Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

John Young

Why are Christians voting for Donald Trump?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

I don't have many problems with those who voted for Cruz. For me, there are too many coincidences and relationships that cause me to question his intent. Yes, his stance on issues is great. But I feel he could be a "Trojan Horse". He worked under Bush, his wife works for Goldman Sachs, and i don't feel he's genuine. Trump isn't even close to perfect. I hate that he believes in torture, but he has shown that he can be informed about something and change. He's calling 9/11 an inside job, and calling to audit the Federal Reserve. The only 2 to talk about doing that, Lincoln and JFK. Huckabee said this is a revolution, we should be happy that it isn't violent. Newt Gingrich said the establishment doesn't like Trump because he isn't part of the secret society. I am not naive enough to believe Trump is really the answer, but I believe he is a chance. 

Here is the analogy. We've been hiring these plumbers from 2 different companies for a long time. Neither one of them is fixing our leak, yet we keep hiring them. Not only do they not fix the leak, but it gets worse. We don't care what the plumber looks like, but we aren't hiring from those 2 companies. We don't care if he has an animal on his head, or he likes women, or he has a foul mouth, we just want something different. This is why so many people are going for Sanders. Right or wrong, he's different.

Well, here'e the thing...just because someone works somewhere does not mean they are tied in with them. As for Goldman Sachs, Heidi is a regional head in the investment management division in Houston (but is on leave of absence). So that is a bad thing exactly why? I realize that Trump and others have yammered quite a bit about Goldman Sachs, but how is working for them different from the job you choose to do? She's an employee, not an owner of the organization. Nor is she a shareholder, like Trump is. If Goldman Sachs is so very wicked that her working for the company means Ted won't make a good POTUS, then you can't vote for Trump. As a shareholder, he profits from their business. Same/same (actually worse cuz shareholders often make decisions re: the company's actions).

As for calling to audit the fed - Trump is late to that party. He joined both Cruz and Paul in the chorus (much later than them, though), with Ron Paul being the lead singer long ago.

9/11 an inside job? Trump can't actually decide what he believes - kinda like in everything. Because, as he said, "everything's negotiable."

Wanting something different is what landed us BO. 

John, J.B.Williams is just wrong. I was a member of a couple of different groups on Facebook that he was in...sorry, but with the experiences I've had there, I'll never again read or accept anything that man says. Plus - more than one true constitutional scholar has proven him wrong.

Swath, you are spot on. US law is what those in the US go by. And US law tells us Cruz is natural born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an article attempting to address the OP:

 

AMERICANS ARE VOTING FOR MANHOOD

 

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
March 10, 2016

NewsWithViews.com

I couldn’t put my finger on it until the other night. What is it about The Donald that is engendering so much support?

By all accounts he is, uncouth, petty, and a bastion of other un-biblical behaviors. Yet he is very popular. What is it about Donald Trump that has drawn so many to his side?

Donald Trump is a MAN in a nation where manhood is in very short supply.

His popularity is not about his “conservatism” or his “Christianity.” But, as we saw again last night, in Mississippi of all places…the buckle of the Bible-belt…the Trumpster again won a majority of the evangelical vote.

The South was supposed to be Cruz country…the heart of Christianity where clinging to Bibles and guns is passed through the DNA from one generation to the next. A state where using the name of Jesus is a token of praise rather than an object of damnation… where Ted Cruz values were as common as gumbo and rattlesnakes. The official beverage of Mississippi is milk, for Pete’s sake.

Yet supposed Ted Cruz voters pulled the lever for Donald Trump. Something BIG is going on in America and most people have yet to put their finger on it. Why are “Christians” voting for Donald Trump?

Sweeping the South was the plan that Ted Cruz had drawn up as the path to The White House. Certainly his unashamed Christianity would resonate in the Land of Dixie. The solid-South has been the stronghold of Conservative Christians and their favorite politicians for the past 50 years.

Yet this moderate, some say liberal, from the Northeast was swooping in and sucking up all of the energy…and votes…in this most-religious area of the nation. Rattle them off…Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia, were going solidly for the reality TV star resident of the home base of progressive politicians.

Trump, not Cruz has swept the south. Something HUGE is happening before our very eyes.

Now, before you get yourself into to tizzy, you have to understand that I am not supporting the crude, crass, calloused side of Trump. In fact, many of the things I hear him say make me cringe. But we cannot deny that the things that he does that make American’s queasy are the same things that draw people to him. America is starving for manhood. America is looking for a MAN.

For at least two generations American Christianity has been creating soft men. We see it everywhere we turn. Men that are afraid to offend. Our pulpits are filled with soft weak men. Our “worship leaders” are dainty men with spiked hair and skinny jeans singing sissified songs about an effeminate Savior. Women, and men who act like women, run the average American church.

Americans know we are in trouble and realize our politicians are dainty “men of culture” who use words as weapons in a faux fight against an unrelenting foe. They realize that the last person you would ever call if you were in a street fight would be either a pastor or a politician. In a time when we need a John the Baptist we get Joel Osteen.

Trump is a bit rough on the edges and he may not be up-to-snuff on all of the social graces expected in our political leaders, but he oozes manhood…not Biblical manhood…but secular manhood. We like a little grit in our champions.

The Christians in the South have analyzed the situation that is confronting this nation and although they would like their President to be someone who shares their values, their belief in God, and their quiet faith, they realize that the times demand a warrior…someone to stand and fight against the thieves who are stealing this nation.

Trump makes women feel safe. Trump says what the average Christian man is thinking. They are sick of PC America and pastors and politicians too cowardly to speak the truth. They see The Donald as a man who doesn't bend to pressure and doesn't need their approval.

American’s are looking for a fighter. Donald Trump, as crass and harsh as he is has proven that he will not roll over when attacked. They are sick of compromise. They look in the pulpits and they look at the politicians and they see nothing but capitulation. Let's all get along types.

America is not electing a king or a pastor and because they are so disgusted they are ready to roll the dice on a gambler from Atlantic City.

“Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Kill ‘em all and let God sort it out.” Americans are voting for a return to the days of straight shooters like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne.

Masculinity is making a comeback in America. It is no more complicated than that. Now, all we need is pastors with a spine and we may be able to save America.

© 2016 Dave Daubenmire - All Rights Reserved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Well, here'e the thing...just because someone works somewhere does not mean they are tied in with them. As for Goldman Sachs, Heidi is a regional head in the investment management division in Houston (but is on leave of absence). So that is a bad thing exactly why? I realize that Trump and others have yammered quite a bit about Goldman Sachs, but how is working for them different from the job you choose to do? She's an employee, not an owner of the organization. Nor is she a shareholder, like Trump is. If Goldman Sachs is so very wicked that her working for the company means Ted won't make a good POTUS, then you can't vote for Trump. As a shareholder, he profits from their business. Same/same (actually worse cuz shareholders often make decisions re: the company's actions).

As for calling to audit the fed - Trump is late to that party. He joined both Cruz and Paul in the chorus (much later than them, though), with Ron Paul being the lead singer long ago.

9/11 an inside job? Trump can't actually decide what he believes - kinda like in everything. Because, as he said, "everything's negotiable."

Wanting something different is what landed us BO. 

John, J.B.Williams is just wrong. I was a member of a couple of different groups on Facebook that he was in...sorry, but with the experiences I've had there, I'll never again read or accept anything that man says. Plus - more than one true constitutional scholar has proven him wrong.

Swath, you are spot on. US law is what those in the US go by. And US law tells us Cruz is natural born.

 "Wanting something different is what landed us BO."  Yes, I thought about that when i was writing that....but did we get anything different with BO. Yes, we got more extreme in destroying our nation, but we were already well on the way. GW isn't a liberty loving conservative...he's a killer, just like BO. We are an empire with bases in well over 100 countries. Russia has like 3. Putin is the one that sounds more like a born again christian than any of these fools, but most of us can't see that because we are so blinded with hatred to the Russians. George Washington isn't walking through the door and if he was he'd be labeled a racist extremist even by moderates. The facts are we can't fix the country until we do our job as christians and win more to christ. It is our fault. We teach our kids that the earth is billions of years old, and life came from nothing, and then expect them to come home and be great christians. We bring them to the non denom church and put them in play centers and expect them to know anything about God's word. Kids aren't expected to sit still and listen in church...and if they are parents hand them a cell phone....or they go to kid's church to dumb down the message even more. Most churches i've been to are on about a 3rd grade preaching level. Christians can't grow listening to this dumbed down crud. Church is for saved people...not for winning the lost. Rant over. whew that felt good. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

. Most churches i've been to are on about a 3rd grade preaching level. Christians can't grow listening to this dumbed down crud. Church is for saved people...not for winning the lost. Actually No; Church is for both. See 1 Corinthians 14:24-25 Rant over. whew that felt good. lol

 

Edited by heartstrings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John81 said:

Here is an article attempting to address the OP:

 

AMERICANS ARE VOTING FOR MANHOOD

 

By Coach Dave Daubenmire
March 10, 2016

NewsWithViews.com

I couldn’t put my finger on it until the other night. What is it about The Donald that is engendering so much support?

By all accounts he is, uncouth, petty, and a bastion of other un-biblical behaviors. Yet he is very popular. What is it about Donald Trump that has drawn so many to his side?

Donald Trump is a MAN in a nation where manhood is in very short supply.

His popularity is not about his “conservatism” or his “Christianity.” But, as we saw again last night, in Mississippi of all places…the buckle of the Bible-belt…the Trumpster again won a majority of the evangelical vote.

The South was supposed to be Cruz country…the heart of Christianity where clinging to Bibles and guns is passed through the DNA from one generation to the next. A state where using the name of Jesus is a token of praise rather than an object of damnation… where Ted Cruz values were as common as gumbo and rattlesnakes. The official beverage of Mississippi is milk, for Pete’s sake.

Yet supposed Ted Cruz voters pulled the lever for Donald Trump. Something BIG is going on in America and most people have yet to put their finger on it. Why are “Christians” voting for Donald Trump?

Sweeping the South was the plan that Ted Cruz had drawn up as the path to The White House. Certainly his unashamed Christianity would resonate in the Land of Dixie. The solid-South has been the stronghold of Conservative Christians and their favorite politicians for the past 50 years.

Yet this moderate, some say liberal, from the Northeast was swooping in and sucking up all of the energy…and votes…in this most-religious area of the nation. Rattle them off…Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia, were going solidly for the reality TV star resident of the home base of progressive politicians.

Trump, not Cruz has swept the south. Something HUGE is happening before our very eyes.

Now, before you get yourself into to tizzy, you have to understand that I am not supporting the crude, crass, calloused side of Trump. In fact, many of the things I hear him say make me cringe. But we cannot deny that the things that he does that make American’s queasy are the same things that draw people to him. America is starving for manhood. America is looking for a MAN.

For at least two generations American Christianity has been creating soft men. We see it everywhere we turn. Men that are afraid to offend. Our pulpits are filled with soft weak men. Our “worship leaders” are dainty men with spiked hair and skinny jeans singing sissified songs about an effeminate Savior. Women, and men who act like women, run the average American church.

Americans know we are in trouble and realize our politicians are dainty “men of culture” who use words as weapons in a faux fight against an unrelenting foe. They realize that the last person you would ever call if you were in a street fight would be either a pastor or a politician. In a time when we need a John the Baptist we get Joel Osteen.

Trump is a bit rough on the edges and he may not be up-to-snuff on all of the social graces expected in our political leaders, but he oozes manhood…not Biblical manhood…but secular manhood. We like a little grit in our champions.

The Christians in the South have analyzed the situation that is confronting this nation and although they would like their President to be someone who shares their values, their belief in God, and their quiet faith, they realize that the times demand a warrior…someone to stand and fight against the thieves who are stealing this nation.

Trump makes women feel safe. Trump says what the average Christian man is thinking. They are sick of PC America and pastors and politicians too cowardly to speak the truth. They see The Donald as a man who doesn't bend to pressure and doesn't need their approval.

American’s are looking for a fighter. Donald Trump, as crass and harsh as he is has proven that he will not roll over when attacked. They are sick of compromise. They look in the pulpits and they look at the politicians and they see nothing but capitulation. Let's all get along types.

America is not electing a king or a pastor and because they are so disgusted they are ready to roll the dice on a gambler from Atlantic City.

“Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Kill ‘em all and let God sort it out.” Americans are voting for a return to the days of straight shooters like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne.

Masculinity is making a comeback in America. It is no more complicated than that. Now, all we need is pastors with a spine and we may be able to save America.

© 2016 Dave Daubenmire - All Rights Reserved

Proverbs 18:23 The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.

 

Donald Trump can afford to say whatever he feels like saying. Just because you say whatever you want, do whatever you want, drink and cuss, sleep around and shoot'em-up like "John Wayne" and "Clint Eastwood" while having no real principles, doesn't make you a man...not the Biblical model of one anyway.

 

Here's one spiritual application for that Proverbs 18:23 verse too, BTW:  A person who is "poor in spirit" can humbly preach the Gospel, in it's simplicity,  preach against the dangers of sin and the love of Jesus with TEARS in his eyes and compassion in his heart, and draw people to Jesus. A "rich" one, on the other hand, can brag about how he "preaches the Bible" while spending too much time of it on talking about how those liberals down the street don't, and pridefully use a lot of fancy, supposedly "deep" stuff, or "skin folks alive" with NO compassion and do far more harm than good. I've seen it both ways, and I'll take the former any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Proverbs 18:23 The poor useth intreaties; but the rich answereth roughly.

 

Donald Trump can afford to say whatever he feels like saying. Just because you say whatever you want, do whatever you want, drink and cuss, sleep around and shoot'em-up like "John Wayne" and "Clint Eastwood" while having no real principles, doesn't make you a man...not the Biblical model of one anyway.

 

Here's one spiritual application for that Proverbs 18:23 verse too, BTW:  A person who is "poor in spirit" can humbly preach the Gospel, in it's simplicity,  preach against the dangers of sin and the love of Jesus with TEARS in his eyes and compassion in his heart, and draw people to Jesus. A "rich" one, on the other hand, can brag about how he "preaches the Bible" while spending too much time of it on talking about how those liberals down the street don't, and pridefully use a lot of fancy, supposedly "deep" stuff, or "skin folks alive" with NO compassion and do far more harm than good. I've seen it both ways, and I'll take the former any day.

If you notice, the man who wrote the article noted Trump wasn't representing biblical manhood.

That aside, how many folks on here have said time and again we aren't electing a pastor. That's also a broad consensus across the land outside of OB. This is how they argued for Christians to support McCain, Romney and others.

Thomas Jefferson, considered one of the best presidents, not only denied Christ, he evicerated the New Testament, cutting out anything to do with the deity of Jesus, all miracles, and other points he disagreed with. He then declared what was left was good.

If we examine the actual lives of most past presidents, including those looked up to by Republicans, conservatives and Christians, there was a whole lot of foul talking, drinking of booze, lying, personal attacking, and a host of other sinfulness in their lives.

As someone above mentioned, George Washington would be found unacceptable today (as would Ronald Reagan and others, as pointed out elsewhere). Today poor George would come under fire for his Masonic connections, his booze business, his slave labor, his stances on the Constitution, views on central vs State government, etc.

There is no perfect (not even close) candidate running. Whoever wins will not remove America from the path of destruction she's been traveling for a long time now.

Christians taking a close look at Acts and the Epistles and actually giving their all to Christ is the only thing that may turn America off that wicked path. Short of revival and/or awakening, America is doomed to the fate of other previously predominate Christian nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Church is for saved people...not for winning the lost. 

Off the OP but curious where on earth you got this idea from?

Study Acts in full but in particular chapter 2. The first church is the example church friend.

Instead of selling cheap head acknowledgement on the street and porches, get them under conviction to come and hear all the Gospel with power so the Spirit can work. We are to go into the highways and hedges and compel them to do what? say a few heartless words on the street? NO. We are to compel them to come in that His house is full.

 

 

Edited by wretched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Quick question: IF Cruz wins the Republican nomination and it comes down to him or Hillary, are y'all going to vote for Cruz? Or will you stay home, or vote for some independent to make it easier for Hillary to win?

Edited by heartstrings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention; remember the term "bandwagon" propaganda? Maybe they call it something else now. Anyway, I wonder of that is the purpose the "polls" serve:  "look who is winning.... you should follow him too". Because they know a lot of people tend to follow the herd.

Edited by heartstrings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

 Quick question: IF Cruz wins the Republican nomination and it comes down to him or Hillary, are y'all going to vote for Cruz? Or will you stay home, or vote for some independent to make it easier for Hillary to win?

CRUZ all the way. We must defeat the demoncrats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Mr. Williams is wrong.  Canadian laws on immigration do not affect our immigration laws with regards to citizenship.  We were taught in grade school that if you are born to American parents in a foreign country you are considered a natural born citizen.  See 3a.

Yes

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/01/reports-lawsuit-challenging-ted-cruzs-eligibility-/

Edited by heartstrings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted Cruz Citizenship

 

1. U.S. Department Of State

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/events-and-records/birth.html

Birth of U.S. Citizens Abroad

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met.  The child’s parents should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (CRBA) to document that the child is a U.S. citizen. If the U.S. embassy or consulate determines that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, a consular officer will approve the CRBA application and the Department of State will issue a CRBA, also called a Form FS-240, in the child’s name.

According to U.S. law, a CRBA is proof of U.S. citizenship and may be used to obtain a U.S. passport and register for school, among other purposes.

The child’s parents may choose to apply for a U.S. passport for the child at the same time that they apply for a CRBA. Parents may also choose to apply only for a U.S. passport for the child. Like a CRBA, a full validity, unexpired U.S. passport is proof of U.S. citizenship.

Parents of a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen or citizens should apply for a CRBA and/or a U.S. passport for the child as soon as possible. Failure to promptly document a child who meets the statutory requirements for acquiring U.S. citizenship at birth may cause problems for the parents and the child when attempting to establish the child’s U.S. citizenship and eligibility for the rights and benefits of U.S. citizenship, including entry into the United States. By law, U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States.

2. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/A4en.pdf

 

I was born overseas. I believe I was a U.S. citizen at birth because one or both my parents were U.S. citizens when I was born. But my birth and citizenship were not registered with the U.S. Embassy when I was born. Can I apply to have my citizenship recognized? Whether or not someone born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent is a U.S. citizen depends on the law in effect when the person was born. These laws have changed over the years, but usually require a combination of the parent being a U.S. citizen when the child was born, and the parent having lived in the United States or its possessions for a specific period of time. Derivative citizenship can be quite complex and may require careful legal analysis.

3. U.S. State Department

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality.html

Advice about Possible Loss of U.S. Nationality and Dual Nationality

The Department of State is responsible for determining the nationality status of a person located outside the United States or in connection with the application for a U.S. passport while in the United States.  Section 101(a)(22) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) states that “the term ‘national of the United States’ means (A) a citizen of the United States, or (B) a person who, though not a citizen of the United States, owes permanent allegiance to the United States.”  Therefore, U.S. citizens are also U.S. nationals.  Non-citizen nationality status refers only to individuals who were born either in American Samoa or on Swains Island to parents who are not citizens of the United States. 

 

Potentially Expatriating Acts

Section 349 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1481), as amended, states that U.S. nationals are subject to loss of nationality if they perform certain specified acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. nationality. Briefly stated, these acts include:

  1. obtaining naturalization in a foreign state upon one's own application after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);

  2. taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or its political subdivisions after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);

  3. entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the United States or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);

  4. accepting employment with a foreign government after the age of 18 if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);

  5. formally renouncing U.S. nationality before a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);

  6. formally renouncing U.S. nationality within the United States (The Department of Homeland Security is responsible for implementing this section of the law) (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);

  7. conviction for an act of treason against the Government of the United States or for attempting to force to overthrow the Government of the United States (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA).

 

Dual Nationality

Dual nationality means that a person is a national of two countries.  A person who is a dual national owes allegiance to both countries.  Dual nationality can occur as the result of a variety of circumstances. The automatic acquisition or retention of a foreign nationality, acquired, for example, by birth in a foreign country or through an alien parent, does not affect U.S. nationality.  U.S. law does not require a person to choose one nationality over the other. It is prudent, however, to check with authorities of the other country to see if dual nationality is permissible under local law. Dual nationality can also occur when a person is naturalized in a foreign state without intending to relinquish U.S. nationality and is thereafter found not to have lost U.S. nationality: the individual consequently may possess dual nationality. The U.S. Government does not encourage dual nationality. While recognizing the existence of dual nationality and permitting Americans to have other nationalities, the U.S. Government also recognizes the problems which it may cause. Claims of other countries upon U.S. dual-nationals often place them in situations where their obligations to one country are in conflict with the laws of the other. In addition, their dual nationality may hamper efforts of the U.S. Government to provide consular protection to them when they are abroad, especially when they are in the country of their second nationality.

3. Dallas Morning News

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20130818-canada-born-ted-cruz-became-a-citizen-of-that-country-as-well-as-u.s..ece


Published: 18 August 2013 11:04 PM  Updated: 19 August 2013 03:51 PM

For the first time, Cruz released his birth certificate Friday in response to inquiries from The Dallas Morning News.

Dated a month after his birth on Dec. 22, 1970, it shows that Rafael Edward Cruz was born to Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, a “geophysical consultant” born in Matanzas, Cuba, and the former Eleanor Elizabeth Wilson, born in Wilmington, Del.

Her status made the baby a U.S. citizen at birth. For that, U.S. law required at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen who had lived for at least a decade in the United States.

She registered his birth with the U.S. consulate, Frazier said, and the future senator received a U.S. passport in 1986 ahead of a high school trip to England.

 

4. U.S. State Department

Passport Requirements: What It Takes to Get an American Passport

1. You must be a U.S. citizen or non-citizen national.

Passports are only issued to applicants who possess U.S. citizenship or are non-citizen nationals. Frequently, we receive emails from green card holders wanting to know how they can apply for a U.S. passport. This is not possible unless they go through the process of becoming naturalized citizens of the United States first. U.S. citizenship must be proved in order to get a United States passport unless the person is a non-citizen national.

What is a non-citizen national? Not a surprising question given the fact that non-citizen nationals are rare. Section 308 Immigration and Nationality Act confers U.S. nationality but not U.S. citizenship on persons born in or having ties with "an outlying possession of the United States." The outlying possessions are defined as American Samoa and Swains Island. Also, children born abroad to two non-citizen nationals or to one alien parent and one non-citizen national parent are eligible for non-citizen national status. This is so rare that the State Department does not even issue a certificate for it. Non-citizen nationals are delineated as such in their passports.

5. CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/politics/ted-cruz-canada-citizenship/

"Because I was a U.S. citizen at birth, because I left Calgary when I was 4 and have lived my entire life since then in the U.S., and because I have never taken affirmative steps to claim Canadian citizenship, I assumed that was the end of the matter," Cruz said at the time.

Then he took immediate steps to renounce his Canadian citizenship.

Well, that process was formally completed last month, and he received a letter in the mail this week telling him so, the newspaper reported Tuesday.

"This is to certify that the person named above has formally renounced Canadian citizenshp and pursuant to the Citizenship Act will cease to be a citizen on" May 14, 2014, the letter read.

6. Huffington

Also, if there is any further evidence required that Ted Cruz has US Citizenship, consider the report below. If anyone would seek to discredit a conservative republican, running for president, everyone must agree the following website would.”
Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-van-buren/ted-cruz-is-a-natural-bor_b_8930752.html              01/08/2016 12:03 pm ET | Updated Jan 08, 2016

I believe the above is why Mr. trump has curtailed further comment about Cruz's citizenship. I hope this puts to rest any who may desire to play ‘devil’s advocate’ on the matter of Cruz's citizenship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious as to why people and things Cruz is involved with, that other candidates and individual Christians have been called out for, are not an issue with Cruz. What is the counter-balance that offsets these for Cruz but not other candidates and Christians in general?

Cruz married a Seventh Day Adventist

Cruz says he agrees with his dad's preaching, and his dad preaches dominionism

Cruz has embraced and defended the endorsement of others involved in dominionism, as well as Charismatics and New Apostolic Reformation

Cruz has many advisers and staff from the neo-con Bush camp (which Cruz claims to stand against) and has recently been adding more

Those are just a few of the points that I'm having a hard time understanding why such are targets against other candidates and even Christians in general, yet not a factor when it comes to Cruz.

I've asked people in person about this and they immediately get defensive, try to avoid the question, attack other candidates (mostly Trump these days), get so emotional they make no sense.

One man, a local Christian and friend, literally turned red in the face that I even asked him, expressed his anger and then spoke for 20 minutes about things he doesn't like about Donald Trump (even though he knows I'm well aware of Trumps many negatives and the fact talking about Trump doesn't answer any of the questions).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John81 said:

I'm curious as to why people and things Cruz is involved with, that other candidates and individual Christians have been called out for, are not an issue with Cruz. What is the counter-balance that offsets these for Cruz but not other candidates and Christians in general?

Cruz married a Seventh Day Adventist  

 

Heidi Cruz

Personal life

Marriage

Nelson met Ted Cruz while the two were working together on George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign.[1][83] Ted later admitted to being embarrassed over taking two days to ask her out. Friends and colleagues of Heidi say that she is an intellectual equal to Cruz. Heidi married Ted on May 27, 2001.[12][84][85]She now shares her husband's religious affiliation.[86][87]   source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Cruz

Cruz says he agrees with his dad's preaching, and his dad preaches dominionism 

Cruz has embraced and defended the endorsement of others involved in dominionism, as well as Charismatics and New Apostolic Reformation

I think Happy Christian has already adequately addressed that.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious as to why some people don't understand Cruz is not God's perfection on earth? No, I'm serious!

It's almost as if they want to throw the election by 'shaming' Christians into either voting for someone claimed to have 'perfection' or staying home and not voting at all. Maybe they're actually satisfied with Obama and Hillary or Bernie. Maybe they could devote more time finding dirt on the far left since they seem to have so much time to spend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Psalm 5:11-12

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I'm curious as to why some people don't understand Cruz is not God's perfection on earth? .Don't recall seeing where anyone even implied that he was. No, I'm serious!

It's almost as if they want to throw the election by 'shaming' Christians into either voting for someone claimed to have 'perfection' or staying home and not voting at all. Don't recall anyone doing that either. Maybe they're actually satisfied with Obama and Hillary or Bernie. You know that is false Maybe they could devote more time finding dirt on the far left since they seem to have so much time to spend.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John81 said:

Psalm 5:11-12

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Job 36:3  

 

I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.

 

Isaiah 64:6  

 

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

10 hours ago, heartstrings said:

 

10 hours ago, heartstrings said:

I'm curious as to why some people don't understand Cruz is not God's perfection on earth? .Don't recall seeing where anyone even implied that he was. No, I'm serious!

It's almost as if they want to throw the election by 'shaming' Christians into either voting for someone claimed to have 'perfection' or staying home and not voting at all. Don't recall anyone doing that either. Maybe they're actually satisfied with Obama and Hillary or Bernie. You know that is false Maybe they could devote more time finding dirt on the far left since they seem to have so much time to spend.

1 Samuel 16:7   But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

  2 Corinthians 10:7   Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praise God for His holy Word! What a blessing to know we will one day be with Christ, free from sin, our eyes and understanding opened.

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 2 Peter 1:4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Job 36:3  

 

 

 

 

I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.

 

 

 

 

Isaiah 64:6  

 

 

 

 

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

 

 

1 Samuel 16:7   But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

 

 

  2 Corinthians 10:7   Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

 

 

Someone's appearance is the last thing I evaluate when determining their character. I look at past deeds even more than the things they are saying now: I want to know their track record. So, with political candidates, on key thing I look at is their VOTING records if they have been a legislator because one good way to "see" a man;s heart is to look at his fruits. Ted Cruz has a very good voting record. And although I'm not much of a judge on the looks of GUYS, Ted seems to have the "outward appearance" of one of the Munsters. But I promise not to hold that against him. :) 

670e954826a3bbd7ae42df2f26dbb3d3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Past deeds and voting records are important to look at but only tell a partial picture. Many politicians pad their voting resume by voting for things they know will get them votes from their constituents but which they know has no chance of passing. It can look brave to be one of the few voting for or against what the majority are voting otherwise on when in reality that candidate agrees with the majority vote but needs to appear otherwise.

Men change their positions and viewpoints often. Ronald Reagan spent most of his life as a Democrat but changed to Republican. Some who used to be pro-life are now pro-abortion and vice-versa. Some engage in years of pre-marital sex but eventually marry and are faithful. Some are solid spouses for decades and then they delve into adultery.

Some of us were once vile sinners but are now repentant and saved.

I know a woman who from her teens to her early 30s was a heavy drinker and sexual sinner. She met a man who actually cared for her, not what he could get from her, married him, gave up the booze and has been a faithful wife to him for over two decades.

As Scripture says, "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2:11

When it's all said and done, we can't fully know, and this even more-so with those we "know" only from a distance and by bits of information. Even given our best efforts our judgment will be flawed so best to look at all we can, ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance, and pray we follow the Lord's lead and not our own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2016 at 0:35 PM, wretched said:

Unfortunately at this time, Trump is the only chance the country has to correct the downward spiral of the Obama-nation currently in office IMO.

Any other republican regardless of who, stands no chance to defeat Hillary in November.

If Hillary gets in, kiss your freedom to serve Christ goodbye along with every other freedom you still enjoy.

Whatever peeves us about Trump has to take a back seat at this point in history. Make no mistake, this country and our way of life cannot survive Hillary or Sanders not after that obamanation has already turned right to wrong and up to down and has inflicted serious damage setting us on a path to self destruction.

Would Cruz be a more Godly example and leader, probably but that ain't the point folks. Cruz has no chance against Hillary or even sanders.

Trump has awakened over 50% of the voting eligible public. These are people who have rarely if ever voted simply because they hate and distrust all politicians.

If Trump isn't given the nod, then that huge, overwhelming voter base will simply go back to sleep and Hillary will win...mark my words

 

 

Interesting.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched many video clips today where people admitted that their tickets AND time had been paid for by the  "black lives matter" movement, and they were told to go and disrupt the Trump rallies!
These people do not understand what socialism really is, they are being misled by "free" handouts. 
They can't even understand that they are being used as pawns to disrupt freedom of speech with violence and rioting.
Sure they SAY they believe in freedom of speech (but it's apparent that they only want freedom of speech for themselves and NOT for any opposing viewpoints).
They have the right to protest, but they do not have the right to illegally block roadways, and to go inside rallies to disrupt free speech.

I was truly shocked when today I heard both Rubio and Cruz come out and BLAME Mr. Trump for what happened in Chicago yesterday, as well as in Montgomery County, Ohio today!
If these same "black lives matters" protesters came to a Rubio or Cruz rally to disrupt it (with illegal activities and violence), would they then blame themselves for the melee that would follow?
Certainly anyone attacked had the right to defend themselves, yet Rubio and Cruz are spinning this as if his (Trump's) supporters are who "started it"!?!
Nonsense and shame on them!

I had really been thinking Cruz was a man of integrity up until this day.
Yes, I was concerned about his "dominionism" past.
But I had been hoping he would pull ahead of Trump because I thought he had more Christian values, and aligned more with my own beliefs.
But after today, it's apparent to me, that if he can blame Trump for those who came against him, and those paid off "black lives matters" who disrupted the free speech rally, then I think the man has little discernment of the reality of the situation.
And the mud-slinging has landed back in his own face today.
I wonder how he will spin it when those same "black lives matters" (or any liberal group) comes to disrupt HIS rallies???
Can Cruz beat Hilary or Bernie come November? After today, and after seeing how out of touch with reality he is... I doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxBp4IFe_I
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • By mattbennett
      Hello all, I've been working to expand my client base as a freelance web developer and just wanted your help to spread the word! I freelance for both backend and frontend projects focusing my efforts on the WordPress CMS. Working in this fashion gives me the freedom to serve the Lord in my family's music ministry and in our local Church. If you or someone that you know is in need of support and service on the web, please have them contact me.  Visit BennettWebsites.com (for Church related projects) and EasyWebsite.Support (for business related projects). Thanks!  - Matt
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

×
×
  • Create New...