• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

1000 year reign

• Members
Pet theory?

Haven't all those who look at prophecy got a pet theory, or follow others pet theories, such as Scofield?
The pettyist pet theory of all.

No, some people take the Bible for what it says, and don't try to use it to rationalize their own preconceptions.

• Members

Excuse me, Sir, but you should correct your statment. If you do not agree with my post that is your right, but do not acuse me of trashing the Bible. I did no such thing. You should read my post and get straight what I said.

In Christ,

Robert

Trashing would be ripping some verses from their context, making ridiculous claims about the "hidden" meaning of others and comepletely ignoring any that you find inconvenient.

• Members

Trashing would be ripping some verses from their context, making ridiculous claims about the "hidden" meaning of others and comepletely ignoring any that you find inconvenient.

As I said, I have not trashed the scripture in the least bit and you should still recant the vicious lie that you have stated about me.

In Christ,

Robert

The main reason that you believe that, and the reason that no one (else) here could refute you, is because no one understands the difference between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God. Perhaps I'll post my husband's articles on that, though I'd better not just yet because someone will delete them. *cough cough*

• Members

Sir, you are an out right liar when it comes to your personal attacks on me.

And if we were to debate this subject, I guarantee you could not win on the facts.

In Christ,

Robert

You can call names all you want, but you still did exactly what I said.

I am guessing that many if not most of the people on this site believe that there will be a 1000 year reign here on earth.

This is not a true teaching of the Bible. The kingdom is not something that is future but has already been established.

As support of this statement I offer the following support.

Daniel 2:44 tells us that a kindom will be set up in the days of these kings. What kings? The Roman kings of course. Matt 16:18-19 Jesus tells us that He will build His church which is the Kingdom

Mark 9:1 Jesus tells His disciples that there are some standing there who will not taste death until they see the kindom com with Power. That kindom did come with Power in Acts 2. It is His church.

Lets look at the Daniel passage.

"Daniel 2:31-44 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

So, we see that this stone made without hands smote and destroyed the last kingdom mentioned, the kingdom of iron mixed with clay, and we see that this kingdom of God consumed all the other kingdoms, and "shall stand for ever".

Now, if this is speaking of the kingdom set up in the time of Christ it makes no sense, Christ is the stone made without hands and he did not destroy the roman kingdom(which was the iron legs of the image not the feet of iron mixed with clay btw) at his coming. The Jews thought that is what he would do, and even the apostles thought that might be the case after his resurrection, but they were mistaken. If you are of the opinion that this kingdom is the "church" you would be mistaken. The church did not destroy and break in pieces all the kingdoms mentioned, it existed under the rule of rome and rather than supporting insurrection against rome the apostles taught that the rulers of Rome were appointed by God and should be obeyed as long as they did not contradict the commands of God.

The kingdom of God mentioned in this passage is the one set up by Christ at his second coming.

The kindom has already been established and so there is no need to establish another.

You are in fact calling Jesus a liar. If Jesus did not set up His kingdom then He was a liar, how else would you explain Mark 9:1. Jesus came to set up His kindom and no one could stop Him from doing so?

Jesus did indeed set up his kingdom, but it is quite different than what he will set up at the second coming.

"John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

"Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

We see from these verses( and there are many more) that the kingdom he set up at his first coming was not of this world. It was not a physical kingdom.

However:
"Psalm 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

"Acts 1:6-8 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

"2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;"

"Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father."

"Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

"Revelation 19:11- Revelation 20:6 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

We see from these verses that there is a coming kingdom on God which is physical. Now his kingdom is not of this world and it is voluntary, then he rules the nations with a rod of iron and it is not voluntary. Two different kingdoms.

So' date=' we see that this stone made without hands smote and destroyed the last kingdom mentioned, the kingdom of iron mixed with clay, and we see that this kingdom of God consumed all the other kingdoms, and "shall stand for ever". [/quote']

:amen: Seth.

The Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God can be distinguished clearly with these scriptures.

I would just note that the two names are used interchangeably for both the spiritual kingdom of the present time, and the physical kingdom which will come later. There is no clear cut difference in terms.

I would just note that the two names are used interchangeably for both the spiritual kingdom of the present time, and the physical kingdom which will come later. There is no clear cut difference in terms.

I asked my hubby the question tonight. His response was "The Kingdom of Heaven" is where the Lord is now. The "Kingdom of God" is when He sets up His Kingdom on earth..."The New Jerusalem."

• Members

Lets look at the Daniel passage.

"Daniel 2:31-44 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king. Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever."

So, we see that this stone made without hands smote and destroyed the last kingdom mentioned, the kingdom of iron mixed with clay, and we see that this kingdom of God consumed all the other kingdoms, and "shall stand for ever".

Now, if this is speaking of the kingdom set up in the time of Christ it makes no sense, Christ is the stone made without hands and he did not destroy the roman kingdom(which was the iron legs of the image not the feet of iron mixed with clay btw) at his coming. The Jews thought that is what he would do, and even the apostles thought that might be the case after his resurrection, but they were mistaken. If you are of the opinion that this kingdom is the "church" you would be mistaken. The church did not destroy and break in pieces all the kingdoms mentioned, it existed under the rule of rome and rather than supporting insurrection against rome the apostles taught that the rulers of Rome were appointed by God and should be obeyed as long as they did not contradict the commands of God.

The kingdom of God mentioned in this passage is the one set up by Christ at his second coming.

Jesus did indeed set up his kingdom, but it is quite different than what he will set up at the second coming.

"John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

"Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

We see from these verses( and there are many more) that the kingdom he set up at his first coming was not of this world. It was not a physical kingdom.

However:
"Psalm 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

"Acts 1:6-8 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

"2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;"

"Revelation 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father."

"Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne."

"Revelation 19:11- Revelation 20:6 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

We see from these verses that there is a coming kingdom on God which is physical. Now his kingdom is not of this world and it is voluntary, then he rules the nations with a rod of iron and it is not voluntary. Two different kingdoms.

Seth,

First of all, Daniel 2:44 did prophecy of the Kingdom that Christ established and in fact Rome was destroyed by this kingdom. Now, did it go and destroy it right then? Of course not, but study what happened to Rome and study what was fortold of in the book of Revelation and see the power of God as He did exactly what was prophecied.

Second, how many comings of Christ are there? As far as I know He is only coming once more. If that is the case, where is it that He will put this kingdom you are saying is coming at His second coming? It certainly isn't this earth because when He comes again the earth will be burnt up. (2 Peter 3:10-12) So, where is this kindom?

Another problem that we run into with the theory of an earthly kindom is in Zech 6:13. This passage teaches that Christ will serve as a priest while He sits on his thrown. Heb 8:4 teaches us that if He were on earth, He would not be be a priest.... (ASV) How can He rule His kingdom where He can not rule?

In Christ,

Robert

why is it that every passage that speaks of the kindom before Acts 2 speaks of it in the future and every passage after Acts 2 that speaks of the kindom speaks of it already in existance?

Not correct.

"Luke 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you."

"Luke 17:20-21 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

In both of those pre- acts passages he is speaking of of a kingdom of God as present already.

"1 Corinthians 15:23-25 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet."

"Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

And in these post-acts passages this kingdom is spoken of as future. Two different kinds of kingdoms...

Revelation and Daniel are both books of prophecy and both have been fulfilled.

Wrong, as far as the last part at least, for one thing Revelation ends with all the saved with Christ in a a new heaven and new earth, and with all the lost in the lake fire. It can't possibly be fulfilled yet, but anyway here are some other verses related to the coming kingdom...

"Luke 22:29-30 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

When did this happen? The apostles have not yet gotten thrones judging Israel, they died. They will get thrones in his coming kingdom.

"1 Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?"

When is this going to happen if not in the millennial kingdom? It isn't speaking of the final judgement, because scripture tells us that Jesus Christ is the one who does that...

"Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."

This isn't speaking of the church either... It is speaking of the future kingdom...

First of all, Daniel 2:44 did prophecy of the Kingdom that Christ established and in fact Rome was destroyed by this kingdom. Now, did it go and destroy it right then? Of course not, but study what happened to Rome and study what was fortold of in the book of Revelation and see the power of God as He did exactly what was prophecied.

No, if Daniel and Revelation are fulfilled as you say, the destruction of the "last" kingdom did not happen in any way remotely resembling what is prophesied, nor are the Christians in the situation that was prophesied. Lets look at some passages from Daniel:

"Daniel 7:7-28 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things. These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth. But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet; And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart."

So, if the kingdom is fulfilled at the advent of the "church" as you claim lets look at what must now be from this passage alone.

"I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom."

#1 We would see that Satan would have only been able to make war and prevail against the "saints" before this kingdom was "possessed" by the saints. In your opinion that would be pre-church. BUT, that isn't what we see in the NT. We see MANY cases where the devil was fighting against the Christians and killing them in some cases. Well after the church came about.

"And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him."

#2 We would see that the saints(ie. believers on Christ) would rule the whole earth and that all "dominions"(ie. empires, kingdoms etc.) would have to serve and obey Christ. That is hardly the case.

Second, how many comings of Christ are there? As far as I know He is only coming once more. If that is the case, where is it that He will put this kingdom you are saying is coming at His second coming? It certainly isn't this earth because when He comes again the earth will be burnt up. (2 Peter 3:10-12) So, where is this kindom?

Please give me Chapter and verse saying that the earth will be promptly burnt up at his second coming. :wink

If you are speaking of this verse:

"2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

The day of the Lord is not the same thing as his second coming. The day of the Lord is speaking of the day of his final judgement.

"Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

This verse in Revelation is the begining of the day of the Lord, and after this all the dead are judged, then Satan and all the lost beside the beast and the false prophet(who had been there a thousand years already) are cast into the lake of fire.

Another problem that we run into with the theory of an earthly kindom is in Zech 6:13. This passage teaches that Christ will serve as a priest while He sits on his thrown. Heb 8:4 teaches us that if He were on earth, He would not be be a priest.... (ASV) How can He rule His kingdom where He can not rule?

Well, this would be a really long answer and this post is getting far to long already, if I let it get too long no one will even read it. :lol: I will just say that he does offer sacrifices during his thousand year reign. They are a reminder of his work on the cross just as the OT sacrifices were looking forward to his work on the cross. For more information read Zechariah 14 and Ezekiel 39-48. The temple in Ezekiel is the millennial temple. Guess who the prince is. :wink

• 1 year later...

The Bible(and by Bible I mean the true and inspired word of God the KJV1611) states in multiplaces through revelation that there will be a 1000 year reign, the bible said it that settles it.
what is states in Daniel is not for us.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
We HAVE to rightly divide the word of God.
Not all of it is to us but all of it is for us. there is a fine line between the two.