• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I've noticed AFR, along with many others, are following what seems like a growing trend of moving away from the pre-trib rapture position. Aspects of this were discussed in another thread some time back but I'm now hearing on AFR that we should consider the pre-trib rapture position might not be right. They don't actually say when Christians will be called up to Christ but rather simply state that we should consider Christians may be here for at least part of the great tribulation.

I've read some who believe this trend is the natural result of so many adopting a Dominionist viewpoint. Having been so busy of late I've not been able to confirm or refute that claim.

Anyone know what's going on with this trend?

AFR continues to air pre-trib preaching from David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers and others but then their little between broadcasts announcements about the pre-trib rapture may be incorrect and telling Christians they may have to be here during at least part of the end times seems to be inconsistent at best or even an attempt to refute the teaching of the pre-trib preachers they air.

• Members

2 Thes. 2:3 " Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."   

There are so many examples of this if used in the term of apostasy.  The greek word chosen for this was "apostasia" which has at least 2 different meanings. Some (such as possibly?Thomas Ice... not sure, it's been too many years since I read any of his writing) claim it means "departure" and uses it as a proof text for the rapture.  I personally don't think that is the proper use of the term, I think it means apostasy, as in the KJV wording "falling away" is the most  appropriate word choice. Its a falling away FROM the truth of sound doctrine. And as such, we can see that there definitely IS apostasy growing rampant in churches with so many false teachers which have itching ears. (2 Tim. 4:2-4). We can also see that the characteristics of 2 Tim. 3:1-7 are also prevalent and are exploding exponentially around the globe. In that same chapter it doesn't tell us that there will be a huge revival, it doesn't tell us that churches will become more sound in doctrine, it DOES tell is (v.13) "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."  So my own thoughts on this is that allof these churches which formerly had sound doctrine, it is further apostasy,further falling away from the truth.  And anyone who doesn't believe the truth of the pre-trib rapture won't see it that way at all, it will likely cause more debate about the rapture just by me saying that. But here's another thought on this... There has been so much vehement objection lately against the pre-trib rapture on other forums, I've even seen people (supposed Christians) verbally attack with vile name calling and even cussing against those who hold a pre-trib view. It's almost the same fervor that I've seen atheists use on Christian posts... and I know that (atheist views) comes from a demonic source. I wonder why they feel so compelled (atheists) to argue on Christian posts with such fervor? We don't see them arguing against the tooth fairy do we? So I believe it is God convicting them with the truth which causes them to rebel in such outbursts. As Shakespeare would have said, they "doth protest too much, methinks". Can this also apply to the vehement argument which has lately come about in such fervor against the pre-trib rapture? I suppose that depends on whether a person holds to the pre-trib rapture or not as to what the answer will be for each individual. 

• Members

I've also noticed many "Christian preppers", and some other preppers, who are pointing to this (the idea the pre-trib rapture may be incorrect and Christians will face at least some of the end times) as why every Christian needs to do some prepping.

Inadvertently I think some of the pre-trib fiction books and movies have fed into this. They typically feature Christians in the end times waging an underground or guerilla war against the anti-christ. While these books and movies typically feature a rapturing away of Christians, that is usually followed by many of those left behind coming to Christ. Included in this are usually many who thought they were Christians and those who had rejected Christ prior to the rapture. In all of this biblical doctrine and theology is often lacking or distorted leaving room for folks to interpret this in different ways.

Today it seems some Christians prefer the idea of waging war against the anti-christ rather than being raptured. The growth of the idea Christians may face at least some of the end times appeals to them.

• Members
2 hours ago, John81 said:

I've also noticed many "Christian preppers", and some other preppers, who are pointing to this (the idea the pre-trib rapture may be incorrect and Christians will face at least some of the end times) as why every Christian needs to do some prepping.

Inadvertently I think some of the pre-trib fiction books and movies have fed into this. They typically feature Christians in the end times waging an underground or guerilla war against the anti-christ. While these books and movies typically feature a rapturing away of Christians, that is usually followed by many of those left behind coming to Christ. Included in this are usually many who thought they were Christians and those who had rejected Christ prior to the rapture. In all of this biblical doctrine and theology is often lacking or distorted leaving room for folks to interpret this in different ways.

Today it seems some Christians prefer the idea of waging war against the anti-christ rather than being raptured. The growth of the idea Christians may face at least some of the end times appeals to them.

Very well put