• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

GenevanPreacher, do you?

• Members
7 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Sheesh Dave.

Lighten up a bit.

I AM doing this on my phone. And I AM old. Give me a break.

This comes after the way you have constantly accused and berated anyone who dares question you own thoughts on this, in spite of the fact that everyone has quoted the Bible more than you.

You regularly use sarcasm and make false accusations, then complain when you are pressed to support your own personal doctrines with Bible references used properly and in context. 

Lighten up indeed.........

• Members
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, Genevanpreacher said:

But I will emphatically state that I don't believe there ever was an angel named Lucifer, that was perfect, and was the highest angel in God's multitude of angelic hosts, that decided he was suddenly jealous of God and moved a rebellion of the angelic host to try and take over the throne of God.

IMO that is heresy against the word of the living God.

Period.

Fairly strong accusation from someone who desires that we should "lighten up."

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members

About the "king of Tyre" thing; is it possible and Biblical that God would address the Devil while speaking directly to a man?

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Matthew 16:23

I guess so.

• Members
2 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

How do you know he covered God's throne? Is it because cherubs covered the mercy on the ark? Exodus 25:20

Actually, it is because of the joining of two Biblical truths, as follows:

1.  The truth concerning the images of the two "cherubims" covering the mercy seat of the earthly tabernacle-temple.
2.  The truth revealed in Hebrews that the earthly tabernacle-temple and its elements were "a pattern of things in the heavens." (See Hebrews 8:5; 9:8-9; 9:23-24; 10:1)

• Members
4 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

How do you know he covered God's throne? Is it because cherubs covered the mercy on the ark? Exodus 25:20

Whilst this is a legitimate question, it is incidental to the discussion not critical to it.

Can I suggest that it not be pursued vigorously in this thread, but a separate thread be started if Pastor Markle's answer is not deemed sufficient.

• Members

Wow.

After reading through all of this, that's about all I can say.  WOW!

Ok, look, GenevaPreacher, you have berated us up and down for holding to this "concocted" story, yet you have failed - miserably to persuade us otherwise.  You have given us assertions and claims, but have not really addressed the substance of the issue, as your antagonists have, namely DaveW and Pastor Markle.  Yet you continue with your assertions and claims as if no substantial arguments have been made.
I know what it is like to have limited time, having to work overtime, etc.  I get it.  But after all of your bellowing about this subject, you owe us an explanation and dissertation on the subject.  For as much noise as you have made, and with no substantial arguments made from Scripture, despite repeated calls to do so, you have failed miserably to provide any sound exposition of the subject.  

The arguments against you are overwhelming.  Pastor Markle did an excellent job (as always) of carefully expounding the Ezekiel passage.  I would encourage you to do likewise!

10 hours ago, heartstrings said:

About the "king of Tyre" thing; is it possible and Biblical that God would address the Devil while speaking directly to a man?

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Matthew 16:23

I guess so.

Absolutely.  I believe the first part of the chapter is a "dual reference" applicable to both the physical prince of Tyrus, and the devil.  The second part is solely the devil, in my view.

• Members
On 7/28/2016 at 4:55 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

And just where in scripture is this explained Rhonda?

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
Luke 10:18 "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Rev. 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."
Ezekiel 28:13-17
13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."
14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."
15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."
16 "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire."
17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee."

What's the devil doing now? Same thing he's been doing since his fall from heaven (which Jesus Himself said He "beheld beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven"

1 Pet. 5:8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour"

Job 1:6-7
6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them."
7 "And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

On 7/30/2016 at 6:19 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

So I am not conjecturing at all, unless you believe they do with the fallen angels story?

What "STORY" are you referring to??? This "STORY"???

Jude 1:6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

2 Pet 2:4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment"

Rev. 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

On 7/30/2016 at 9:24 AM, Steve Schwenke said:

I would really like it if you could provide Scripture to support each point.

I agree, brother Steve.  "Genievan Preacher" is good at quoting mankind, though. And then claiming we (who quote God's word) are the ones following what we've (supposedly) been taught of mankind.?!?!?! 

Did you know John Bunyun in "Pilgrims Progress" called devils ''all the satans in Hell..."? Interesting wording.

So I wonder: Where is the scripture to support this theory that God (supposedly) created the devil to be evil??? "GP"??? 

Yes. He wasn't 'forced' to be, but his nature was to be evil. Not as confusing as it sounds.

And I also wonder why you feel the need to "look outside the box"??? Why not look inside the Book instead???

On 7/30/2016 at 6:19 AM, Genevanpreacher said:

SO many preach the same teachings that people will not bother to look 'outside the box'

• Administrators

GP,

Snide remarks will not take the place of the Scripture that has been asked for by many on this board.

If you cannot, or will not provide the asked for Scripture that shows your position, then your "man made" arguments are exactly what you accused others of.

Based on Scripture provided by others and lack of the same by you, the only conclusion anyone could come to is that it is indeed your "story" that holds no credibility and is therefore "man made."

• Members
3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

:o can't ya just feel the excitement building?

Gives me goose pimples!

You asked for time.

Time has been given.

Surely time enough.

Time now to give the "study" that you have apparently done,  or give a reason as to why you can't. 

• Members
On 7/28/2016 at 1:13 PM, Genevanpreacher said:

It does if you read the first few verses of Genesis 1 and focus on the light and darkness getting separated by God, with that being the creation of the Angels, with the devils being what the Angels were separated from, making the devils the residue left behind.

Sorry. Had to post and run!

I would be interested in a new topic thread exploring the light and darkness concept as it relates to God and angels, etc. Additionally how the saints will shine as stars, etc. Is it literal or figurative language to describe spiritual truths?, etc. Not sure if discussion of the topic here among GP's "inquisition" would be productive.

Edited by John Young

• Members
On 8/10/2016 at 4:20 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

GP,

Snide remarks will not take the place of the Scripture that has been asked for by many on this board.

If you cannot, or will not provide the asked for Scripture that shows your position, then your "man made" arguments are exactly what you accused others of.

Based on Scripture provided by others and lack of the same by you, the only conclusion anyone could come to is that it is indeed your "story" that holds no credibility and is therefore "man made."

No snide remarks here. And yes, Jim, I know, as everyone has SO generously reminded me of every chance they get, that my 'arguments' are 'man made' - as theirs is.

Just keying in and letting you all know I am still active.

I remember a time a while back when Bro. Scott or Bro. Steve were asked to give a study on a subject, they made a comment that because of time restraints it would be a while before they could post it - and they were very graciously given the time AND understanding.

I have sadly not been treated as such.

Thanks guys.

But just so you all know - I am actively doing my study in my own time and plan to post the results soon as I can.

• Members

You made the time to post a remark such as the one quoted above, with its 'tone' as described by Jim, but could not add to the end of it your final remark at the end of your last post?

You might note that I, and it appears others, had not pursued further until your "excitement building" post.

We WERE giving you time,  but you gave no indication that you were preparing a response, just a childish irrelevant remark with no context.

I look forward to see the results of your study, such as it may be.

• Members
8 hours ago, DaveW said:

You made the time to post a remark such as the one quoted above, with its 'tone' as described by Jim, but could not add to the end of it your final remark at the end of your last post?

You might note that I, and it appears others, had not pursued further until your "excitement building" post.

We WERE giving you time,  but you gave no indication that you were preparing a response, just a childish irrelevant remark with no context.

I look forward to see the results of your study, such as it may be.

Now THAT was a snide remark!