• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

On Heels of Mark Driscoll’s New Church Opening, Seattle Times Reports: “Racketeering suit claims Mark Driscoll misused Mars Hill donor dollars”

• Members

On Heels of Mark Driscoll’s New Church Opening, Seattle Times Reports: “Racketeering suit claims Mark Driscoll misused Mars Hill donor dollars”

By Nina Shapiro Seattle Times staff reporter Mark Driscoll may have moved on to a new city and a new church, but he faces the sharpest demand yet to account for his actions at Mars Hill Church. On Monday, four former Mars Hill members filed a civil racketeering lawsuit against Driscoll, charging that the once […]

The post On Heels of Mark Driscoll’s New Church Opening, Seattle Times Reports: “Racketeering suit claims Mark Driscoll misused Mars Hill donor dollars” appeared first on .

View the full article

• Members

Mark Driscoll, and the other charlatans in our age, are in the ministry for fame and fortune, i.e. filthy lucre. And, at the Judgment Seat (either the Judgment Seat of Christ or the Great White Throne of Judgment as I am not sure of their salvation), they will be more harshly judged than the lost who never heard.

Matthew 23:19, Woe unto you, scribes, Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour your widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."   

Edited by Alan
deleted repeated word

• Members

There are many such around and unfortunately even some actual Christians get deceived and misled by such.

This last Sunday our pastor gave a warning about Rob Bell (he's done so before but it seems this guy keeps resurfacing). Apparently Bell recently did an interview with Oprah and basically said Christians are wrong and will not survive if we keep sticking to 2,000 year old letters to guide us. Our pastor also reminded us Bell's popular book on hell is full of heresy yet many Christians are still falling for this.

I appreciate when pastors and Christian publications point out the name of those spreading false teachings. One thing that really irks me is when a pastor will say something like, "there is a preacher/ministry that's spreading this and that false teaching and people need to be careful about this but I'm not going to say their name". What kind of warning is that?

To the OP topic of Mark Driscoll, he should have been marked easily with his foul mouthed "preaching" early on. Instead, many chose to ignore or overlook his cussing because they liked his "hard preaching" which made it easy for them to excuse or justify his barroom language.