• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bzmomo7

Anyone got a problem with this?

Sorry for the confusion' date=' my intent was that I agree, we need to see sin the way God does.[/quote']

Yes! Although, b/c we are sinners whether saved or lost? God doesn't clasify sin the way human beings do. I have heard it said: "God does not categorize sin and does not put it into a file cabinet like we do." He sees it as all the same thing. That is why His only son died on a cruel Roman cross. He died for ALL of the sins of the world. When... Jesus cried out for help to His Father in heaven? You know... "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" The Father turned his back - in the end - and couldn't look upon His only son, because the sins put upon Jesus Christ - on the cross of Calvary - were too horrific to His Father in heaven. All of the sins of the world were put on the Lamb of God... Jesus Christ.

The Gospel According to Luke 4:4... And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, THAT MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD. "Satan Tempts Jesus" King James Bible

In Christ Jesus ~

Molly

That is why His only son died on a cruel Roman cross. He died for ALL of the sins of the world. When... Jesus cried out for help to His Father in heaven? You know... "My God' date=' My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" The Father turned his back - in the end - and couldn't look upon His only son, because the sins put upon Jesus Christ - on the cross of Calvary - were too horrific to His Father in heaven.[/quote']

Sorry for being too picky here, but I was always taught that Jesus was quoting scripture when he cried: "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

When a person dies on the cross, it is slow b/c you drown to death. Your lungs fill up and you suffocate. Making it very hard to breath, let alone speak. And here we see Jesus, who is near death/suffocation... and he quotes Psalms 22. He wants those around him to understand he is fulfilling scripture, but he has little breath in him. So he quotes just the first line of Psalm 22. And since any good Jew had scripture memorized, they would easily see the link between this verse and what Jesus had just done and what he will do.
Check out Psalm 22:15-18 for a great similarity!

You are 100% right Julie! It is scripture. I just didn't put the verses down. :) Yes... the crucification of Jesus Christ was exactly how you described it. You are not being "too picky." Many Christians have to be told this; however - you took Psalm 22:15-18... and gave a great similarity. This proves that the Bible is "full circle" as I like to call it. The answers are there for both the Jew and the Gentile.

God Bless,

Molly

You are right, Julie, He was quoting from Psalm 22 - Psalm 22 is part of a tio that speaks of Christ: Psalm 22 ~ the Cross; Psalm 23 ~ the Crook; Psalm 24 ~ the Crown.

But He wasn't merely quoting the first line, just to show He was fulfilling scripture. God had turned His back on His only begotten Son because of all of the sins of the world being on Him. God cannot look on sin - even when it was His Son carrying them.

But He wasn't merely quoting the first line' date=' just to show He was fulfilling scripture. God had turned His back on His only begotten Son because of all of the sins of the world being on Him. God cannot look on sin - even when it was His Son carrying them.[/quote']

Hello again HappyChristian!
Is not Jesus God?

I believe in One God. Not 3. Therefore it is hard for me to think God can turn his back on himself.
God is carrying the sins willingly, and he planed it that way, He wanted to, out of love for us. Everything he does is out of love, so even taking on our sins is such a Great act of love. Not one that someone as powerful as God could turn his back on. God is limited by nothing, absolutely nothing. Sin has no effect on God, he is far greater than it.

I'll have to look it up, but I was thinking that scripture even says that Jesus' accusers pointed out that when Jesus quoted this scripture, He must believe God has turned his back, but that the followers of Christ denied this belief. Not sure yet where that is...

I also believe in one God. In three parts - the triune God. The Bible speaks of them as being distinct. Jesus, God the Son, took on the form of man in order to die on the cross. God the Father stayed in heaven. God the Holy Spirit was promised by Jesus, God the Son, while He was here on the earth...promised to come and be our Comforter.

Yes, taking our sins on Himself was an act of love that cannot be compared to anything else properly! Sin certainly affects God! It grieves Him greatly, and the Bible teaches us that! And, no, God is not limited. But the Bible tells us in Hab. 1:13 "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity..."

The Bible tells us that when Christ cried out, some of the hearers assumed He was calling for Elias. But we are told that He cried out asking God why He had forsaken Him. Jesus Christ knew that He would have to bear this when the time came for Him to die. Why do you think it grieved Him so in the garden?

Jesus Christ and God are one, as He said in scripture = and the sins of the world tore them apart for a time. That is hard for us to understand, since we are not God, but it would have to be a horrible thing to go through.

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.