• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Instruction Contrary to Knowledge

• Members

“Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.” (Proverbs 19:27)

One of the saddest realities in the modern world is that many of the leaders of evolutionary and humanistic thought were raised in Christian homes, where from an early age they were exposed to the truths of Scripture. Testimonies without number have been ... More...EPE1XY5Dd1U

View the full article

• Moderators

For what it is worth, Darwin, while having a degree in theology, and preparing to become an Anglican priest, did not really believe. He was heavily influenced in evolutionary thinking by his grandfather,  Erasmus Darwin. It was into science young Darwin desired to work, but there was little money to be made, so at the behest of his father, himself an Anglican priest, he began into the ministry, because it would afford him a life of ease and respect, with great pay.

I have read, however, the he apparently believed enough that his own evolutionist beliefs and writings brought him great stress and concern, even causing him, at times, physical illness. Apparently he really wasn't sure about rejecting God altogether, and suffered from doubts his entire life.

• Members

This is one of the areas that resounds with me...teaching our children rather than just telling them...or as the article implies, just giving them a bunch of rules to adhere to without explaining why something is right or wrong. Granted, there are times when just telling them is enough; however, if all they know are rules of "do this" and "don't do that" without explaining the biblical reasoning behind it, they are left with a certain perception of Christianity and God.

I failed in doing this too often with our daughter, but I'm trying to do better by our son.