• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Answers in Genesis Noah’s Ark Replica Opens This Week in Kentucky

• Members

Answers in Genesis Noah’s Ark Replica Opens This Week in Kentucky

By Stoyan Zaimov Christian Post The Ark Encounter, the life-sized Noah’s Ark theme-park attraction, held its official ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday in Grant County, Kentucky, ahead of its grand opening on Thursday, July 7th, gathering a crowd of 7,000 to witness the historic event. Ken Ham, president and CEO of Answers in Genesis and […]

The post Answers in Genesis Noah’s Ark Replica Opens This Week in Kentucky appeared first on .

View the full article

• Moderators

I saw from the dimensions that they used the Egyptian cubit to measure it, and not the Hebrew cubit. If the 'ark' found in Turkey, which the Turkish government has officially endorsed as the Ark, is really it, as I understand, it does fit those dimensions, at least length and width, height being difficult to tell since it is collapsed. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

I saw from the dimensions that they used the Egyptian cubit to measure it, and not the Hebrew cubit. If the 'ark' found in Turkey, which the Turkish government has officially endorsed as the Ark, is really it, as I understand, it does fit those dimensions, at least length and width, height being difficult to tell since it is collapsed. 

I don't think we know what the cubit was at the time of Noah.  Deut 3.11 The common cubit.  From that I understand that there was more than one cubit measure. I think it somewhere it also mentions a cubit of the old measure. 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Invicta said:

I don't think we know what the cubit was at the time of Noah.  Deut 3.11 The common cubit.  From that I understand that there was more than one cubit measure. I think it somewhere it also mentions a cubit of the old measure. 

Technically, a cubit is the length from the tip of the longest finger to the end of the elbow, so I guess it would change from person to person, though eventually it was standardized at appx 18". But if, like some suppose, Noah and his sons were much taller, due to a longer lifespan, who knows WHAT their cubit might have been! What is the cubit of someone 7' tall? 8'? What would a cubit have been for Goliath at 9'9"?

• Members

People don't get taller due to longer lifespan.

Reptiles continue to grow throughout their lifespan, but people do not. Most mammals reach a mature size and stop growing at that point.

IF people were taller pre-flood, it would be due to environmental factors such as better nutrition, not long ages.

• Members

I did read a book on the pyramids that said the pyramid cubit was 26 inches, but how he knew, I don't know. It seems different  countries had different measures for the cubit.  Then there were palms and hands, not to mention the inch, or thumb as the French call it. These must have all been fixed measures as in scripture weights were sacrosanct so measures must have been also. Then there is the yard which is said to be from the tip of your nose to the tip of your outstretched finger.  I have seen people measuring material like that.  But the official yard is fixed and if you ever come to London you will find it on a wall in Trafalgar Square.