• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Hi,

I'm a newbie in every sense of the word. I was raised atheist but when I hit my teens I felt like I needed to believe in something, even though everyone was telling me it was wrong or stupid. I spent a lot of time reading up on different religions and kept on being pulled back to Christianity. That pull got a lot stronger over the last couple of years and I've even dipped in to reading the Bible a few times, though I've not made it more than about a third of the way through (I'm making more of an effort with it now).

I was finally saved after getting pregnant after a LONG time trying but then lost the babies and my faith around the same time. It's taken me some time but I'm feeling that pull back to Jesus again now and I'm glad to have found this forum.

• Members

Welcome to the fellowship CaitiBloo. :)

Thank you also for letting us know your background a little bit. I am sure as you read the scriptures that God will bless your efforts and faith. :bible:

All of us are looking forward to knowing you better.

May God bless you.

Alan

• Members

Hi CaitiBloo!

Just so you know, I'm the guy you want on your side! Well...maybe not since I weigh 220 lbs. My standing on your side would hurt after a while...

Maybe it's better to say that I'm the guy you want in your corner! Well...maybe not since you don't know me from Adam. You'd probably call the police to come arrest the stranger standing in your corner...

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead. Well...not that I'm literally only a head, I have arms, legs, ...ah...never mind! 

I'm No Nicolaitans. NN for short. Welcome to the forum. :th_tiphat:

• Members
2 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hi CaitiBloo!

Just so you know, I'm the guy you want on your side! Well...maybe not since I weigh 220 lbs. My standing on your side would hurt after a while...

Maybe it's better to say that I'm the guy you want in your corner! Well...maybe not since you don't know me from Adam. You'd probably call the police to come arrest the stranger standing in your corner...

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead. Well...not that I'm literally only a head, I have arms, legs, ...ah...never mind! 

I'm No Nicolaitans. NN for short. Welcome to the forum. :th_tiphat:

What did I tell you about your meds!!!!

• Members

Hi CaitiBloo and welcome!!! Thank you for sharing that you are feeling a pull to know more about Jesus.

I was wondering if anyone has ever shared the gospel with you? 
Just in case you haven't heard, I'd like to!!!

I'd like to explain 3 things, if I may...

#1. What the gospel is
#2. What must we do to accept Christ
#3. Why we must accept Christ

#1 What is the gospel? Paul tells us what the gospel is:
1 Cor. 15:3-4
3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"
4 "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"

So the gospel is that Jesus willingly died, was buried, and resurrected  on the 3rd day.

#2. What must we do to accept Christ?

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Romans 10:9-10
9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

John 11:25-26
25 "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:"
26 "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

So we see that believing on Jesus alone for salvation... in HIS finished work (His death/burial/resurrection) for salvation.

#3. Why we must accept Christ? There is NO other way!

John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Why else? Because we ALL have a sin problem... we have ALL sinned!

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"
1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

But what happens if we do NOT believe on Jesus for salvation?

1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

~~~~~~~

Maybe you've been told you have to "clean up you act" BEFORE you come to Jesus... this is not true!

Luke 5:32 "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Maybe you've been told you have to do "good works" to "earn" your salvation... this also is not true!

Ephesians 2:8-9 
8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
9 "Not of works, lest any man should boast."
    (*See also Romans 11:6, Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:5)

Matter of fact there's absolutely nothing we can do to to "earn" or "work for" our salvation!
God calls all our good works to be like nothing more than filthy rags!!! (Isaiah 64:6)

Once we have believed  upon Jesus alone for salvation we are given so many blessings!
Eternal life (Rom. 5:10, John 3:36, John 14:2-3, 1 John 5:11)
Eternal security (we can never "lose" our salvation)

You also stated you'd been ridiculed about Jesus, people telling you it was "wrong or stupid" to desire to know more about Jesus...
Much of the world sees God that way... they refuse to believe on Jesus for salvation. The Bible even foretold that the world would think it's foolishness!

1 Cor. 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

~~~~~~~

But there is a very real place I must warn you about. It's called hell. It's real and it's eternal also.
We are given 2 choices... believe or not believe... if we choose to not believe we are condemned (to hell).
That may sound fierce to you, but let me explain... we were ALL condemned to hell because we all have sin (as some of the verses above explain)

BUT God made a way to reconcile us to Him... only ONE way... through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
Jesus was the only One who was perfect and sinless. He was the only "payment" for our sin that God would accept.
So you see... instead of thinking of God as cruel for sending unbelievers to hell, we have to realize hell is what we ALL DESERVE for sinning!!!
So instead of cruel, what He has done for us is the most loving gift anyone could ever give!!! He offers us FREE salvation (we can't work for it, we can't earn it)... but we must believe on the only One who can save us. The Lord Jesus Christ. He paid our sin debt for us, but we must believe and accept Him in order to accept His free gift of salvation. When we believe/accept Jesus for salvation, we are no longer condemned to hell, but instead, He washes our sins away and gives us eternal life!

When we believe/accept Jesus for salvation we are "born again".  Not like you were born the first time (in the flesh and water of childbirth), but when you believe/accept Jesus for salvation you are born of the Spirit!
God gives us His Holy Spirit to indwell us the moment we believe/accept Jesus for salvation.

The Holy Spirit helps us with so many things:
#1 Sealed / eternal security (John 6:27, 2 Cor.1:22, Eph. 1:13-14, 4:30)
#2 comfort- (John 14:26)
#3 help to lead and guide us in life/convict us of sin (John 16:8-13) 

~~~~~~~ 

This is a LOT of information... I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you.
Please read it as you can, and Please read (again) John 3:16-18 again, as you consider all these things.

16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

I'm just so happy to share the gospel with you (and anyone willing to hear).
Jesus has given me peace in my heart like no unsaved person can have (Phil. 4:7)
He has removed the spirit of fear as well (2 Tim. 1:7)
I also have the desire to tell as many people as I can about Him and how thankful I am that He paid for my sins so I don't have to go to hell, and I am also thankful for His promise of eternal salvation (Rom.1:16, 10:11)

I want everyone to have this same peace in knowing that when my time on earth is done I will go immediately to heaven!!! (2 Cor.5:8)

If you have any questions or would like to know more (or clarification), please don't hesititate to ask!
So glad you came here looking for answers :)

Ronda