• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

'Would Appreciate Your Prayers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thank you to all of you that have prayed for me.  I went to the cardiologist yesterday...and I have to go back next week for an ultrasound.  I don't understand all of the medical terms, but I think that they are suspicious of "venous insuffiency".  At any rate, next week should be able to determine a diagnosis.  I also had my first physical therapy app. this morning, and it went well.  I keep quoting II Cor. 4:15-18 to myself...trusting that the Lord knows everything that I need, and He will supply in His time and way.  Oooooh how I do not want to waste any opportunity that the Lord gives me...to shine His love on to others....and to remember that He is indeed allowing these physical trials with gracious reasons!  Thank you again for praying for me, and I truly appreciate a continuation of prayers....not so much for my sake, but rather for those medical people or other patients that I come into contact with...that the Saviour's light might shine thru me to them!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The ultrasound and appointment with the cardiologist has come and gone, and I am absolutely rejoicing!  After the testing, the cardiologist came in and told me that he had good news and bad news.  My heart lifted and then it dropped!  He told me the good news first.  The circulation in my right leg gets an "A+", and the circulation in my left leg gets an "A-" (a slight reflux)!  He said that I have the circulation of a nineteen yr. old! Yay!  Then he got more serious and said that the bad news was that he can't help my feet.  I have Raynauds Syndrome and neurapathy in my feet (the latter from all of the surgeries).  I had already been diagnosed with those issues, and they are lifelong....and so I will continue to deal with them with much gratefulness that there aren't any added problems.  The Lord responded very affirmatively to my prayers...and to all of YOU that prayed for me!  Thank you!

• Administrators

Thank you for this update Merri. It is good to hear that there are things that they can work with for you. Your persistence in using your infirmities for opportunities to witness for our Lord is commendable.

Although I do not suffer from pain, I do identify with your neuropathy. Mine is not painful, but I have not been able to feel much in my feet for the last twenty years. This, in recent years has progressed up my legs to just above my knees. It makes me extremely unstable because I can't feel what my feet or lower legs are doing. My neuropathy is not from poor circulation, it is from pinched nerves in my lower back.

I now have to use a cane at all times to help stabilize me. It is extremely discouraging in my instance because I am a gold miner and have always been a very active outdoors person. This condition makes walking on uneven ground extremely difficult and even dangerous at times.

After hearing of your painful neuropathy I can see how blessed I have been that I don't have pain added to an already difficult situation. I will continue in prayer for your situation and especially for you and your husband as you try to determine God's will in the various procedures.

God bless you as you serve Him.

• Members

Merri,

We are happy to hear that you are able to know what is the medical condition of your legs and now you will be able to better deal with the situation. It is a blessing to hear of the spiritual strength that the Lord has given you, and as Jim mentioned, that you were able to be a testimony for the Lord throughout your medical testings. Your testimony is a blessing to us all.

Jim,

Knowing you that you have been very active outdoors throughout your life, and then having to deal with uneven walk, and a cane, can be somewhat discouraging. We do appreciate your personal fortitude in not allowing this situation in deterring your walk with the Lord. It is a personal testimony to us all to live with our physical limitations and  to continue to serve the Lord with a joyful spirit.

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

May God bless both of you.

Alan

Edited by Alan
deleted repeated word

• Members

I had a whole two paragraph reply all typed up and it simply wouldn't send on this tablet.  I tried to save it, but now I can't find the clipboard where it is supposedly saved.  At any rate...my reply included my very sincere gratefulness to all those that prayed concerning my health issues and the outcome....Jim, Rosie, and Alan - thank you!  Jim...I was saddened to read about the pinched nerve that you have causing the numbness in your lower legs and feet. I still haven't figured out why this time of our lives is called the "Golden Years" - physically speaking, that is, especially when one has been very active in life.  I'm so glad that the Lord knows our frames; aw, but to have the same mind with the many experiences we've had - only with a younger body!  I shall be praying for you, Jim.  It must be difficult living in the beautiful area that you do, and be limited with being able to be out walking and enjoying it.  If I can find my clipboard on this tablet, I will try to post my other response.