• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

• Members
On 2/21/2018 at 5:39 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Glad we can agree there bro. that Jesus is the root.  However as regards Israel being the tree, let`s have a closer look -

`.....grafted in among them, and with them became partaker of the root and fatness of the Olive tree.` (Rom. 11: 17)

Clearly we see that the Lord is the root and the Olive tree, for Israel and the Body of Christ receive nourishment from Christ. However it does not say we are in Israel.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

The Gentiles are the wild olive tree. Israel is the good olive tree.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

The Gentiles are the wild olive tree. Israel is the good olive tree.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Hi Eric,

I can see your thinking there bro, however it is not correct. See what you quoted -

`...were grafted in among them, with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree.`  (Rom. 11: 17)

If you think that the olive tree is Israel then we are grafted in among Israel and become a partaker of the root (holy) and fatness of Israel. But Israel is not holy and is not able to give us any fatness - Gk. word `piotes` meaning repletion, fullness. Israel is partially blinded (Rom. 11: 10 & 25) Consider also -

`...how much more will these, (Israel) who are the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree.` (Rom. 11: 24)

Clearly the Lord is saying that Israel will be grafted back in again into Christ. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
On 2/27/2018 at 11:33 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

So have we finished talking here?

regards, Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

We need a new subject. We can't convince each other. Is there any part of the tribulation that you are interested in?

• Members
21 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Hi Marilyn,

We need a new subject. We can't convince each other. Is there any part of the tribulation that you are interested in?

Hi Eric,

That is so true and we can leave it to the Lord -

`Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.` (Phi. 3: 15)

As you can see I do love to talk of God`s purposes especially in these end times. So......How about `Who comes with Jesus at the end of the trib.?` Does that interest you?

You can start it or I will if you like.

regards Marilyn.

• Members
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

That is so true and we can leave it to the Lord -

`Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.` (Phi. 3: 15)

As you can see I do love to talk of God`s purposes especially in these end times. So......How about `Who comes with Jesus at the end of the trib.?` Does that interest you?

You can start it or I will if you like.

regards Marilyn.

You can start it. It should be interesting. If you start it more people may join in.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

You can start it. It should be interesting. If you start it more people may join in.

Thanks Eric,

Ok, my first discussion thread. Look forward to your comments and others also.

BTW I am impressed by the graciousness of people on this forum even when they disagree. I have been reading some threads.

regards, Marilyn.

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On 6/25/2016 at 9:07 AM, Eric Stahl said:

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

Zechariah 14:1-5
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

(((At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth)))

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Revelation 12:13-16
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

((When the army of antichrist follows Israel down the valley, the mountain will close and swallow the army as the Red Sea swallowed the army of Eygpt))

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

((When the lamb (Lord) comes to Israel she will flee to the river ford on the Arnon River which is 1/3 of the way south on the Jordan side of the Dead Sea.))

Isaiah 16:1-5
1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.
3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.
4Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

I would differ slightly Eric.... as I reckon we Christians are the ones who flee as Jesus told us to flee, behind our Two Christian Witnesses... but Heres a few, very convincing prophecy scriptures which seem to concur that we FLEE in the EndTimes to ****** and we have the Second Exodus.... we flee in an organized fashion because the AC is after us and has set up the Abomination of Desolations in the holy Place (Mathew 24)

Micah 7:15
Hosea 2:1 & 15
Esdras 15:11
Zechariah 2, 9, 10
Amos 9:11
Joel 2:28-31
Ezekiel 34:13 -25
Jeremiah 23:3,6

Edited by Davidjayjordan

• 5 months later...
  • Members
On 8/13/2018 at 7:32 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

I would differ slightly Eric.... as I reckon we Christians are the ones who flee as Jesus told us to flee, behind our Two Christian Witnesses... but Heres a few, very convincing prophecy scriptures which seem to concur that we FLEE in the EndTimes to ****** and we have the Second Exodus.... we flee in an organized fashion because the AC is after us and has set up the Abomination of Desolations in the holy Place (Mathew 24)

Zechariah 2, 9, 10

By this time all the survivors in Israel will be believers so some saved gentiles may be with them.

• Members

I agree with David.

Esdras is not inspired scripture and to include it among inspired scripture verses is somewhat deceptive. Also, for those who are not familiar with the canon of scripture, they may think that it is inspired by association.

Edited by Alan
deleted an incorrect sentence

• Members
On 8/13/2018 at 7:32 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

Zechariah 2, 9, 10

The two witnesses don't flee. They stay in Jerusalem till their 1260 day ministry is finished.

Revelation 11:7-8

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

• Members

Hello, I  The thought when the antichrist is revealed( or takes his place in the Temple claiming he is God)is this when world war3 breaks out? When is the Antichrist revealed, when he makes the Peace agreement w/ Israel or when he sets in the Temple as God? Or maybe both times, first to those that have understanding(Dan.12:10) & to the Jews when he claims to be God!?

• Members
19 hours ago, Sister Rebecca said:

Hello, I  The thought when the antichrist is revealed( or takes his place in the Temple claiming he is God)is this when world war3 breaks out? When is the Antichrist revealed, when he makes the Peace agreement w/ Israel or when he sets in the Temple as God? Or maybe both times, first to those that have understanding(Dan.12:10) & to the Jews when he claims to be God!?

The last world war starts at Revelation 6:3-17. Revelation 6:1-2 is the Psalm 83 war on Israel by her neighbor countries. Russia intends to attack too but God turns it back.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The Gog-Magog war will be when a coalition of Muslim states asks Russia to arm them & lead them against Israel. This will be after the "beast" brokers some kinda deal which will cause Israel to disarm & become "a land of unwalled villages". (The Muslims will have disarmed also, but the old hatred will still be there.) Given the rapidity with which most modern militaries can now move, they'll be able to move faster in the future & will launch their attack before the beast can react. But GOD will intervene for Israel, as Scripture says.

Preterists believe Jesus' warning to flee Jerusalem was carried out during the Roman sieges of 68-70 AD, but, after Vespasian ended the first siege, it was some eight months before his son Titus returned with a larger army which conquered & sacked Jerusalem & destroyed the temple. People had PLENTY of time to escape Jerusalem between the sieges. They didn't have to flee immediately as Jesus warned, so Jesus was referring to another event that'll occur very shortly after the beast commits the "abomination of desolation".