• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My dog was attacked by two lg dogs

• Members

Please keep her in prayers. She is my wee miniature Schnauzer. I thought they were going to kill her,she was covered in blood on her hind quarters. they had knocked me down. one looked like a rottie shepard mix. the woman who owned them took me to the vet and dropped me off then returned half an hour later and she paid the bill of 79 dollars, thank God for both those things. I may have had to walk home with her in my arms for 45 min and she was in such dreadful pain. If there is swelling then they may have to cut out any dead flesh and if there is damage to her muscles and tendons they may have to operate and it could cost hundreds of dollars. the woman is on disability because of brain injury and I think that is why should could not handle the two dogs when they were coming down the hill in the woods. Please pray for her condition she said she has anxiety, depression and memory loss. So she like me is on a low income and can not afford it if D'Arcy has to go back. The vet said they were impressed she came back to the clinic after she dropped us off. they told her that she is the first they have seen do that. I told her God will bless her for being responsible. they gave D'Arcy an injection of antibiotics and I have some to give her in pill form. I could barely touch her and she was screaming. right now she is on her bed and screams if I touch her or try to lift her. I needed to turn her around so that the leg could drain. its still bleeding and has been for about 2 hours. they want it to do that. its slowed down a lot but they want any bacteria to come out there is a small puncture in three other places one on her neck but its the one on the back leg very close to the area where the tendon meets the muscle. I was on a hill on a steep angle with my head at the low end in the mud and could not get up to run for her, it was awful seeing them maul her and her screaming. I have ankylosing spondylitis with fused hips and spine so I was very stuck. Thank God I did not break anything. I broke my ribs last year from falling on the ground. the woman got one dog tied up and went for the other and the other got loose again and went straight for D'Arcy.
I hand fed her some canned venison I had bought for her, pure meat in the can so I hope the extra protein helps, I was also spoon feeding her water. I hope the wound looks good tomorrow and looks like it is healing. the woman said she had a muzzle on the dog once but it only lasted 5 min and she ripped it off her face..she took her to the woods thinking it would be safe to walk her there rather then on a sidewalk. they just moved to the city from a farm two weeks ago.
D'Arcy finally has her eyes shut right now and is resting. I am so scared for my wee baby. she is only about 14 lbs and those dogs were maybe 80 to over a hundred lbs each. they had her rolling in the dirt and kept biting her and biting her. it was the mother who was most intense.

Thank you everyone for your Prayers. I am tutoring a teen in math in 45 min so I have to get ready for that. I hope D'Arcy will not try to get up when he is at the door.
When The woman came to my house to drop us off I gave her a tract and invite to my church. she has been to church before but its been a while. the one dog is a puppy about 6 months old and just was altered two days ago and she said he had his dew claws removed and his legs were bleeding in the van from him going nuts in the bushes after my dog. My vet said he should not be doing anything for two weeks after his operation so hopefully he will be okay.
Thankyou for your prayers

Deborah

• Members

Oh man, I hate to hear when a pet is attacked, injured or even sick. My miniature Schnauzer Misty passed away before Christmas this past year and I just got another 1 1/2 year old miniature Schnauzer called Emmaline Elizabeth (Emmy). I know how your heart must have sank and is aching.....

I'll pray for you and the other dog owner.