• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Brussels Police Operation

• Members

I have been watching the police operation on France 24.  They have just said one gunman hs been "neutraiised"  

The second news story is of a Cardinal Archbishop of Lyon who has been accused of covering up a Paedophile  priest who is accused of groping and raping 60 Boy scouts.  So it goes on.  Any other organization who did this would be closed down.

• Members

There has been much online about that operation.

I had not heard of the Catholic story. You are absolutely correct that any other institution would have long ago been sued out of existence and shut down by government force. A Christian school in a nearby state had one worker accused of one time touching a student inappropriately and law enforcement and prosecution hit that school like it was a terrorist camp. The school was shut down. Even after the investigations showed it was one man who had committed one crime, the entire school was condemned and denied reopening.

• Members
5 hours ago, John81 said:

There has been much online about that operation.

I had not heard of the Catholic story. You are absolutely correct that any other institution would have long ago been sued out of existence and shut down by government force. A Christian school in a nearby state had one worker accused of one time touching a student inappropriately and law enforcement and prosecution hit that school like it was a terrorist camp. The school was shut down. Even after the investigations showed it was one man who had committed one crime, the entire school was condemned and denied reopening.

I was watching on France 24 News Channel.  On the BBC there was a similar case of a CofE vicar being accused and covered up.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160315-french-church-child-sex-abuse-scandal-valls-action

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have been watching the police operation on France 24.  They have just said one gunman hs been "neutraiised"  

The second news story is of a Cardinal Archbishop of Lyon who has been accused of covering up a Paedophile  priest who is accused of groping and raping 60 Boy scouts.  So it goes on.  Any other organization who did this would be closed down.

There sure is a bias in law enforcement, but I don't think the Catholic Church is the only institution which has special protection. For example there was/is a cult which used to be called 'The Family' they had another name Herbert W Armstrong was the leader they were known for having sex with their children, and still are apparently, members and also doing 'flirty fishing' evangelism, I met some of them as a young Christian, I asked one of them if they have sex with their children, he said that they keep to the laws of the country that they are in. But they were never shut down and they even made a visit to the white house so the children could sing.:unsure: and on the topic of children visiting the white house, and corruption almost being dealt with, there is a documentary  I mentioned once which shows Big Gov protecting child sex corruption. http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/Franklin/FranklinCoverup/franklin.htm   

Allegedly the children of a place called 'boystown' which was a Roman Catholic settlement, were supposed to be taking in orphans and helping them. but they were training them as underage prostitutes, so they would be taken to high profile events, do the public part i.e. sing or something, then after most had left there was the after party, so there was the sex with influencial individuals and children, but there was also the secret films which were used to blackmail those involved.

But in support of your point John, if you listen to spirituallysmart.com he believes that the franklin coverup documentery (which had the plug pulled on it) is in itself a bit of a hider, in that it is diverting attention away from the involvement of the Roman Catholic Church.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim
spelling

• Members
38 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I was watching on France 24 News Channel.  On the BBC there was a similar case of a CofE vicar being accused and covered up.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160315-french-church-child-sex-abuse-scandal-valls-action

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/pics.htm

I was having tech trouble finding this site. I haven't kept update with it. His isn't too accurate on Christian Doctrine, but he has some credit for his history of the Jesuits.

Edited by Old-Pilgrim

• Members

I think you have got two organisations mixed up.  The family if I remember correctly were followers of Rev Moon, called the Moonies. Another group that did Fishing were the Church of Scientology started by L Ron Hubbard.  I used to pass one of their places in London sometimes during my lunch break.  They always had youngsters outside inviting others to come for a personality test.  

Herbert W Armstrong Founded the Radio Church of God. Later called the Worldwide Church of God.   When I was young it was led by his son Garner Ted Armstrong who was eventually excommunicated by them for heresy and adultery.  They mixed 7th Day worship with British Israelite and kept the Jewish Feast  Days.   After Armstrong died the WWCOG dropped a lot of his teachings and became more "normal" if I may use that word.  They used to have big convention at Torquay to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles every year.  They still go at the same time but now call it the Harvest Festival.  There is a rival group that still keep to Armstrong's teaching that meet in the same town at the same time.  After Armstrong died his followers split into a number of groups some following his teachings.  One is the Continuing Church of God.  If you get an advert at the top of the page you will probably now get ads for CCOG or a similar group.  I did after we discussed this last time.  I know someone who attends a WWCOG near here.  I asked him if the still believed that the Anglo Saxons were the lost ten tribes and he said "No.  But I do."  He said after they split with Armstrongism, his group went from 130 members to 20 then down to 6.