• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

1000 year reign

• Members

Greetings to all who which to join this discussion.

I am guessing that many if not most of the people on this site believe that there will be a 1000 year reign here on earth.

This is not a true teaching of the Bible. The kingdom is not something that is future but has already been established.

As support of this statement I offer the following support.

Daniel 2:44 tells us that a kindom will be set up in the days of these kings. What kings? The Roman kings of course.

Matt 16:18-19 Jesus tells us that He will build His church which is the Kingdom

Mark 9:1 Jesus tells His disciples that there are some standing there who will not taste death until they see the kindom com with Power. That kindom did come with Power in Acts 2. It is His church.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members
Daniel is a prophetic book and one must be careful to rightly divide it. Many of the verses the first part of the verse refers Christ's first coming and the latter part of the verse speaks of Christ millenial reign.

There is not going to be a "millenial" reign.

• Members

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [i saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

May I suggest you take a look at the board rules under the announcement section? :cool

"This board is owned and operated by Independent, Fundamental, KJV Baptist believers. We are not interested in arguing or debating. This board is set up for IFB to fellowship and uplift our Lord Jesus Christ."

So far nearly every post I have seen you make is deliberately anti-baptist. Think where you are please, otherwise, there may not be a you very long, on this board at least. :wink

• Members

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [i saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

That passage does not speak of a literal 1000 year reign here on earth. If you will look at Rev 20, you will find lacking any reference to Jesus ever setting foot back on earth. It just isn't there.

Remember that Revelation uses symbolic language. (Rev 1:1) Also remember that it was something that was to take place in John's immediate future. (Rev 1:1, 3; 22:6, 7, 10, 12, 20). Compare Rev 22:10 with Daniel 8:26 which is speaking about Alexander the Great and was fulfilled about 460 years after Daniel was told it would not be for a long time. Long time = 460 years at hand = over about 2000 or more?

Also remember what Peter wrote in 2 Peter 3:10. There can not be a kingdom here on earth if there is no earth hear.

The kindom has already been established and so there is no need to establish another.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members

May I suggest you take a look at the board rules under the announcement section? :cool

"This board is owned and operated by Independent, Fundamental, KJV Baptist believers. We are not interested in arguing or debating. This board is set up for IFB to fellowship and uplift our Lord Jesus Christ."

So far nearly every post I have seen you make is deliberately anti-baptist. Think where you are please, otherwise, there may not be a you very long, on this board at least. :wink

Seth,

With all due respect, you have repeatedly threatened to remove me from this site. I joined this site to discuss the Bible. I have spoken to each and every person here with kindness and have not made any rude or hateful statements to anyone, even when I was treated in such a way. Though others have made rude and hateful comments to me, you want to throw me off the site? Why?

Though it will probably upset you for me to say this and though you will likely through me off the site, I will say this: it seems that you have a problem with me because I show some of the teachings of those on this site to be at odds with what the Bible says. It seems as though you are more interested in maintaining the Baptist doctrine rather than seeing what the Bible actually teaches us. If that is the case, then that is your choice as it is the choice of every man who ever lives. We each have to choose whether we will believe on the Lord and His teachings.

Seth, allow me to say that I am not saying any of this to be hurtful or to cause any division. I am simply wanting to open the word of God and share it with others. It seems that we should all be able to open the Bible and study it with an open mind.

I hope that I will be allowed to stay on here. I enjoy discussing these things with you and would like to continue to do so, but if my staying on here means that I close my mouth when I see someone clearly teaching things that are not founded in scripture (whether on purpose or simply for lack of understanding) I can not do so. I must speak the truth in love.

In Christ,

Robert

• Members

coc333,

I believe you to be in err concerning many things. One of which is the number of dispensations. I believe there to be more than three (most likely 5) and I believe you to be in err about the 1000 year reign of Christ. Clearly Christ is not now reigning on Earth as promised; but how does this reconcile with his offering the Kingdom when he came to Earth the first time? I believe Scriptures clearly teach that Christ's offer to bring the Kingdom to the Earth at the time of his first appearing was genuine and he would have done that if Israel had accepted him. As Israel did not accept him at that time as Messiah, he did not set up his Kingdom on Earth at that time and will do so in accordance with Daniel, Revelation and other prophecies. When he does set up his 1000 year reign, this time it will not be an offer, but by force.

As far as to how a person was saved in each dispensation, I believe it to be the same! In all dispensations it was by faith in God as their deliverer and their salvation and was evidenced by some outward action. When in the wilderness with Moses, he lifted up the snake and they were saved. Was looking at the snake the salvation or the belief in God as their salvation and evidenced by their looking at the lifted up snake? I believe it was faith in God and evidenced by their action of looking at the snake.

When Abraham took Isaac to offer him as a sacrifice was it his action that saved him or the faith in God that saved him and evidenced by his obedience? I believe (as in Hebrews) that it was Abraham's faith in God for his salvation and his obedience to move forward with the offering as evidence.

Now we are in the church (age of grace) age and salvation is by faith in Jesus as Messiah (God) and evidenced by obedience in Baptism.

In the Kingdom Age, how will people (who are clearly born during that time) be saved? Once again it will be by faith in God.

• Members
coc333,

I believe you to be in err concerning many things. One of which is the number of dispensations. I believe there to be more than three (most likely 5) and I believe you to be in err about the 1000 year reign of Christ. Clearly Christ is not now reigning on Earth as promised; but how does this reconcile with his offering the Kingdom when he came to Earth the first time? I believe Scriptures clearly teach that Christ's offer to bring the Kingdom to the Earth at the time of his first appearing was genuine and he would have done that if Israel had accepted him. As Israel did not accept him at that time as Messiah, he did not set up his Kingdom on Earth at that time and will do so in accordance with Daniel, Revelation and other prophecies. When he does set up his 1000 year reign, this time it will not be an offer, but by force.

As far as to how a person was saved in each dispensation, I believe it to be the same! In all dispensations it was by faith in God as their deliverer and their salvation and was evidenced by some outward action. When in the wilderness with Moses, he lifted up the snake and they were saved. Was looking at the snake the salvation or the belief in God as their salvation and evidenced by their looking at the lifted up snake? I believe it was faith in God and evidenced by their action of looking at the snake.

When Abraham took Isaac to offer him as a sacrifice was it his action that saved him or the faith in God that saved him and evidenced by his obedience? I believe (as in Hebrews) that it was Abraham's faith in God for his salvation and his obedience to move forward with the offering as evidence.

Now we are in the church (age of grace) age and salvation is by faith in Jesus as Messiah (God) and evidenced by obedience in Baptism.

In the Kingdom Age, how will people (who are clearly born during that time) be saved? Once again it will be by faith in God.

Trc,

You are in fact calling Jesus a liar. If Jesus did not set up His kingdom then He was a liar, how else would you explain Mark 9:1. Jesus came to set up His kindom and no one could stop Him from doing so?

As to your thoughts on salvation. This is not the thread. I have answered your questions and will not continue to answer the same issues. There is ample evidence that has been posted to demonstrate the truth of the Gospel. You do not wish to see the truth and are doing all that you can to believe what you wish. That is your choice but the truth is there.

In Christ,

Robert

• Administrators

...it seems that you have a problem with me because I show some of the teachings of those on this site to be at odds with what the Bible says. Actually, you aren't showing that we are at odds with what the Bible says. What you are showing is your ability to make scripture say what you want it to say.

It seems that we should all be able to open the Bible and study it with an open mind. Yet you begin each of your OP's with a set idea and you do not have an open mind. Your purpose seems to be to reeducate all of us in what you think the Bible says. Yes, you have written in a kind way. But that doesn't change the fact that you are not promoting Bible study with an open mind. You are promoting your beliefs and trying to change all of our minds. That's a little different than what you've tried to portray with the open mind comment.

I hope that I will be allowed to stay on here. I enjoy discussing these things with you and would like to continue to do so, but if my staying on here means that I close my mouth when I see someone clearly teaching things that are not founded in scripture (whether on purpose or simply for lack of understanding) I can not do so. I must speak the truth in love. See, you aren't just replying to someone you think is teaching error...you are starting posts with the obvious intent of showing us where you think we are wrong.

In Christ,

Robert

See - it is obvious that you have an agenda, and it is not Bible study with an open mind.

Proof? Your OP:
I am guessing that many if not most of the people on this site believe that there will be a 1000 year reign here on earth.
This is not a true teaching of the Bible. The kingdom is not something that is future but has already been established.

There is no invitation to study or discuss, really, even though your first statement welcomed any discussion. You started your post with the premise that what we believe is wrong because the Bible doesn't really teach that, according to you. And it won't matter what people show you from the Bible, you will continue to say we are wrong. That's an open mind? No - that's a mind that's made up and will not change.

If you want to discuss these things, that's fine. We love to discuss the Bible around here. But to preface your discussions with your thought that what we believe from the Bible isn't accurate won't make friends. It comes across as spiritually prideful, to be honest. Please know that I am not trying to be unkind.

All of us enjoy a good discussion (even if some of us are a little over-zealous at times and get heated... :lol: ). If that's what you really want, great. Remember that we are very familiar with what the Bible teaches. And please don't start posts stating that our beliefs aren't scriptural. If, during the course of a discussion, you can show that, that's one thing. But to pre-assume that is wrong. And it sets a wrong tone for the discussion. It turns the discussion into a lecture and then an argument. Do you see what I mean?

• Members
coc333's condescending attitude does make it so that I think Seth Doty is on the right path.....but then the person would be deceptive and sign up under another screen name.

I just discovered a cool feature that takes care of that; Foes list.......

• Members
Greetings to all who which to join this discussion.

As support of this statement I offer the following support.

Daniel 2:44 tells us that a kindom will be set up in the days of these kings. What kings? The Roman kings of course.

Matt 16:18-19 Jesus tells us that He will build His church which is the Kingdom

Mark 9:1 Jesus tells His disciples that there are some standing there who will not taste death until they see the kindom com with Power. That kindom did come with Power in Acts 2. It is His church.

In Christ,

Robert

It's really sad how people will trash the Bible just to rationalize their pet theory.

• Members

It's really sad how people will trash the Bible just to rationalize their pet theory.

Excuse me, Sir, but you should correct your statment. If you do not agree with my post that is your right, but do not acuse me of trashing the Bible. I did no such thing. You should read my post and get straight what I said.

In Christ,

Robert