• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Father's Day Letter

• Members

I wrote this "letter" to my sons for Father's Day...with a genuine heart, I hope it is a blessing of God's grace and mercy to any readers of it!

My dearest sons...

Yes, tis me yet again...the blessed Spirit has prodded me to share with you once more. I've said most everything already in the past, but just wanted to reiterate because my heart is full with it.

You are each one wonderful dads, and unique in your own way with your sons. I have a lot of respect for the love that you have for them. My precious, precious grandsons! My son's sons! I'm so proud of all of you, and pray continually for you. My pride and my joy! What can I say more? I'm very grateful to the Lord for each of you!

What can I say more - well, just that I long to be of encouragement to you, and to edify you. The world has long been growing darker and darker, and yet its pulls of temptation have subtly and yet strongly been enticing. The saved are not exempt, but God's grace and longsuffering is glorious! He is so very patient with each one of us, and full of amazing love and kindness to us. Sigh...however, regardless of the world around us, we are still accountable before God Almighty. Each one of us must answer for ourselves, thankfully not for our sins...for they've been covered on the cross...but for how we are walking with the Lord Jesus. I cannot express seriously enough, that "what goes around, comes around"! There is no avoiding that truth. All throughout scripture are what I call the geometric "ifs and thens". IF we live according to the Word with our hearts and consciences clear before the Lord to the best of our ability, THEN the Lord will work ALL things together for our good. He always has our best interests in mind. But! IF we live and walk in disobedience to the Word, THEN it is to be accepted that the consequences will most likely be painful and we will definitely know the chastisement of the Lord. It says in Ezekiel 7:10 - "Behold the day, behold, it is come: the morning is gone forth; the rod hath blossomed, pride hath budded." Our dear God loves us so much that even by His wondrous grace, He will chastise us according to the disobedient ways that we have chosen.

As you have read in my testimony that I sent to you...I made some of my own foolish choices, and the consequences have not been at all pleasant. The sinful ways that I chose were NOT productive or fruitful for anything good...period! There might have been some kind of what I thought was comforting or pleasureable, tho' totally temporal...but they ended in ways that produced shame and guilt and embarrassment. To this day, I still reap some of the consequences of the sinful choices that I sowed. As your mom, I naturally want to warn you and to protect you so that you don't suffer the same needless kind of consequences that I have. However! You are each a man in your own right. I've had my time as you were growing up to teach you and to bring you up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, and so I can only hope to encourage you to walk in the ways that are pleasing to the Saviour.

One of the biggest reasons that I am sharing with you....isn't so much for you, as it is for your sons. Whether you like it or not, as men...the Lord has given you the role of being the leader of your family. Being a leader might come naturally or it might not, but it doesn't really matter what kind of a personality you have....that's the role that you are responsible for. That means that you must be a Godly example and illustration to your sons. The past is not an excuse for the present. By the way, even though I'm addressing this to you...there isn't a child of God that isn't accountable for the role that God has given them; male or female. "That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all His statutes and commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged...that it might be well with thee...And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might...And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up...And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD: that it may be well with thee..." (Deut. 6)

I've quoted some Old Testament verses, but regardless of the dispensation of law or grace...God changes not, and so He still "feels" the same way about obedience or disobedience. I dearly hope that I come across as trying to encourage you to walk with the Lord. There is absolutely nothing in this world that is productive, lastingly successful, or that will bring true JOY and PEACE like living for the One that created us, loves us the most, the best, and gave Himself for us! The world and the ways of the world will only promote failure and misery...and we must understand that with wisdom.

So, my beloved sons...your responsibilities as dads are tremendous because of the alluring ways of this world, but try not to be discouraged! Keep your hope in the Lord, and desire His ways, and you'll truly begin to understand that glorious abundant life that He longs for us to have even in the midst of such darkness. Yes, I'm "only" mom...but please be patient with me, for the Lord has impressed on my heart the absolute importance of walking with, in, by, and for Him. I never really had a "dad"...Gpa just wasn't there for me. I missed out on so much learning, and I didn't have an example of the kind of love and acceptance that a child needs. It was such a deep source of hurt for me...but words cannot express the gratefulness that I have that the Lord showered and filled my heart with the comprehension of His love for me. HE is my Father...and I sincerely hope and pray with great love, understanding, and compassion the importance of God's love flowing in and thru you to your precious sons.

I know that I write "novelettes"...but I truly hope that you will seriously consider my words in light of the Word and the gracious Saviour. I can truly say that in spite of my many failures, YOU...my sons...are wonderful, wonderful men. I adore each one of you!

I love you, my beloved sons!

Mom

• Members
5 hours ago, WellWithMySoul said:

...but words cannot express the gratefulness that I have that the Lord showered and filled my heart with the comprehension of His love for me. HE is my Father...and I sincerely hope and pray with great love, understanding, and compassion the importance of God's love flowing in and thru you to your precious sons.

Thank you for the letter. I am sure it is a blessing to all those who read it.

Alan