• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why are Christians voting for Donald Trump?

• Members
4 hours ago, John81 said:

Are there many candidate signs in your area for the primaries?

Trump rules the sign contest where I live. Other than his multitude of signs, I've seen only one other sign...for Cruz.

Hence my previous post that Christians will vote for Trump to please their flesh. Not only do the signs attest to this, but the myriad of Facebook posts that I saw (before I recently deleted my account) coming from Christians were for Trump...and their reasoning was fleshly and worldly. So, regardless of Critcal Mass/ASongOfDegrees/Wilchbla's protest toward me, I was speaking what I know to be truth...and I don't believe that Christians voting for Trump to please their flesh in confined only to my area. 

• Members
On 3/6/2016 at 5:09 AM, Ronda said:

I agree with "HappyChrisitan" on this. I hate to come right out and disagree with someone, but brother "John Young" I have to say I disagree with you on Kasich competely.   I live in Ohio (Kasich's state) and no, I would NOT say that he knows how to "run a state", unless it's to run it right into the ground. He is by far one of the most liberal republicans there is on many issues. My opinion is that he leans so far to the left he's fallen over in the mud.  I was SO relieved to see Kasich falling so far behind, but now I am concerned that someone will select him as vice pres. running mate. That's going to be a hard pill to swallow if he ends up (with whichever) of the candidates who makes it as nominee selected to run for presidency as VP... I hope that does not happen. Had to add my 2 cents :twocents: (nothing personal against you, brother John Young).

Not a problem Ronda. I agree with you. Kasich is not the best option but in comparison with the candidates that is just my personal ranking if I had to vote for some one other then Cruz. I personally liked Huckabee but now that he is out I'll settle for Cruz.

• Members
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Trump rules the sign contest where I live. Other than his multitude of signs, I've seen only one other sign...for Cruz.

Hence my previous post that Christians will vote for Trump to please their flesh. Not only do the signs attest to this, but the myriad of Facebook posts that I saw (before I recently deleted my account) coming from Christians were for Trump...and their reasoning was fleshly and worldly. So, regardless of Critcal Mass/ASongOfDegrees/Wilchbla's protest toward me, I was speaking what I know to be truth...and I don't believe that Christians voting for Trump to please their flesh in confined only to my area. 

Most postings I've seen on Facebook and Twitter, by Christians and others, are for Trump. A few here and there for Cruz. Earlier on there were some for Paul and Bush but not that many, about the same as for Cruz now.

It seems odd to me there are not signs all over like usual (around here). I even drove past homes I know that are those of Christians and Republicans, those who typically have a yard full of signs, but not a single sign.

Most of those who bother to try and post a reason for their support of Trump on the social media sites I've read they do indeed intend to vote based upon emotion, with a few saying they are voting Trump because he's not a politician.

• Members
1 hour ago, John81 said:

Most postings I've seen on Facebook and Twitter, by Christians and others, are for Trump. A few here and there for Cruz. Earlier on there were some for Paul and Bush but not that many, about the same as for Cruz now.

It seems odd to me there are not signs all over like usual (around here). I even drove past homes I know that are those of Christians and Republicans, those who typically have a yard full of signs, but not a single sign.

Most of those who bother to try and post a reason for their support of Trump on the social media sites I've read they do indeed intend to vote based upon emotion, with a few saying they are voting

Not here. Most of my Facebook friends I've noticed, who have real Christian standards, are for Ted Cruz. On the other hand some of my Facebook friends, my own uncle for one, will post foul cursewords in one post, things about Christianity in the next, then things supporting Trump. In the words of one visiting evangelist at my church Trump "wouldn't know God if he met him in the middle of the road" and i'm thinking many of his supporters are likewise. IMO the reason people are putting their trust in Trump is MONEY. They think this billionaire can put more money in their pockets by fixing the economy. But the economy isn't America's  or government's #1 priority.

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

I just saw on both Facebook and Twitter that some are claiming American Christians have shown themselves to be lacking in discernment, not as Christian as they claim, and according to some they are also racist for not giving their support to Ben Carson.

Never mind Carson's "Christianity" is of the Seventh Day Adventist sort...or any other actual facts out there.

• Members

Real christian standards huh? For a politician?

This level of naivety is what has lost the last two elections to the reprobates (un-changeably removed from God). Everybody wants to joke about hillary with no thought to what hillary means, or sanders.

Keep up this naivety and kiss your last freedoms goodbye and have your daughters go potty with grow men perverts disguised as women watching them. And you: mom or dad will be jailed for complaining about it.

Turn your legally owned guns into nationwide confiscation. Open your front doors to muslim raptists. Get your last dime stolen from you by the dems to provide free everything to the flood of illegals (mexican and muslim)

I can go on and on but hey you folks gotta keep this delusion that there is a real born again politician running for president.

If trump doesn't get the nod your way of life is completely over within 3 years.

And don't think for a second it will usher in the rapture. I doubt if America is more than a footnote in God's History.

Think about it

Edited by wretched

• Administrators

Disagree, Wretched. I believe if "everything's negotiable" Trump gets the nod we'll be in trouble. His history shows that he is not to be trusted. And his flip-flopping is like a fish out of water. Because he believes that everything is negotiable.

Ronda, I don't disagree with the bulk of what you said, but I stand by what I said about women being emotional creatures. One word proves it: hormones. :D

John - Chicago would go to Trump, anyway. There are some constitutional Republicans there, but by and large they are progressive. Ditka notwithstanding. As for signs: I've seen two. One for Trump and one for Bernie. Around here, there are never very many signs.

• Members
10 hours ago, wretched said:

Real christian standards huh? For a politician?

This level of naivety is what has lost the last two elections to the reprobates (un-changeably removed from God). Everybody wants to joke about hillary with no thought to what hillary means, or sanders.

Keep up this naivety and kiss your last freedoms goodbye and have your daughters go potty with grow men perverts disguised as women watching them. And you: mom or dad will be jailed for complaining about it.

Turn your legally owned guns into nationwide confiscation. Open your front doors to muslim raptists. Get your last dime stolen from you by the dems to provide free everything to the flood of illegals (mexican and muslim)

I can go on and on but hey you folks gotta keep this delusion that there is a real born again politician running for president.

If trump doesn't get the nod your way of life is completely over within 3 years.

And don't think for a second it will usher in the rapture. I doubt if America is more than a footnote in God's History.

Think about it

While I agree with some of this, and perhaps the overall bigger premise, some of this sounds like the same hyperbole which has come from both sides for decades now. Liberals have claimed Reagan or Bush in the White House would be the end of Roe v Wade, bring about national Jim Crow laws, turn women barefoot and pregnant, cause all the arctic ice to melt, kill all the polar bears, flood the coasts, pollution would fill the skies and we'd be like 1970.

On the other side much of what you said above was said of Clinton and Obama, along with claims each would declare martial law, stay in office, confiscate all the guns, open the borders and turn America into a global nation (never mind Republicans have been behind efforts at globalization).

At some point some of these things will probably transpire. More likely, they will continue for some time as they have with the more gradual degradation of constitutional rights and freedoms.

I do agree, better Trump than Hillary. If Trump wins he best be very careful and recall what has happened to previous presidents who dared try and thwart the powers behind the curtain.

In the final analysis, regardless of who sits in the White House, God will still be in control and His will and plan shall be done.

8 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I don't know...it might be worth Trump winning just to hear him say...

Obama...you're fired! 

:nuts:

That would become a part of national history perhaps worth the risk!

• Members
24 minutes ago, John81 said:

If Trump wins he best be very careful and recall what has happened to previous presidents who dared try and thwart the powers behind the curtain.

In the final analysis, regardless of who sits in the White House, God will still be in control and His will and plan shall be done.

Truth be told it has mostly been people like Trump who have been the "power behind the curtain". The only reason he and people like him do anything is to bluster their business. In the past he has supported whomever was good for him. Presently that is himself as the contestant of the ultimate reality show and Trump advertising/propaganda campaign. If people were voting their Christian principles they would not be voting for Trump in the primaries. Don't vote for Trump as if he was already the nominee but vote for a righteous principled constitutionalist like Cruz instead. Afterwards, when the true nominee of the people is selected, (be it Cruz or Trump) then we can worry about "beating Hilary".

Edited by John Young