• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Creation or not?

• Members

My phone just showed me this site:

http://religionnews.com/2016/06/11/why-some-evangelicals-changed-their-minds-about-evolution/

A group going to churches to promote the idea that science and the Bible are not mutually exclusive, but only because the Bible doesn't mean what it says.

I agree that the Bible and science are not mutually exclusive but that is because the more you study science, the more you find that it fits with the Bible actually says. 

• Members

Real, accurate, observable science proves the Bible statements on Biology, Earth Science, Astronomy, and other scientific disciplines.

Rudimentary theories, psuedo-science, evolution, and other fairly tales masquerading as science, are against the scriptures and the God who made it all.

The folks (though they be religious), that fall for these scientific quack theories are deluded of spiritual knowledge and belief. 

• Members

Most folks, Christians included, are woefully ignorant of what Scripture actually says in these matters, what actual science indicates, and that popularized theories regarding evolutionary ideas are not fact and in many cases have either been clearly proven false or there are other possibilities which carry far more weight.

Our pastor did an adult Sunday school class on this early this year and I was amazed at how little most in the class actually knew about the topic. The time spent covering this topic was well spent as all but a couple in the class learned and grew greatly in this area.

Unfortunately, too many pastors, along with too many in the congregation, are far too lazy or apathetic to take the time to research this topic and preach and/or teach the truth of the matter. Therefore, by default the proponents of evolution win as their false message is taught and promoted through government public schools and colleges, throughout TV programming, movies, books, magazines, music, etc. This then finds its way into churches where it's often either silently or outright accepted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

1 hour ago, Invicta said:

When I was at school we were taught creation and told there was a theory of evolution.  Today, evolution is taught as a fact and creation is more or less outlawed.  

I must have led a sheltered life, Invicta. When I went to school (locally) they didn't even mention evolution. However, when my oldest son went through school they were teaching evolution as a theory and creation as fact (he will soon be 33) he went through public school all the way through. My middle son (now 26) went through public school until 5th grade when he came home with the erroneous "homework" of evolution as a (supposed) "fact" and creationism was totally ignored as an option. Needless to say the school got an earful at once, and back then (I was still healthy as a horse) I marched right into the next board of education meeting to complain even more. I was told they were mandated to teach certain things in order to receive certain funding, blah blah blah....  and that if I didn't "like" what they were teaching I could teach my son something different at home. To which I replied that I had and would continue to, AND that I expected his Science grade to be corrected (he had excellent grades all except for that class where they were teaching this evolution garbage among other liberal agendas). I stated he should not have to LIE on a test in order to get a good grade. It was a big hoopla, other parents had the same concerns and were voicing them as well.  We wrote letters to the editor of the local newspaper. But just like everything else in this wicked world... the school caved to "political correctness" and were slaves to the governent funds. The newspapers also, once good conservative family-values have all turned liberal and full of blatant lies and NWO agenda over the years. The school board told us they would "consider this"  (about the grades) before the next report cards came out. BUT then, right around the same time, he came home with homework from another class (either Social Studies or History, I can't remember) and he told me that his teacher had told the kids that HINDUISM was the only "real" religion. So back up to the school I went and they got another earful. Probably scared half the kids in the building... but I was irate! This time there was no way it was a "government mandate" for a teacher to proclaim such horrendous garbage! I decided then and there he was going to go to a different school!

I would have home-schooled them all, but at the time I had a good daytime job  (real estate appraisals) and I also felt I couldn't school them as well as they deserved. So I found an excellent Christian school. It was expensive and a true burden on our budget, but worth every sacrifice we made! My youngest son (now soon to be 18) also went to the Christian school all through pre-school until the end of his 7th grade year, when sadly they had to close down due to declining enrollment. (what a shame people put their non-needs ahead of their children's education.. these people with multiple new vehicles and brand name everything are ridiculously phony, yet they said they couldn't "afford" Christian school) But anyways... I wanted my youngest son to go to another Christian school, but it was too far a drive and by that time my health had declined where I couldn't drive, and he has type 1 diabetes, so I wanted him nearby in case of emergency. I reluctantly enrolled him in the public school system for 8th grade and since. And if I had it to do all over again I would have tried to find SOME other way to get him to the other Christian school. He didn't want to be home-schooled (and by that time I was in the wheel chair and not able to follow him around to make sure he was staying on his studies).  Public school is nothing but liberal brainwashing tactics! They could care less if your children actually learn anything useful (reading, writing, arithmetic.. life skills such as balancing a checkbook, etc.) They don't even have "shop" class for teens anymore. It's nonstop liberal garbage they teach children to disobey their parents, they usurp as much authority as they can... it's a true nightmare.  It really is reminiscent of Hitlers tactics.  The liberal public school with their liberal curriculum and NWO agendas are the ruination of this once great nation.

They've kicked God to the curb and then wonder why they need police presence and guards. The state of Ohio outlawed spanking years ago, and now they've even outlawed "time outs" (making the child sit in a chair as punishment). If you visit the local public schools, you won't find anything remotely resembling what used to be a classroom... not just of our own memories and those of our parents, but even the difference between my own children's generations (all born far apart 7 years between the oldest and middle, and 8 years between the middle and youngest) I can see how horrific the takeover of the public schools has been.  Now days if you visit a school, walk down a hallway and the teachers are playing games on their phones or laptops while children are doing pretty much whatever they feel like doing. There is no punishment for bad behavior. The only punishment they give now is to expel kids who are violent, mandate that they go to secular counselling, etc. A set-up to fail system which if the kids don't receive correction for doing bad things, they will just continue to do them and probably get much worse as they grow older. Otherwise.. it's pretty much anything goes. Cussing, kids running wild all over the place, and teachers who have zero authority over the kids (because the school gives them NO recourse to deal with misbehaving kids).  I wouldn't want to be a teacher in a public school these days.  There are no longer any achievement awards for kids for hard work either... they promote the "every kid is special" theme and it's no wonder kids won't excel when they don't see a feeling of accomplishment and recognition for hard work paying off. Everyone gets a "ribbon".... nonsense. Many schools are even doing away with salutatorians and valedictorians. They are "dumbing down" society with these kinds of tactics.  The NWO government wants an uneducated and lawless society also so they can swoop in with more government control to supposedly fix the problem they themselves created on purpose. There are not enough police in the world to help keep law and order when unsaved people have no "moral compass" and no ramification when they do something illegal.  It's all headed straight towards the antichrist's global government. And yes, this "evolution" garbage was but the beginning of the nightmare nonsense they promote now :( 

• Members
13 hours ago, Ronda said:

I must have led a sheltered life, Invicta. When I went to school (locally) they didn't even mention evolution. However, when my oldest son went through school they were teaching evolution as a theory and creation as fact (he will soon be 33) he went through public school all the way through. My middle son (now 26) went through public school until 5th grade when he came home with the erroneous "homework" of evolution as a (supposed) "fact" and creationism was totally ignored as an option. Needless to say the school got an earful at once, and back then (I was still healthy as a horse) I marched right into the next board of education meeting to complain even more. I was told they were mandated to teach certain things in order to receive certain funding, blah blah blah....  and that if I didn't "like" what they were teaching I could teach my son something different at home. To which I replied that I had and would continue to, AND that I expected his Science grade to be corrected (he had excellent grades all except for that class where they were teaching this evolution garbage among other liberal agendas). I stated he should not have to LIE on a test in order to get a good grade. It was a big hoopla, other parents had the same concerns and were voicing them as well.  We wrote letters to the editor of the local newspaper. But just like everything else in this wicked world... the school caved to "political correctness" and were slaves to the governent funds. The newspapers also, once good conservative family-values have all turned liberal and full of blatant lies and NWO agenda over the years. The school board told us they would "consider this"  (about the grades) before the next report cards came out. BUT then, right around the same time, he came home with homework from another class (either Social Studies or History, I can't remember) and he told me that his teacher had told the kids that HINDUISM was the only "real" religion. So back up to the school I went and they got another earful. Probably scared half the kids in the building... but I was irate! This time there was no way it was a "government mandate" for a teacher to proclaim such horrendous garbage! I decided then and there he was going to go to a different school!

I would have home-schooled them all, but at the time I had a good daytime job  (real estate appraisals) and I also felt I couldn't school them as well as they deserved. So I found an excellent Christian school. It was expensive and a true burden on our budget, but worth every sacrifice we made! My youngest son (now soon to be 18) also went to the Christian school all through pre-school until the end of his 7th grade year, when sadly they had to close down due to declining enrollment. (what a shame people put their non-needs ahead of their children's education.. these people with multiple new vehicles and brand name everything are ridiculously phony, yet they said they couldn't "afford" Christian school) But anyways... I wanted my youngest son to go to another Christian school, but it was too far a drive and by that time my health had declined where I couldn't drive, and he has type 1 diabetes, so I wanted him nearby in case of emergency. I reluctantly enrolled him in the public school system for 8th grade and since. And if I had it to do all over again I would have tried to find SOME other way to get him to the other Christian school. He didn't want to be home-schooled (and by that time I was in the wheel chair and not able to follow him around to make sure he was staying on his studies).  Public school is nothing but liberal brainwashing tactics! They could care less if your children actually learn anything useful (reading, writing, arithmetic.. life skills such as balancing a checkbook, etc.) They don't even have "shop" class for teens anymore. It's nonstop liberal garbage they teach children to disobey their parents, they usurp as much authority as they can... it's a true nightmare.  It really is reminiscent of Hitlers tactics.  The liberal public school with their liberal curriculum and NWO agendas are the ruination of this once great nation.

They've kicked God to the curb and then wonder why they need police presence and guards. The state of Ohio outlawed spanking years ago, and now they've even outlawed "time outs" (making the child sit in a chair as punishment). If you visit the local public schools, you won't find anything remotely resembling what used to be a classroom... not just of our own memories and those of our parents, but even the difference between my own children's generations (all born far apart 7 years between the oldest and middle, and 8 years between the middle and youngest) I can see how horrific the takeover of the public schools has been.  Now days if you visit a school, walk down a hallway and the teachers are playing games on their phones or laptops while children are doing pretty much whatever they feel like doing. There is no punishment for bad behavior. The only punishment they give now is to expel kids who are violent, mandate that they go to secular counselling, etc. A set-up to fail system which if the kids don't receive correction for doing bad things, they will just continue to do them and probably get much worse as they grow older. Otherwise.. it's pretty much anything goes. Cussing, kids running wild all over the place, and teachers who have zero authority over the kids (because the school gives them NO recourse to deal with misbehaving kids).  I wouldn't want to be a teacher in a public school these days.  There are no longer any achievement awards for kids for hard work either... they promote the "every kid is special" theme and it's no wonder kids won't excel when they don't see a feeling of accomplishment and recognition for hard work paying off. Everyone gets a "ribbon".... nonsense. Many schools are even doing away with salutatorians and valedictorians. They are "dumbing down" society with these kinds of tactics.  The NWO government wants an uneducated and lawless society also so they can swoop in with more government control to supposedly fix the problem they themselves created on purpose. There are not enough police in the world to help keep law and order when unsaved people have no "moral compass" and no ramification when they do something illegal.  It's all headed straight towards the antichrist's global government. And yes, this "evolution" garbage was but the beginning of the nightmare nonsense they promote now :( 

Thyanks for that, Ronda.  My youngest daughter  who is now 44 was about 14 when she brought home her religious education homework which was "look up your stars and comment on them."    I withdrew her from RE classes, but I am not sure they can these days.  She was well enough taught to know what was right and wrong.  She now has five children and has home educated them all.  The eldest is at university and was married a week ago.  He met his wife while on beach mission two years ago.  The second has just returned from a year in Paris as an au pair and is going to university next year. Home educating is very exspensive as you have to pay for extra lessons such as languages, music, etc. and have to pay for all the exams which are free for state schools.

• Moderators

Wow. I'm 52 and was taught evolution the whole way through. Wish I'd has the knowledge I have now; as it was, I assimilated the information but still believed in creation, (as much as I knew about it), and later as I began to consider such things in retrospect, it took some time for me to get straightened out. This is one of the reasons I am still a big Kent Hovind supporter, because even though he has a few weird things going on, (which he admits are just personal and in no way makes a complete endorsement of them), he creation teachings are still second to none in making it easily understandable and common sense.

I have since discovered some other good creation teachers; one is even a 7th day Adventist, and if you steer clear of his SDA stuff, his creation teachings are spot-on, (though I would only recommend him for the advanced believer who can discern, just in case), as well as some David Cloud stuff.

• Members
On 7/11/2016 at 3:27 PM, Invicta said:

Thanks for that, Ronda.  My youngest daughter  who is now 44 was about 14 when she brought home her religious education homework which was "look up your stars and comment on them."    I withdrew her from RE classes, but I am not sure they can these days.  She was well enough taught to know what was right and wrong.  She now has five children and has home educated them all.  The eldest is at university and was married a week ago.  He met his wife while on beach mission two years ago.  The second has just returned from a year in Paris as an au pair and is going to university next year. Home educating is very expensive as you have to pay for extra lessons such as languages, music, etc. and have to pay for all the exams which are free for state schools.

Our two eldest granddaughters, Rachel 19, and Jemimah 16, speak to each other in French. French is Rachel's best subject but German is Jemimah's.  French is her second subject. She has been teaching her friends German.  Jemimah and her brother, Luke, 12, were also getting Latin lessons.  I am not sure how they got on.