• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

We have a meeting coming up (@ our church) and Musician4God offered to video it. 2 of the expected preachers won't be able to make it and I offered to get the video to them. As a result, I'm experimenting with the "new toy" and ya'll get to be my guinea pigs. Yeah, yeah, I know -- "Now a moderator called us swine!". Anyway, it took me about a month to learn how to get a picture on OB so now I'll try a video from a Wed. night "special".

Input as to if it played acceptably (audio volume, video clarity, etc.) appreciated. Snide comments not exactly un-anticipated.

Midd_Special.mp4

Okay, my first attempt was a flop. Any of the "tech savvy" mind telling me how to get the actual video on here?

OFP. I am no wiz at this stuff, but I think the problem is that you posted it as a file, meaning the file is on your computer, not on the net. You may have to upload it to something like YouTube and then provide a link to it.

Attempt #2

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/157932974?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay, I found the embed code -- can anyone explain how I can get the video itself in the post so folks don't have to copy and paste? I've seen it done on OB before.

Although I just found out that copy/paste won't get you from here to there after all.

I did succeed in getting on the church Faceplant, er, uh -- Facebook account.

9 minutes ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Thanks, after church tonight I'll try to see if I can stumble into making sense out of that and attempt to replicate it through action.

I should have explained a little more...the iframe embed code is for...let's say your church has a website, and you wanted to put that video on your church's website...you'd use the iframe embed code to do that.

To put the video here on the forum, there are two options...see if the picture will help...

1. Copy what's in the address bar and paste that here on the forum

...or...

2. Click "Share", copy the address link that appears, and paste that here on the forum.

Screenshot_2016-03-06_19-57-44.thumb.png

Edited by No Nicolaitans

Ah...I see in the iframe code, that you're using vimeo instead of Youtube?

If so, it works the same. Copy what's in the address bar, and paste it here on the forum.

...or...

Click the Share button under the video (that will open a small window on your screen), and copy the Link option, then paste it here on the forum...

Screenshot_2016-03-06_20-20-13.thumb.png

Edited by No Nicolaitans

On my phone, it says...

Private Video 

Looks like you must have the video set as a private video. It's been a while since I had a vimeo acct., and I can't remember how to get to the video's settings to make it public instead of it being a private video.

Edited by No Nicolaitans

Amen! Thank you very much for the song. We do appreciate all of the effort you and No Nicolaitans went to install the song video. It was well worth the effort.

Hopefully, more songs are forthcoming.

Alan

"And the way I was saved, was the old fashioned way, through the blood that makes whiter than snow"

Now THAT is a good old fashioned hymn and praise to the Lord :clap:

1 hour ago, Ronda said:

Just wondering... where is "pleading the blood" found in scripture? Not being a smart-alec... maybe I've missed something?

As opposed to pleading my innocence, my works, my worth, my "time served" or any other "justification" before the judge.

[Rhetorical]  God: "Why should I let you into Heaven?"

Saint: "The blood of Christ"

Likened unto pleading the 5th Amendment for protection from self-incrimination -- in a judicial sense as opposed to the junk Charismatics bandy about bordering Voodooism.

Speaking of...I heard a song today that I've always enjoyed..."I've Got More to go to Heaven For than I Had Yesterday".

Part of it says...

There's a golden street to walk upon,

A bell I'm gonna ring.

Does anyone know where this reference to ringing a bell in heaven comes from? 

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.