• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

NEW BOOKLET TRACT – Mandala Color Books: Relaxing Fun or a Tool for New Age Meditation?

• Members

NEW BOOKLET TRACT – Mandala Color Books: Relaxing Fun or a Tool for New Age Meditation?

NEW BOOKLET TRACT: Mandala Color Books: Relaxing Fun or a Tool for New Age Meditation? by Lois Putnam i is our newest Lighthouse Trails Booklet Tract.  The Booklet Tract is 10 pages long and sells for $1.95 for single copies. Quantity discounts are as much as 50% off retail. Our Booklet Tracts are designed to […]

The post NEW BOOKLET TRACT – Mandala Color Books: Relaxing Fun or a Tool for New Age Meditation? appeared first on .

View the full article

• Members

Having an artistic minded wife, who has similar friends, I have known of adult coloring books for awhile (the name sounds creepy to me). There are some of these books simply made to color, with nature scenes, animals, yards, etc. Then there are also those with supposed meditative designs to be colored.

My wife finds artistic things relaxing, while I would find such aggravating.

My wife has a color book with different animals to color. She's had it for a long time and not colored many pictures. It's okay, she says, but she prefers to do paint by numbers like my Mom and Grandma used to do.

Nothing wrong with an artistic hobby, but when some purposefully attempt to turn some aspects of such into a spiritual matter then something is wrong.

In all things we have to be very careful. Some churches started some simple exercise classes to help their out of shape members but later, in many churches, these turned into yoga (Christian yoga!) classes. A pursuit of health through simple exercise was turned into a spiritual matter not of Scripture. Danger lurks all around us and we must be vigilant.