• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You just can't make this stuff up

• Administrators

Some time ago I posted a topic with this subject name. It can be found here: 

Now I see that this female pastor has once again initiated some totally unscriptural and even heretical programs as well as outright blasphemy against God.

She calls this The blessing of the animals that she holds at her church. In a reply to one of that forums members she says this:

" Humans (men AND women) do not bestow blessings. What I do, not speaking for other clergy, is to ASK GOD to bestow a blessing on a specific animal and, perhaps, to offer an intercessory prayer for something such as healing of a wound or disease, should the owner ask and the animal be in need. You are welcome to join us. No particular religious affiliation is required on behalf of the animal or its human. I also imagine that God is indeed non-denominational. In fact, I daresay She would be shocked at the ways we have managed to divide ourselves on the basis of such petty differences.

Moro, thank you very much for your kind words. I enjoy creating varying worship services that encourage the participation of a wide range of people.

Thoth is also invited, but must be appropriately contained. ;-) "

The thread can be found here for the complete picture: http://capeannonline.yuku.com/topic/25576/Blessing-of-the-Animals

• Administrators
18 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Quote from the link...

Like Jim Alaska...... that angry and judgemental wing-nut...who
attacked Cindy the last time she posted information about an event.

:nuts:

Yeah, I see you picked up on that NN. I guess asking a question that someone doesn't agree with equates to being angry.

19 hours ago, Ronda said:

2 Tim 4:4 "And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Thanks Ronda, that was a very appropriate verse for this supposed pastorette.

• Administrators

This all really has nothing to do with me and is none of my business. But since I first read of this woman I have felt compelled to post about this simply because she claims to be a Baptist (although they are ABA)

It shows how far astray from Baptist principals and polity some supposed churches have come. If there ever was any doubt that we are living in the age of luke warmness, this is proof positive that we have arrived.

The place where this church is located is mostly RCC and since this has historically been a Portuguese and Italian fishing village, they are into special fiestas and things of an RCC nature. So I suppose it follows that even other denominations like to cater to the RCC among them and hold with these traditions also.

Even the unchurched buy into this RCC stuff and if you speak against it you are attacked.

• Moderators

Out here we (they) sometimes have a Blessing of the Bikes for motorcycle gatherings. People want to reject obedience to God in all areas, but just in case want God to bless everything. Kind of silly.  I once went and preached in the pit area of a motocross, then preached on how foolish it is that people want to participate in unnecessarily dangerous activities that glorify naught but themselves, and want God to bless it. Want God to bless life-threatening activities? Go preach the gospel in a Muslim nation! THAT will get your blood up and your adrenalin running!

• Members
On 4/17/2016 at 10:49 AM, Jim_Alaska said:

I also imagine that God is indeed non-denominational. In fact, I daresay She would be shocked at the ways we have managed to divide ourselves...

A broken clock is right twice a day.  Denominations like political parties are an evil that divide and sow discord not unity.  But other than this truth, the lady serves her FATHER, the DEVIL; poor fool.  God is a man, this fact is as clear as day but she has become willingly ignorant, or, dumb on purpose, to support her liberal ideology.

• Members
2 hours ago, swathdiver said:

A broken clock is right twice a day.  Denominations like political parties are an evil that divide and sow discord not unity.  But other than this truth, the lady serves her FATHER, the DEVIL; poor fool.  God is a man, this fact is as clear as day but she has become willingly ignorant, or, dumb on purpose, to support her liberal ideology.

Sad, but true. As I said in the original "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up" thread...while it is a common saying, and she probably was using it as such, she rightly referred to the church that she pastors as "my church"...