• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

best tablets

• Members

Depends on your budget and your needs.

I want a tablet that has true GPS capability and must run android, but a separate keyboard is not important. I will get the cheapest I can find, probably some cheap obscure brandĀ for around $250.

My son would get a "surface pro" because he works in a windows environment and hates on screen keyboards. Over here these areĀ more than $1000.

My other son found this great windows based tablet with a separate keyboard for $350, which suits his uni needs perfectly.

It is just not a simple, one answer question.

• Moderators

I bought an RCA from WalMart, a 10" tablet with an attached keyboard that runs Android. It works fine-I mostly use it for my sermons rather than paper notes all over the place, and it can record them as well. Cost about $150. Never had any issues and have had it about 1-1/2 years

• Moderators

I didn't say that, because I have never used the others, so I have no way of gauging the differences. My needs are simple, so a simple pad is all I needed. I am somewhat of an artist, so if I wanted one to do art on, as I have seen advertised some that have a drawing program, I would probably need something much more expensive. As Dave W said, it depends a lot on your needs. I bought another RCA through WalMart that runs on a Windows 10 operating system, for a friend, and he is happy with it as well. It cost about the same as my other RCA.Ā  As for IPad, I have never used any of the Apple products, but I have always heard good things about them-it just isn't compatible with anything else I have. I need to be able to pas thingsĀ between my computer and phone and pad, so and I-Anything would be useless to me. But I'm sure they are very good.

• Members

thank you Mike

Ā 

Dave, I am not on the computer much.. I don't need much from them, just news, weather,, email my message board this one.Ā 

I appreciate all of the help that you all have given me.. I had a kindle fire h d once it worked great. i have friends who have i pads and they swear by them...

• Members

If that's all you need then just about any tab will do the job - I assume you will connect via wifi?

Not all tabs take a phone sim, so they need wifi to connect to.

Something to check for if you want to use it away from home.

Otherwise a cheap one is probably fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just occurred to me that the absolute best tablets you can get are "stone tablets" - from them you can get all the best advice and information you will ever need!

There was an upgrade available some time after the original tablets were made available, and it improved the resolution vastly - you could see some of the things clearly, when previous to that they were sort of like a shadow.

( Heb 10:1Ā  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.) :D