nothing about salvation in either of these verses.

• Members
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There's nothing about salvation in either of these verses.

You'll never make the devoted die hard coC believe that.

You'll never make the devoted die hard coC believe that.

I know, but at least they can't prove their point, since it's not found in the Bible. :smile That's the main issue here, finding out who has the more Biblical viewpoint.