• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

No Nicolaitans

GenevanPreacher, do you?

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I don't really know HOW to respond to this, Wretched.

I definitely have NO CONNECTIONS AT ALL with the 'woman' you referenced earlier, and I know NOBODY that are of the types of people you describe, neither do I associate publicly nor privately with such people, (unless they have been people I witnessed to) 

As a lost person, I associated with other lost people and listened to 'lost' music and read 'lost' books.

Since I first believed in Jesus Christ with all my heart, I have never gone back on my dedication to follow Him and His word, as close as a human can. Many people that are related to me, and friends and co-workers as well as fellow believers that I go to church and worship the Lord with, will tell you the same thing - I am a born-again child of the Lord God because of the salvation purchased by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, God in human form, on the cross and out of the tomb, and I met my wife of 28 years, in church, and we for 21 years have brought our children up in the Lord's ways and teachings from the Holy Scriptures, as well as homeschooled them in the proper schoolings the Lord has lead us to do. I met the true gospel about Jesus Christ in 1987, at a little Independent Baptist Church called Green Chapel, pastored by Michael Alan Martin. (Surely you could look him up on Facebook) He can tell you. (although he disagrees with me, vehemently, on my stand on the Geneva Bible.)

My wife would laugh you to scorn btw. So I keep her away. :)

This is the point I am making GP. The Spirit can be quenched when the flesh wants it bad enough. I think you have a personality flaw that makes you HAVE to be a rogue or different than others.no matter what amount of reasonable evidence is given you to not be. It is borderline childishness IMO.

Your unreasonable insistence over a partial Bible

Your offense when called a reformer or a preterist or a calvinite - you insist that you are none of these but talk like all of them.

And now this disturbing insistence that satan was not "the" fallen angel when the Scriptural evidence is unmistakable

I think you have a continuous struggle inside you over these things and that is why you remain on this site because you know deep down that something is wrong with the ways you have been making yourself believe.

I think if you really bought all these ideas you have then you would have never come to this site for one and you surely wouldn't have stayed as long as you have

1 hour ago, wretched said:

This is the point I am making GP. The Spirit can be quenched when the flesh wants it bad enough. I think you have a personality flaw that makes you HAVE to be a rogue or different than others.no matter what amount of reasonable evidence is given you to not be. It is borderline childishness IMO.

Your unreasonable insistence over a partial Bible

Your offense when called a reformer or a preterist or a calvinite - you insist that you are none of these but talk like all of them.

And now this disturbing insistence that satan was not "the" fallen angel when the Scriptural evidence is unmistakable

I think you have a continuous struggle inside you over these things and that is why you remain on this site because you know deep down that something is wrong with the ways you have been making yourself believe.

I think if you really bought all these ideas you have then you would have never come to this site for one and you surely wouldn't have stayed as long as you have

You sound very wise sir, and I thank you for insight from you in many of your posts.

We all feel we are right in various ways, and I see that in you a lot. The Lord has blessed you and your kin I bet.

I mean you no disrespect, since I do respect your opinion, so take this with brotherly love - you have no idea what I have gone through to come to this view.

Since you have 'a form of godliness, but deny the power thereby'.

God has given me a brain to learn, and I have chosen for years to let him teach me from his word what to believe. 

I know everyone else can say the same.

And I accept a man's own convictions.

But to state openly that scriptures that do not SAY what a man says they say - is not led by God's Holy Spirit.

And that does go both ways, I know.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Oh.

You mean like the plain English that says the king of Tyrus was who the Lord told Ezekiel the prophet to speak to?

Let me quote this just so I get it right -

"Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him..."

Yeah, it's plain to see who has a "Total inability to see and understand plain english" in this discussion.

No disrespect meant, just 'throwing back the dirt' to your side of the pen.

Messy, messy, messy...

You simply cannot answer the points of a post can you..............

This is the method of the false teacher - ignore the questions and statements when they become too hard, and attempt to change the subject.

The JW'S, the mormons, at the door both do it, and the calvinist also uses this method.

As do you.

3 hours ago, DaveW said:

You simply cannot answer the points of a post can you..............

This is the method of the false teacher - ignore the questions and statements when they become too hard, and attempt to change the subject.

The JW'S, the mormons, at the door both do it, and the calvinist also uses this method.

As do you.

Once again Dave...it's all about me?

I gave scripture for what I believe.

You gave scripture for what you believe.

Everyone else gave scripture for what they believe.

Discussions have been made.

Opinons have been uttered.

You tire me with your 'witty humor' about me as a person. I answered directly and then you compare me to unbiblical/basically a lost person.

As for this subject on the king of Tyrus being Satan in Ezekiel 28 -

"Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

You all are QUITE the prophets, and it is QUITE the secret - because NOBODY else in the whole Bible mentions this subject in any other form or manner as anything important at all. Usually a prophecy has a beginning and ending. We just 'see' an ending here without even a small bit of a beginning.

I have made plenty of points also that nobody has ever answered either Dave.

Have I accused them or you of being a Mormon or from any such false teaching organization?

No.

Thanks for making this whole thing about me. I would be flattered, but...

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

Nope.

Be careful about misusing his prophets - it didn't work out well for these guys.

2 Chron 36

16  But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy. note

17  Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.

Oh yeah, the verse that GP misapplied to the majority of here (displaying again his disrespect and contemp for many here) is from the book of Amos chapter 3 and vs 7.

You will note of course that Amos was a prophet of the Lord. 

Maybe he didn't include the reference in the hope that people wouldn't look it up and see his misapplication of it??????

5 hours ago, DaveW said:

Oh yeah, the verse that GP misapplied to the majority of here (displaying again his disrespect and contemp for many here) is from the book of Amos chapter 3 and vs 7.

You will note of course that Amos was a prophet of the Lord. 

Maybe he didn't include the reference in the hope that people wouldn't look it up and see his misapplication of it??????

Dave I do not disrespect nor hold contempt toward anyone here on OB.

What you observe to be such, is just me disagreeing with others points of understanding.

It's not like I despise anyone in our conversations.

I despise deception, also called 'it's what we have always believed', and feel an obligation to help do away with the deception.

"I've given why I believe thus (with or without Scripture)"

"Well, I've given why I believe the other (with or without Scripture)"

"But you have not answered my questions concerning these verses"

"Have too, but you've avoided MY questions"

"Have not..."

"................"

"................"

It seems to me as though this thread has gone beyond any useful life and deserves to be committed into the ground of the "locked thread cemetery".

Sooo, if anyone knows of a reason why this thread should not be joined in matrimony to its beloved fifth cousin thread in "lockout land" let him speak now (well, before I get back from work, supper and church -- about 5 hours) or forever hold his peace (dream on, dream on).