• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why are Christians voting for Donald Trump?

• Administrators

I'm sorry, Ronda, but there was no subversion of the will of the people.That is a falsehood put out by Trump and his supporters after Trump lost the delegates.  As to angry Coloradans...that Larry guy has already been proven to be a liar. I don't know of anyone else who's honestly claimed they were shafted. I do know a number of people who actually live in CO, though, who have let people know that there was nothing untoward about what happened.

Here is Ari Armstrong with what actually happened:

http://ariarmstrong.com/2016/04/setting-the-record-straight-about-colorados-republican-caucus/

"That said, a lot of people seem to have some pretty wild misundertandings about what happened with the straw poll. So I’ll do my best to summarize what happened. In previous years, Colorado Republicans held a non-binding straw poll at the precinct caucuses. This had nothing to do with the selection of delegates to the national Republican convention, but it expressed the preference of those Republicans who attended their caucuses.

But, for this year, the national party (for reasons unknown to me) said that we could not have a non-binding poll; if we had a poll it had to be binding. So the state party decided not to have a poll at all. People are welcome to read the explanation for all this by Steve House, the state chair of the GOP (who, incidentally, won his position as an “outsider” who unseated the prior “establishment” chair). For what it’s worth, I think House’s reasons for dropping the poll are pretty good ones.

Anyway, without the non-binding poll—which didn’t actually select any delegates—Colorado Republicans selected delegates to the national convention the same way they have before, through the caucus system. Incidentally, according to Wikipedia, Colorado’s caucus system was first instituted in 1912 “as a way to limit the power of party bosses and to attract more grassroots involvement,” then replaced by a primary in 1992, then restored in 2002 through 2004.

Unsurprisingly, John Frank’s articles about all this for the Denver Post are sensationalistic, designed more to inflame people and to draw eyes to the paper’s web site than to enlighten readers with the relevant facts put in context. (I think it’s a little humorous how many of Trump’s supporters totally mistrust the media—except when it spins things their way.)

A completely fair headline of what happened this year would have been, “Colorado Republicans Select Presidential Delegates the Same Way They Did Last Time.” But the reality of the situation is so much more boring than the trumped up version of it."

The only thing cancelled was a non-binding straw poll because the federal GOP was trying to force the state to change it to a binding one. Straw polls are supposed to simply be an indicator of how folks MIGHT vote. CO did the right thing - the constitutional thing - in not allowing the national party to dictate how their votes were going to be decided.

A caucus was held (rather than a primary). People voted. Actually 65,000 of 'em. That's not subversion. We need to take care not to get caught up in the hysteria that the media and the progressives are trying to trap us in. CO is just one example of it happening.

• Members

This information has all been checked, then double checked... it is  100% Correct.

That's why there is such an alarm within US government, since Trump's statement about temporary suspension of migration of Muslims to US till US authorities make sure there is a proper concept of safe penetration of US territory!

People are stunned to learn that the head of the U.S. CIA is a Muslim!Do hope this wakes up some!Until it hits you like a ton of bricks read it again, until you understand!

We now have a Muslim government!

John Brennan, current head of the CIA converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi Arabia.

Obama's top adviser, Valerie Jarrett, is a Muslim who was born in Iran where her parents still live.

Hillary Clinton's top adviser, Huma Abedin is a Muslim, whose mother and brother are still involved in the now outlawed Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt!

Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for Homeland Security, Arif Aikhan, is a Muslim

Homeland Security Adviser, Mohammed Elibiary, is a Muslim

Obama adviser and founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, Salam al-Marayati, is a Muslim.

Obama's Sharia Czar, Imam Mohamed Magid, of the Islamic Society of North America is a Muslim .

Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships, Eboo Patel, is a Muslim .

Nancy Pelosi announced she will appoint Rep Andre Carson, D-Ind, a Muslim , as the first Muslim lawmaker on the House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, of all things! It would make Carson the first Muslim to serve on the committee that receives intelligence on the threat of Islamic militants in the Middle East! He has suggested that U.S. schools should be modeled after Islamic madrassas, where education is based on the Quran!!!

It's questionable if Obama ever officially took the oath of office when he was sworn in. He did not repeat the oath properly to defend our nation and our Constitution. Later the Democrats claimed he was given the oath again, in private. Yeah, right.

CIA director John Brennan took his oath on a copy of the Constitution, not a Bible??

Valarie Jarret wrote her college thesis on how she wanted to change America into a Muslim friendly nation and she is a Obama top advisor!

Congressman, Keith Ellison took his oath on a copy of the Qur'an, NOT the Bible!

Conservative Congresswoman Michele Bachman, R-MN, was vilified and verbally tarred and feathered by Democrats when she voiced her concern about Muslims taking over our government!

Considering all these appointments, it would explain why Obama and his minions are systematically destroying our nation, supporting radical Muslim groups worldwide, opening our southern border, and turning a blind eye to the genocide being perpetrated on Christians all over Africa and the Middle East!

The more damage Obama does, the more arrogant he's become!

Our nation and our government has been infiltrated by people who want to destroy us! It can only get worse!

In his book Obama said, "if it comes down to it, I will side with the Muslims".

Common sense doesn't grow in everyone’s garden!

**pasted from an email I received

Edited by wretched

• Members
9 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

LOL. Trump's statement came AFTER Cruz and Paul. Yes - we need to get the muslims out of there. But Trump isn't going to do it. He's still buddies with his muslim business partners...

I don't doubt that HC.

It is looking more and more like a brokered convention and none of the campaigning candidates will be picked.

The GOP doesn't like either Trump or Cruz so who knows who they will give the nod to.

• Administrators

I believe Ted will win a brokered convention. He's planned for all contingencies, and is winning delegates who will vote for him in the second ballot. Best  case would be to win the 1237 in the primaries, but I agree - that isn't going to happen with either of them. I don't believe Trump will win the first ballot, since he won't have the 1237. And I know he won't win the second.

I know the GOP doesn't like either of them - Trump because they know Hillary or Bernie will take him, Cruz because he exposes their lack of adherence to the Constitution. They have floated the idea of another candidate, but I think they see that flaming out.

• Members

Most potential voters aren't paying enough attention to even realize many of their votes don't count and many more may not count down the line. They also fail to grasp that two political parties have grown to the point where they dominate the election process. This virtually ensures these two parties continued dominate control as both work together to keep "outside" candidates from running or having a chance to win. The system is heavily rigged to favor the Democrat and Republican Parties and also rigged to favor the elites in the parties to control who wins or loses elections.

Thanks to a colluding media, most of the actual way election results come about are little known.

Little wonder that no matter who sits in the White House or controls congress, this country has gone from bad to worse over the course of our lives.

• Administrators

Just a little FYI in reference to the CO decision: Hawaii's delegates are done the SAME way. Drumpf won in Hawaii. Where were the accusations of fraud then? Not there. Because Drumpf only accuses when he loses. That's what narcissists do. 

http://dcgazette.com/2016/hypocrite-trumps-hawaii-win/

• Members

One thing is definitely sure and that is it won't be Cruz or Trump selected at a contested convention.

Trump because he is an outsider that would reinvent Washington.

Cruz because he stands for the morals of the Bible more than anyone else in the legislative branch (that is readily reported on anyway).

My guess is it will be Bush.

• Administrators

We'll see. The delegates do the voting. And more and more of them are aligning with Cruz. 

(and, actually, it isn't the media's fault that folks don't know how election results come about...it's the fault  of each individual who doesn't take the time to find out how it happens)

• Members
  • Members

Just noticed this recommendation by Phyllis Schafly for Donald Trump. Phyllis Schafly has been a great leader in the Conservative Political Movement and I highly respect her opinions. 

If you listen to her short thoughts you may understand why some saints are behind Donald Trump.

• Administrators

Her endorsement was a big disappointment (and let's remember that the majority of Eagle Forum leaders endorsed Cruz). Not just because I like Cruz. But because she has always been a staunch defender of liberty.  And I have to wonder now, with Drumpf showing some of his true colors, if she's regretting it. I think others are. Knowing she endorsed him does not clarify to me how any Christian can support a man who has bragged about being a whoremonger, has been unfaithful to two of his wives, is pro-abortion (no matter what he says now), etc. No, I don't put any candidate I vote for on a pedestal. But I won't vote for someone who has the morals of an alleycat. Even if he were a constitutionalist (which Drumpf is not).