Jump to content
Online Baptist Community

For The Past Four Mornings

Rate this topic


Rosie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, John81 said:

I ran the malware program and it indicated over 800 possible problems.

This system is still on Windows 7 and is unable to upload Windows 10.

Sounds like you may have used SUPERAntiSpyware...or something similar. It treats tracking cookies as "threats". That's probably why there were so many. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
29 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Sounds like you may have used SUPERAntiSpyware...or something similar. It treats tracking cookies as "threats". That's probably why there were so many. 

I downloaded the one you posted above. It took over half an hour to run. Earlier this year I ran into problems with this computer and both times the only way I could get it going good again was to take it back to an earlier date and restart from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, John81 said:

I downloaded the one you posted above.

Wow...and it found 800? I didn't say anything to Rosie, but I thought that the four items her scan found was a lot. I think the most ours has ever discovered at one time was two items.

Was Malwarebytes able to remove all of the items from your computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Wow...and it found 800? I didn't say anything to Rosie, but I thought that the four items her scan found was a lot. I think the most ours has ever discovered at one time was two items.

Was Malwarebytes able to remove all of the items from your computer?

It said it removed them all. I had a couple or few, don't recall just how many, times when suddenly new windows started opening up rapidly and I couldn't close them faster than they would open new ones. I had to shut the computer off to stop it. Perhaps during one or more of those instances many nasty things jumped on board. I don't know.

Yes, I really thought over 800 hits was extremely high. I was concerned when it got to double digits! I suppose being rid of whatever they were couldn't hurt! ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
56 minutes ago, John81 said:

It said it removed them all. I had a couple or few, don't recall just how many, times when suddenly new windows started opening up rapidly and I couldn't close them faster than they would open new ones. I had to shut the computer off to stop it. Perhaps during one or more of those instances many nasty things jumped on board. I don't know.

Ahhh...I hope other people will see what I'm about to write...

What you described is one of the more easy ways a computer gets infected...

All of a sudden, a window pops up on your screen. You want it gone, so you naturally click the close button on the window...and...you've now infected your computer.

They are designed so that if you click ANYWHERE on the window, it will infect the computer.

So, the best course of action is...

When you encounter a strange pop up window, and it's not related to anything already on your computer that you're used to seeing...

1. Don't click anything! 

2. Don't click ANYTHING!

3. Immediately shut your computer down by holding the actual physical power button down until the computer powers off.

4. (My personal recommendation) When you turn it back on, immediately run a virus scan AND then run a Malwarebytes scan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
22 hours ago, DaveW said:

Ok then - Windows 10 is great!

I love it!

There, now you have something good about it. :lol:

Glad it seems you are sorted out.

I enjoyed Windows 7, couldn't stand my wife's 8.1, am thrilled with 10 -- now you've heard TWO good reports on Windows 10 -- actually, since it is now on 7 computers (home, church, wife, school, work) does that count for EIGHT reports?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

John, you really should stop visiting those websites with the .ru extension, they are full of surprises!  

I don't think I've ever seen a .ru extension. What does that represent or stand for?

7 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Ahhh...I hope other people will see what I'm about to write...

What you described is one of the more easy ways a computer gets infected...

All of a sudden, a window pops up on your screen. You want it gone, so you naturally click the close button on the window...and...you've now infected your computer.

They are designed so that if you click ANYWHERE on the window, it will infect the computer.

So, the best course of action is...

When you encounter a strange pop up window, and it's not related to anything already on your computer that you're used to seeing...

1. Don't click anything! 

2. Don't click ANYTHING!

3. Immediately shut your computer down by holding the actual physical power button down until the computer powers off.

4. (My personal recommendation) When you turn it back on, immediately run a virus scan AND then run a Malwarebytes scan.

Thank you, good to know. In my case, I did run a virus scan after those happened but didn't have malware scan at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Lady Administrators
9 hours ago, John81 said:

It said it removed them all. I had a couple or few, don't recall just how many, times when suddenly new windows started opening up rapidly and I couldn't close them faster than they would open new ones. I had to shut the computer off to stop it. Perhaps during one or more of those instances many nasty things jumped on board. I don't know.

Yes, I really thought over 800 hits was extremely high. I was concerned when it got to double digits! I suppose being rid of whatever they were couldn't hurt! ;-)

Trojans inject many viruses into a computer. Malware Bytes is one of the best I know to detect and remove them. When I worked at the library, my IT boss installed Malware because I was online so much. First time it found hundreds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...