• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Rapture cannot take place at the end of the 7 year tribulation period

• Members
1 hour ago, Konstantin said:

Let's consider other inverse images pointing to these events.

Let the bridegroome goe forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.(Joel.2:16) she is the only one of her mother (Song.6:9) the virgins her companions that followe her, shall be brought vnto thee. (Ps.45:14)

Who is “the bride” and who are “the virgins” here?

In Joel 2:16 "the bridegroom" is any given "bridegroom" among the people and congregation of Israel at that time, and "the bride" is any given "bride" among the people and congregation of Israel at that time.  Nothing figurative about the verse at all.

In Song of Solomon 6:9 the "bridegroom" would be Solomon himself, and the "bride" would be the first wife that he married. 

In Psalm 45:14 we do find quite figurative language, wherein the "bridegroom" would be the King Jesus Christ and wherein the "bride" would be His Queen as represented by the "New Jerusalem" in Revelation 21:2, 10-27.

By the way, if in Psalm 45 you believe that "the virgins" are figurative of a specific group, then you also need to discern the figurative representation for the "kings' daughters" who were among the King's "honourable women," for "the daughter of Tyre," and for the Queen's "children."

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle
added the last statement

• Members
7 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

In Psalm 45:14 we do find quite figurative language, wherein the "bridegroom" would be the King Jesus Christ and wherein the "bride" would be His Queen as represented by the "New Jerusalem" in Revelation 21:2, 10-27.

To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim, for the sonnes of Korah, Maschil: a song of loues. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speake of the things which I haue made, touching the King: my tongue is the penne of a ready writer.

2Thou art fairer then the children of men: grace is powred into thy lips: therfore God hath blessed thee for euer.

3Gird thy sword vpon thy thigh, O most mightie: with thy glory and thy maiestie.

4And in thy maiestie ride prosperously, because of trueth and meekenes, and righteousnesse: and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5Thine arrowes are sharpe in the heart of the Kings enemies; whereby the people fall vnder thee.

6Thy throne (O God) is for euer and euer: the scepter of thy kingdome is a right scepter.

7Thou louest righteousnesse, and hatest wickednesse: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oyle of gladnesse aboue thy fellowes.

8All thy garments smell of myrrhe, and aloes, and cassia: out of the Iuorie palaces, whereby they haue made thee glad.(Ps.45:1-8)

and here?

7 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

To the chiefe Musician vpon Shoshannim, for the sonnes of Korah, Maschil: a song of loues. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speake of the things which I haue made, touching the King: my tongue is the penne of a ready writer.

2Thou art fairer then the children of men: grace is powred into thy lips: therfore God hath blessed thee for euer.

3Gird thy sword vpon thy thigh, O most mightie: with thy glory and thy maiestie.

4And in thy maiestie ride prosperously, because of trueth and meekenes, and righteousnesse: and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

5Thine arrowes are sharpe in the heart of the Kings enemies; whereby the people fall vnder thee.

6Thy throne (O God) is for euer and euer: the scepter of thy kingdome is a right scepter.

7Thou louest righteousnesse, and hatest wickednesse: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oyle of gladnesse aboue thy fellowes.

8All thy garments smell of myrrhe, and aloes, and cassia: out of the Iuorie palaces, whereby they haue made thee glad.(Ps.45:1-8)

and here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...