• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

• Members

Zechariah 14:1-5
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

(((At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth)))

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Revelation 12:13-16
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

((When the army of antichrist follows Israel down the valley, the mountain will close and swallow the army as the Red Sea swallowed the army of Eygpt))

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

((When the lamb (Lord) comes to Israel she will flee to the river ford on the Arnon River which is 1/3 of the way south on the Jordan side of the Dead Sea.))

Isaiah 16:1-5
1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.
3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.
4Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Eze 21:25  And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, 
26  Thus saith the Lord GOD; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high. 
27  I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him. 
28  And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering: 
29  Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end. 
30  Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity. 
31  And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy. 
32  Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it. 

..According to a 2002 study by the Jewish Agency, "the number of Jews in the world is declining at an average of 50,000 per year."

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Isaiah 33:14-20

14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

( the righteous Jews that flee to the River Arnon in Jordan will have water and bread through the last half of the Tribulation (maybe mana as in the wilderness.)

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

18 Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?

19 Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.

20 Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

• Members
On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:07 AM, Eric Stahl said:

(((At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth)))
3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Hi Eric,

I am looking at this statement you have made  -

(At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth.)

I believe it occurs at the end of the tribulation. To me the context tells us that the Lord comes down when He will fight against all those nations that come against Israel and Jerusalem.

`For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; ......` (Zech. 14: 2)

What do you think? Marilyn.

• Members
On 1/31/2018 at 11:05 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

I am looking at this statement you have made  -

(At the middle of the tribulation the Lord will come down to help Israel escape the armies of antichrist which are under the control of the devil who has been cast to the earth.)

I believe it occurs at the end of the tribulation. To me the context tells us that the Lord comes down when He will fight against all those nations that come against Israel and Jerusalem.

`For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; ......` (Zech. 14: 2)

What do you think? Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C

I am honored for your post since you have only a few post.

Revelation 12:12-17

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

(she is Israel and and she will flee to the wilderness for a time (1 year) and times (2 years) and half a time (half a year) or the last half of the tribulation.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Does this make sense?

Also

Revelation 11:1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hi Eric,

You are talking one of my favourite topics (besides the Lord Himself) - His purposes. Yes I agree with scripture there bro. (Of course) However I thought you were saying that the Lord came down to earth personally mid-trib to look after Israel. I agree He does look after them, (how else would they survive) but I do not see any scripture saying He comes down to earth at that time.

Have I misunderstood you, bro?

Marilyn.

• Members
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

You are talking one of my favourite topics (besides the Lord Himself) - His purposes. Yes I agree with scripture there bro. (Of course) However I thought you were saying that the Lord came down to earth personally mid-trib to look after Israel. I agree He does look after them, (how else would they survive) but I do not see any scripture saying He comes down to earth at that time.

Have I misunderstood you, bro?

Marilyn.

Marilyn.

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

Zechariah 14:1-4

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

• Members
3 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn.

When the army of antichrist comes to Jerusalem The Lord will come down on the mount of Olives to split it so Israel can flee to Jordan to the river ford on the Arnon River. (Isaiah 16:1-5) When the army  follows the Jews the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea. (Revelation 12:15-16)

Zechariah 14:1-4

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Hi Eric,

Interesting thought there, however I do not see how you can connect Zech. 14 with Isaiah 16. Zechariah 14 is the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives, (as we both know). So you have to be more specific to identify Isa. 16 and Rev. 12.

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Interesting thought there, however I do not see how you can connect Zech. 14 with Isaiah 16. Zechariah 14 is the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives, (as we both know). So you have to be more specific to identify Isa. 16 and Rev. 12.

regards, Marilyn.

Israel will only flee one time. Revelation 12:15-16 says there will be a time,times and half a time or 3,5 years after Israel flees. Zechariah 14:1-5a are mid tribulation and 14:5b looks forward to the end of the tribulation.

• Members
13 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Israel will only flee one time. Revelation 12:15-16 says there will be a time,times and half a time or 3,5 years after Israel flees. Zechariah 14:1-5a are mid tribulation and 14:5b looks forward to the end of the tribulation.

Hi Eric,

`Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; the city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished. Half the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle. And in that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move towards the north and half of it towards the south.

Then you shall flee through my mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.` (Zech. 14: 1 - 5a)

So looking at the above scripture what shows to you that it is mid-trib? Oh I`ve just re-read your other post. So this is what you said -

I don`t see any connection between Isa 16: 1 - 5. The Lord is the one who deals with the armies of the world, not the mount of Olives. The Lord speaks the word and the flesh of the armies melts from off their bodies.  (Zech. 14: 12 - 15  & Rev. 19: 15)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

`Behold, the day of the Lord is coming, and your spoil will be divided in your midst. For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem; the city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women ravished. Half the city shall go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle. And in that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, from east to west, making a very large valley; half of the mountain shall move towards the north and half of it towards the south.

Then you shall flee through my mountain valley, for the mountain valley shall reach to Azal. Yes, you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.` (Zech. 14: 1 - 5a)

So looking at the above scripture what shows to you that it is mid-trib? Oh I`ve just re-read your other post. So this is what you said -

I don`t see any connection between Isa 16: 1 - 5. The Lord is the one who deals with the armies of the world, not the mount of Olives. The Lord speaks the word and the flesh of the armies melts from off their bodies.  (Zech. 14: 12 - 15  & Rev. 19: 15)

regards, Marilyn.

Isaiah 16:1-5 tells us that the fleeing Jews will go to the the river Arnon on the east side of the dead sea.

When Moses led the Jews over the Red Sea and the army Egypt followed. The sea swallowed the army of Eygpt as the Mount of Olives will swallow the army of antichrist.

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro Eric, I don't see this happening in the verse you gave in Revelation: "the mount of Olives will swallow them like the Egyptians in the Red sea."

Did you make a mistake in your reference?

Zechariah 1-4 and Revelation 12:15-16 are describing the same event. Mount of olives and the earth are the same.