• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why hide if you have the truth?

• Members
On April 11, 2016 at 10:20 AM, OLD fashioned preacher said:

I would ask if you were born this stupid or if it was an acquired trait, but I'll refrain.

I would ask if you were a true pastor, according to 1 Timothy some of the qualifications are  must be above reproach, the sober-minded,(or clear thinking) self-controlled, (apparently not with the tongue or waist band)respectable, (calling people stupid isn't a respectable thing to do, especially when they are not around to defend oneself.)

You don't seem to fit a Biblical model for a preacher, you have no fellow elders to whom you answer to or seem to act like a jerk with your sarcastic remarks. You are the type of fundie that gives other God fearing people who truly want to serve God a bad name.  You seem to be they type of man that Jesus was talking about in Matthew 23:37, blocking people from serving God.

4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hebrews 7:26
For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

This is a position or standing of Christ: not a commandment to separate from people....

• Members
4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hebrews 7:26
For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

37 minutes ago, Guess Who said:

This is a position or standing of Christ: not a commandment to separate from people....

No Jeffrey, it's a descriptive of who he is...his very nature.

As one who is holy, he is separate from sinners. He came and dwelt among man...sinners, yet he was without sin. Did he engage sinners? Yes. Did he partake of the sinner's ways or sin itself? No. He is holy and blameless. He is high and lifted up...and separate from sinners. He was, is, and ever shall be...Almighty God.

That's the end of my "debate". You'd better hurry and reply while you can, because unless I'm wrong (and if I am, I apologize), you appear to have shown rebellion and disregard toward the moderator's stated method for returning to the forum.