• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

As many of you know, I am going to Uganda in June for about 3 weeks. The Lord has been burdening my heart intensely for missions lately, and I am practically begging God to send me. I am expecting God to make clear to me his calling when I go in June. 

I am playing around with the idea of going to Baptist Bible Translators Insitute: https://baptisttranslators.com/about-bbti/ it is basically a 9 month missionary boot camp where they teach you linguistics, bible translation principles, and a whole lot of absolutely helpful things for mission work. It costs about 250 a month, plus living expenses, the catch is, they do not allow students to work because of the intensity of the program. This poses an obstacle for me because I am about 8,000 dollars in debt. I will be getting a loan soon and it will come out to about 150 a month.I estimate that I could work off all my debt in about 8 months.but then I would either have to get support or raise money in advance to go to this bible translation school. 

I also have been presented an opportunity to go and help plant a church in Goshen Indiana, some of the college guys here are going to be helping out and some of them are getting a house and sharing it, they have invited me to come and help and stay with them, they also know a RV manufacturing plant that is hiring people, this could be a good chance for me to both make money to rid myself of debt and to help out with the star up of a new church.I am leaning heavily towards doing this but still praying about it. I also have the option of staying here and working in my home church, or going to a inner city church in Chicago. I have many options, and a some pretty lofty dreams that I would like to see accomplished, but I am surrendered and open to the Lord's leading whatever that may be:

I say all that to say this:

1. Pray that God gives me wisdom and confirms his will

2. Pray that God will provide the finances I need for whatever he has for me in the future.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

Brother Jordan, Prayers sent up, God's will be done. If He wants you to go to the translator institute He will provide a way to fund. If not He won't or He may delay. His timing is perfect. It does my heart good to see you trusting Him and seeking His will first and foremost.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Roselove
      I’ve been interested in starting one of those plans where you are sent a study on each part of the Bible every day, until you get through the whole book, in a year. Has anyone done one of these? I want to make sure I use one with Biblically sound studies. Has anyone followed one that they trust?
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      What is everyone’s thoughts on the Thompson Chain Reference Bible? I really did not like it the first time I saw one, but now I’ve come to realize that it is a great tool for getting into God’s word and digging into it. I have found it stimulates my devotional reading and is very helpful for digging into the different topics in a particular text. I like that it causes you to just move around in the Bible day apart from some notes in the back it has basically no theological bias. 
    • By Jordan Kurecki
      in the near future I will begin sending email updates about my journey to and future ministry in Uganda, if you are interested in receiving these update, then please click the link below to subscribe!
      http://eepurl.com/c3Df8T
    • By Roselove
      I was wondering, does anyone know of a Bible translation, that is as accurate as the KJV, but has more modern writing? 

• By RGVBaptist
      Greetings folks!  I'm a newbie here but I hope I'll find a warm welcome.  My name is Aaron Freeman and I'm a veteran independent Baptist church-planting missionary serving the Lord along the Mexico border in southern Texas (on the US side).  In 2018 we'll be celebrating 10 years on the field.  As part of this celebration we're planning a special event called a "Border Surge".  In essence, we're looking for individuals and groups to join together with us for 8 weeks (or more) of evangelistic outreaches.  We don't expect any one person or group to stay all 8 weeks, of course.  Rather, we are looking to host 8 separate 1-week mission trips back-to-back.  We'd like to have 25 (or more - no limit) participants in each week.  We realize there are very few churches that can send 25 participants by themselves and so we're expecting to combine individuals and groups from multiple churches each week.  Hopefully that all makes sense!
      We are of course reaching out to our supporting churches but given the extent of the need (200 people minimum) I figured I'd also reach out and begin to make new contacts.  We'd love to meet some new folks and work with you in getting the Gospel out in our community.  Of course, I realize you'll want to know a lot more about us and our ministry.  Our personal website is at http://www.RGVBaptist.com. We haven't been on deputation for years so it's somewhat outdated, but at the very least you can find our doctrinal statement there, as well as some basic information regarding our sending church and mission agency.  You can also visit our church website at http://www.IglesiaBautistaEsperanza.org. Don't worry - you have the option to view the site in English or Spanish!
      For more information on the Border Surge itself you can use the following link:
      http://www.rgvbaptist.com/Prayer_Letters/2017_05_May.pdf
      That links to a copy of our most recent prayer letter which includes 3 extra pages of information regarding the Border Surge.
      I apologize for the long post but look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully having the opportunity to meet you in 2018.  Feel free to respond here, email me at Freemans@RGVBaptist.com or call/text me at (956) 849-4393.