• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What is a "Landmark" Baptist church

• Members

According to Revelation 21:9-10, "the bride, the Lamb's wife" is equivalent to "that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven."  So then, according to Revelation 21:9-27, who all is included in "that great city, the holy Jerusalem," "the bride, the Lamb's wife"?

Furthermore, Hebrews 12:22-24 also speaks concerning "the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem."  So then, according to Hebrews 12:22-24, who all is included in "the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem"?

• Members

Also, some other questions for consideration:

1.  How many passages of Scripture directly speak concerning "the marriage supper of the Lamb"?

2.  What is the actual time period for "the marriage supper of the Lamb"?

3.  According to the context of Revelation 19 itself, who all is included as a part of the Lamb's wife (consider comparing verses 7-8 with verse 14)?

• Members
22 hours ago, DaveW said:

I have no idea about that link or whoever you are talking about.

I asked a simple question with no implied pointof view.

The passage I referenced speaks of the bride and also speaks of "they which are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb".

It indicates that there is a bride and also another group, those called to the marriage.

My question (with no implied point of view on my part) is: who are these two separate groups, the bride, and those called to the marriage?

I do not consider that because they are mentioned separately they are necessarily different.  I think Matt. 22:2-15 would apply here.

• Members
On 16/07/2016 at 0:17 AM, swathdiver said:

Not so.  The Old Testament Saints and John the Baptist are specifically mentioned as being guests at the wedding and they are true believers in Christ.  

Stick with the Scriptures.

I don't disagree with that but that raises an interesting point.  I believe that current futurist teaching is that the OT saints will be raised after the tribulation.